Prescriptions Savings

tinkerbell615

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen any coupons recently for savings on new prescriptions. In the past I have seen them for transferring etc..., but I need to fill a new one and was wanting to do it the least expensive way.

I do have insurance and I have checked Kroger to see if it is on the $4.00 list, but it is not.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone seen any coupons recently for savings on new prescriptions. In the past I have seen them for transferring etc..., but I need to fill a new one and was wanting to do it the least expensive way.

I do have insurance and I have checked Kroger to see if it is on the $4.00 list, but it is not.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen any coupons, but have you checked to see if your doctor has any samples or coupons (they get the best ones for specific drugs). If you don't have prescription insurance, you can also look for discount cards (many are free - one that comes to mind is called the Simple Savings Card - it can save up to about 30% depending on the medication but it won't work if you already have Rx insurance).

If the medication is only available as a brand name drug, you can check the manufacturer website and see if they are offering any sort of prescription assistance or just coupons (sometimes they'll give you $10 or something for registering or signing up for a newsletter for a certain drug).

A lot will depend on what drug it is and how expensive it is to start with. I don't know how many pharmacies are in your area, but I'd call all of them and ask for their cash price for the drug you need (if you haven't already) - you may find you can save a substantial amount of money just be shopping around since different pharmacies have different purchasing contracts with suppliers. You can also ask the pharmacy if they have any coupons for the medication, though they usually only have coupons for the newest (and most expensive!) brand name drugs.

Sorry I didn't really answer your beginning question, but maybe something in here will help someone!

**Sorry - I missed that you have insurance! Did they tell you your co-pay?**

You can also use the Rite Aid coupon at CVS. I've used it for new and refilled rx. They haven't hesitated or asked any questions either.

HTH!
Goofygirl

Thanks! As I mentioned... we do have insurance, but have quite a few prescriptions that we have to fill throught the month. I am always looking for the least expensive way to fill them. It can be quite pricey even with a presription insurance card.

Have you thought about the mail order through your health care plan? My plan uses MEDICO and for the co pay cost, I get a 90 day supply instead of a 30 day supply that I would get if I used Rite Aid or a similar drug type store.

There is a coupon in Sunday's (tomorrow's) Target ad for $10 gift card with a new or transferred prescription. I've also seen a lot of coupons lately for KMart's pharmacy (new or transferred). CVS puts them out periodically but they are usually only for transferred prescriptions, but they take all competitor's coupons.

If you live near a Shaw's, there's one for $25 when you fill a prescription. Target had a $10 one in today's paper too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter