Pressler's Replacement: James Rasulo

Hey Baron, you should be filthy stinking rich off your Ei$ner royalties. So if you are bent out of shape over loss of additional revenue, let someone else have some - lest you look like a greedy LandBaron ;).

If you are crying thief because I used the $ you originated (was it you?), realize that you are the recipient of the best form of flattery :).

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm certainly not going to be able to turn around a fundamental world trend. Maybe we tilted the balance a little bit toward seeking efficiencies and cost reductions."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People keep pointing to this Rasulo quote as if it means he is somewhat against cost cutting...I think that is reading into it..maybe I am too paranoid and jaded at this point but to me it says, "I can't change the terrible economy in the world but MAYBE I can improve our economic lot a little bit by cutting costs and being more efficient." It is a statement in FAVOR of cost cutting as a means of tilting the balance against the fundamental world trend of a bad economy...

Sorry..

Paul

here's what worries me:

to say that the new french park has the problems of california adventure is a VAST understatement.

if he truly supports themed attractions, why would he stand behind a park that is themed, "hey kids, it's a backlot!" to save disney money on theming, atmosphere, etc.

TDS is a truly ugly, waste-of-time park, especially when visited after the beautiful and exciting disneyland paris.

and a commitment to original attractions? almost every attraction at TDS is a clone from a U.S. park. (like the theme-less version of the Rock N Roll Roller Coaster).

a few hours there, and you'll be begging for paradise pier.

I read Rasulo's comments in the first article about him and thought about his quotes a few times. It's all in the eye of the beholder. At first glance, I thought that the guy might be good news, but the more I kept thinking about what he said, I think he's going to continue to the trend of cost-cutting as far as they can get away with it.

If Eisner hired him, its because Eisner is confident Rasulo will carry out Eisner's vision for the parks.

Since I haven't seen anything to indicate Eisner's vision for the parks has changed, I see no logical reason to be optimistic.

Perhaps if Rasulo at least understands what attracts people to the parks better than Pressler did, there could be some small improvements.

But again, unless Eisner either changes his spots, or is replaced, his philosophy will prevail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter