Press Your Luck

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Has anyone watched Press Your Luck on ABC before? It's a remake of the classic 80's game show that originally debuted in 1983 and ran until 1986 on CBS and was hosted by the late Peter Tomarken and it was remade in a new version titled Whammy that aired on the Game Show Network. As you know the new season of Press Your Luck will debut July 7th and I started watching the show on Hulu and as an Elizabeth Banks fan since she voices Wildstyle Lucy from The Lego Movie she does a wonderful job hosting this show

I remember the original show. Is the new version much different, or just some minor changes?

I remember the original show. Is the new version much different, or just some minor changes?
The new Press Your Luck that's on ABC is the same as the original version but this version has a special bonus round where contestants can win up to a million dollars and they can also win special personal prizes based on their likes/or what they wish for. I thought it was a cool show and I have seen the original Press Your Luck and Whammy which both are awesome and Elizabeth Banks really brings fun to Press Your Luck. I hope you get to see it on the 7th

I watch it. Elizabeth Banks began hosting it a couple years ago. Looking forward to the new season.

Watched it a bit last season. Basically the same show that used to be a daytime gameshow in the 1980's but prizes are obviously bigger now. Don't recall if there used to be a bonus round on the older version. It is on a network station here but perhaps also on those other pay channels. Spinning is all a matter of luck when those whammies might show up, so there isn't really any skill involved. The host tries too hard to be overly excited/enthusiastic about the game. Prefer the other evening gameshows like Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy where you can play along by guessing the answers or choosing letters.

I watch the original show (as well as Newlywed Game, Password, Concentration, etc.). Have not watched the new version. I will watch it next time I see it on.

We have watched since the new version first came on and really enjoy it. Also looking forward to the new show that comes on after it Generation Gap.

Press Your Luck is one game show I would go on to play as a contestant and I would do pretty well but if I had three spins left I'd pass them to the other player to avoid getting whammied. Although I think the Whammies are cool I would avoid them as possible. I think this is the best show ABC has had since Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and I hope it continues so long. I sure wish DCA and Disney's Hollywood Studios could do a show of Press Your Luck like they did Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and it would be a hit if it were made

The host tries too hard to be overly excited/enthusiastic about the game. Prefer the other evening gameshows like Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy where you can play along by guessing the answers or choosing letters.
This is my gripe with a lot of these summer time game shows. The hosts are over enthusiastic and it comes off as fake which makes me want to turn it off. What made Peter Tomarken's hosting so great was he knew when to raise his voice and inject that excitement and at other points he was just along for the ride as a commentator for the audience at home. The key is to pump in that excitement when it's needed, not constantly throughout the show.

I like the new version a lot. I really enjoy the personalized prizes in the bonus round. I think one of the prizes for someone was a lifetime of Pepsi. That would be one of my prizes, too. Looking forward to new episodes.

A slight bit off topic, but I really loved the new show, The Hustler, with Craig Ferguson. I am so sad it was canceled. It was great!

Did you see the season premiere of Press Your Luck on Thursday? I saw it on Hulu yesterday and it was a lot of fun especially when the woman won an RV at the end and they have added a new thing called Prize-a Palooza and when someone hits it in the bonus round they can win all the prizes they have on the board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter