President Day Weekend... Crazy Crowded

We decide to head into the parks on Saturday to just roam around and see what we could see and do... oh we are AP holders so we slip in and out quite a bit...

I completely forgot about it being a 3 day weekend.... As well some race in Daytona was going on... And and weather was so beautiful...

Crazy crowded.... forget shoulder to shoulder, more like a body contact sport... I actually think that it was busier than at Christmas and we head into the parks almost every weekend from right before Thanksgiving to New Years ...

Even after the parade you get some folks heading out to the other parks, heading back to the resorts to swim... it did not even move the crowd level in my opinion for what its worth...

We had lunch, and used our FP's and hit 2 other rides... and DH and I were looking at each other like this is nuts... so we headed home...

I will say that the Country Bear jamboree, was packed and full theater, as well as the Liberty Belle had a was full of guest lining the rails... Very nostalgic...

It was around 4:30 ish, and the cars were just piling in still, the Villains lots was almost complete full...

Presidents Day weekend use to be a nice long weekend to head into the parks and not overly crowded... I guess the secret is out now... WOW is it out....

As a suggestion if you are planning on visiting during this time, plan like its during the week of Christmas...
Holiday weekends are really tough. Kids off from school, adults off work, it's a bad combo. Thanks for the report.

I'm in MA and this week is President's Day and February vacation for us, NH has their Feb vacation next week so I would expect that week to be crowded as well. In April they do it again, MA first then NH the following week. Kind of ridiculous to have 2 big breaks so close together IMO, especially after Christmas & Thanksgiving, but it's how we roll.

We were there too... we saw so many large school groups... some marching band groups... some gymnastic groups... some baton twirling groups.... on top of all the other reasons why this weekend is so crowded. We go all the time and were well aware and prepared for the business, so we were not shocked or upset, but it was madness. At least the weather was great and we met lots of nice people on our long wait in lines.

Yikes!

Wondering what Columbus Day in October will be like?
Very busy! October as a whole is busier than summer now and Columbus day is super crowded. Just like a lot of districts have winter break in February, many others have fall break in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter