Pretty sad, Yachtsman. No, actually deceptive.

Up until very recently the steaks at Yachtsman m did include sides. Check menus from right up until this last menu change that just occurred. They used to come with things such as mashed potatoes or house fries or the gratin potatoes.
Exactly our experience.

OP, we had a very unfortunate experience our last (figuratively and literally) visit. We did bring it to management's attention and the steak still was incorrect. They resolved it, but it still does not mean we want to return.

DH and I dined there last May for our anniversary. I was also very disappointed. The food was very good, but the service was so terrible. No refills on drinks, no bread, no ask about dessert. Just really really poor service. Ruined the entire meal. Likely won't return which makes me sad because I really wanted to love it.

Accompaniments to a meal should be substantial enough act as a side and should compliment the entree. For example, mushroom risotto for a filet. Something that normally makes up the "bed" of the presented dish. Or at least on the periphery of the dish that adds to both the presentation and melding of flavors that make the experience more than the individual components. Garnishes are not normally called out on a menu, as they are not a substantial part of the meal, though normally they can be eaten. The accompaniments listed don't even really go together to enhance the meal. Just my thoughts

OP - I'm not sure why so many posters are acting like you are an idiot for assuming that if something is accompanied by fingerling potatoes that you are getting a reasonable amount of potatoes. I totally agree that the wording in no way indicates that it is a "garnish".

OP - I'm not sure why so many posters are acting like you are an idiot for assuming that if something is accompanied by fingerling potatoes that you are getting a reasonable amount of potatoes. I totally agree that the wording in no way indicates that it is a "garnish".
Agree and I'm sorry OP has not come back to discuss. I love her posts and hope she had a great trip other than this dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!