Prevent Lost Stuffed Animals

babym66

Earning My Ears
Here is a tip if your child travels with a favorite stuffed animal. My daughter has a favorite stuffed animal (dog) that she has had since she was 9 months old. "Petey" has gone everywhere with us. He's been to Vegas, a cruise to Belize and Mexico, Canada, Disney Cruise and WDW.
To prevent him from getting lost I bought an engraved tag from one of those machines at Wal-mart.
It says "Petey", beloved of ......, and the phone number to call if he's found.
We attach it with a cheap dog collar..He only wears it when we travel.
If he ever did become lost, at least we provided someone with the information to contact us to get him home again. That dog is irreplaceable!

What a cute idea.

DD had a little lamb that we gave her for her first Easter. She was 10 months. That thing went everywhere, and showed it. She wore the silky tag out and was distraught over it. I found the exact same lamb the next year, but there was no fooling her. She is 16 now and still has Lambie and Lambchop.

GREAT IDEA!!! Very clever, thanks for sharing! Now we have another reason to buy some of those cute little dog tags at the store in Downtown Disney.

Another suggestion.. be sure to remove all stuffed animals from the beds before mousekeeping comes to your room.

Many,many years ago my DS favorite puppy was swept up in the bedding. We called mousekeeping , described her and gave them our address. About a week after we returned home, he received a package from WDW. Inside was his beloved puppy, a little less fuzzy and a LOT cleaner. He was soooo happy!

What a great idea!! Thanks for posting. :)

To prevent him from getting lost I bought an engraved tag from one of those machines at Wal-mart.
It says "Petey", beloved of ......, and the phone number to call if he's found.
QUOTE]

We did a similar thing except I put my DH name, the resort, and dates we were staying.

We did something similar- since DD's Pink Bear is not as beautiful as she once was (truthfully, anyone who didn't know better would think she was practically a rag), we engraved "Very Precious Bear- Please Do Not Discard! If Found, call (xxx)xxx-xxxx" and attached the tag around her neck. Thank goodness, we've never misplaced Pinkie- DD would be inconsolable if anything ever happened to her.

I did something similar to the engraved tag last trip down. My DD has a stuffed Unicorn from Build a Bear that goes EEEEEVVEEERRRYYY WHERE with us (and I do mean everywhere) Her build a bear tag is so worn that the chip inside is useless. (note to self see if they will replace tag)

Anywho...we bought a jingly, neon dog collar (2 reasons, If I didnt hear the noise, Majic was not nearby and it was really noticible) I took those little paper tags that have the metal edge to them, like the scrapbooking kind????? and wrote the unicorn's name and cell phone(borrowed for the trip) on one side. "My name is Majic and ###-####" Our resort info went on the other side . Last name, resort, length of stay, year. Dont put your home addy or resort room # on it ---safety issue
These tags were easier to change out depending on where Majic was going with my DD. Last summer I used them for when she went to Vacation Bible School. (big one, lots of kids) just in case.
The CM's and Characters loved it and my DD loved that they knew Majic's name from reading the tag.

P.S. those tags work great for kid ID tags too. Attach them to the shoe with resort info on the back. I kept 1 or 2 extras just in case one got lost or wet. I preattached them to her shoes and because they have decent sized jump rings (like a cheesy key chain ring) on them they were super easy to put on even her sandals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter