President Day Weekend... Crazy Crowded

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
We decide to head into the parks on Saturday to just roam around and see what we could see and do... oh we are AP holders so we slip in and out quite a bit...

I completely forgot about it being a 3 day weekend.... As well some race in Daytona was going on... And and weather was so beautiful...

Crazy crowded.... forget shoulder to shoulder, more like a body contact sport... I actually think that it was busier than at Christmas and we head into the parks almost every weekend from right before Thanksgiving to New Years ...

Even after the parade you get some folks heading out to the other parks, heading back to the resorts to swim... it did not even move the crowd level in my opinion for what its worth...

We had lunch, and used our FP's and hit 2 other rides... and DH and I were looking at each other like this is nuts... so we headed home...

I will say that the Country Bear jamboree, was packed and the theater was full, as well as the Liberty Belle had a was full of guest lining the rails... Very nostalgic...

It was around 4:30 ish, and the cars were just piling in still, the Villains lots was almost complete full...

Presidents Day weekend use to be a nice long weekend to head into the parks and not overly crowded... I guess the secret is out now... WOW is it out....

As a suggestion if you are planning on visiting during this time, plan like its during the week of Christmas...

Last edited:
MK on any given Saturday is a mad house, on top of that Presidents Day weekend, plenty of folks not working or going to school Monday makes a huge difference. I was at Universal and I agree, it was as busy as the Christmas season

A lot of schools in the Northeast have the entire week off, so it's a good week to head down.

We just got back yesterday from a 3-night trip and, I agree, it was almost as crowded as Christmas week in MK. The other parks didn't feel as crowded (except for TSL in DHS). We were laughing because the line for Peoplemover was so long which is always our yardstick for how crowded the park is. We were also in a packed theater for CoP and everyone was singing and clapping along which was really fun!

A couple of larger school systems around these parts have full-week winter breaks this week as well. One is out this full week and then again 5 weeks later for spring break. I want to move to that county. :-)

We rescheduled our trip to a week earlier because I read it was going to be crazy from 2/14 on. I'm so glad I did. We were able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and Moonlight Magic at Magic Kingdom. Both events were awesome, every ride was an absolute walk on.

Our last day at WDW was Valentines Day, and the parks were jam packed. It was listed as crowd level 7 but it felt like a 9 or 10. The entire week prior was 3 or 4 and so nice.

I saw the wait list times for this past weekend and shook my head.

A couple of larger school systems around these parts have full-week winter breaks this week as well. One is out this full week and then again 5 weeks later for spring break. I want to move to that county. :-)

Move to Cobb county. It was a great school schedule while my boys were in Cobb county schools! Lots of Cobb county people go to Disney for our week long breaks from school

MK on any given Saturday is a mad house, on top of that Presidents Day weekend, plenty of folks not working or going to school Monday makes a huge difference. I was at Universal and I agree, it was as busy as the Christmas season
Our school system has the entire week off and I know people headed down to Disney. It’s called Winter Break for us.

Yikes!

Wondering what Columbus Day in October will be like?

At least where we live (southern New England), President's Day week (and weekend) are unique in that all private schools had at least Monday off (hence our weekend trip), some had Friday and Monday off, the district we live in had last week off and the district right next to us has all of this week off. Multiply that by all the districts in the eastern US and you have a LOT of people going to WDW the week before and week after President's Day!

Winter break? I thought that was during Christmas. When is spring break?
For our county we get two weeks at Christmas, a week for Winter break and then a week in April for spring break. More time off throughout the year but summers are shorter. Everyone still does the 180 days just in different ways. My kids start school back around August 2nd.

That’s us! But I don’t do Disney on breaks. We have had a couple of great trips early summer.

Winter break? I thought that was during Christmas. When is spring break?

We have a week at Christmas, this week for "Winter Break" (a.k.a. send-them-all-home-at-once-so-everyone-comes-back-healthy) and another week in the middle of April. But we don't get out for the summer until mid to late June.

We've traveled over both the February and April vacation weeks in the past, but this year we went away for Christmas, so we're here at home now.

I believe it's called "mid-winter break" now and crowds are expected to be very bad through the end of February.

We rescheduled our trip to a week earlier because I read it was going to be crazy from 2/14 on. I'm so glad I did. We were able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours and Moonlight Magic at Magic Kingdom. Both events were awesome, every ride was an absolute walk on.

Our last day at WDW was Valentines Day, and the parks were jam packed. It was listed as crowd level 7 but it felt like a 9 or 10. The entire week prior was 3 or 4 and so nice.

I saw the wait list times for this past weekend and shook my head.

We were in the parks on 2-12 and 2-13. We hopped to all parks over the 2 days. Mk on the 13th was much more crowded than the rest of the parks. We were in Epcot and Ak on the 12th and HS for EMM, then MK, and then to Epcot. Glad I moved my trip up to those dates. My wedding anniversary is the 21st and we have been at the parks close to Presidents Day and it was nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter