Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

One more thing, did anyone who is considering the platinum plan notice on the PDf (or somewhere?) that it said you might placed on a fireworks cruise with other parties? Not a big deal I guess but I don't really consider it worth the full value if you are sharing a boat with random strangers. Also, does anyone know if the Wishes cruise is the one with the music?

P.S. Bete, I see you are from Crawfordsville! That is my fiance's hometown! We currently live down in southern indiana! :)

I wasn't born in C'vlle, but we're here for about 16 years, now.

The firework cruises are shared under the plan, but there's a devoted boat for this purpose. Sometimes, no one else shows up and it's totally yours for the cruise. We have shared with a group before (paying OOP) and we actually enjoyed being with others and sharing our visits with one another.

I can't answer about the Wishes cruise. You may have to call Disney to see if they can tell you.

Hi Carol,

Yes - you could do this! The price would be $303. Your first reservation would need to be split into two separate reservations, so you would owe a new $200 deposit on the Premium package reservation, as well as a new one-night's deposit on the new room-only reservation. :)

Yes, this really looks like a good idea to do for 1 night. I did try to price with room discounts and the Premium choice was not there online. When I did it with out a disount, the option was there. Are there 2 different premium choices or just 1? Thanks!!

Tell me if I am thinking of this correctly...

If we were going to do the premium for two nights/three days, I would have a total of 6 meals per person, to be eaten anywhere on the premium list, correct? And these six meals can be any variety of breakfast/lunch/dinner? (and I can do this with purchasing one-day base tickets?)

I am thinking (ha, see the steam coming out my ears?) that we could do it like this:

Day one (we'll be checking out from our other package, back into same hotel)
lunch (? Maybe Le Cellier)
dinner (Fulton's Crab House)

Day two
lunch (Hollywood Brown Derby)
dinner (Yachtsmans Steakhouse)

Day three (check out of room, back in for one night on room-only)
lunch (not sure yet)
dinner (Fulton's Crab House again, because why not?)
La Nouba

Other activities worked in where they can, like maybe the minature golf, archery, etc. Haven't really decided on those. We were planning to do quick-serve dining on our 11 night trip, with at least two signature dinners out-of-pocket. (Fulton's and Yachtmans). If we do it this way, we'll be doing our 8 nights of quick-serve dining, then checking back in for two days on the premium, and checking in the last day with the room-only. However, from what I am seeing, I can extend those 6 meals from the premium plan to cover the last day, since the credits are good until midnight.

Doing this instead of our original 11-night quick serve plan would cost me a total of $737.54 more than before. (factoring in three one-day base tickets, room only for the very last night, etc.) I then figured what we might would eat at each place (3 of us, all pricing before tips.)

Le Cellier (lunch) @ $123
Fultons (dinner) @ $270

Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch) @ $163
Yachtsmans (dinner) @ $222

??? (lunch, maybe at Rainforest Cafe) @ $170
Fulton's (again! dinner) $270

That comes to $1218 for those meals.
La Nouba tickets would come to $272 for us, so we're at $1490 of value before I add on any other activities. $1490 of value for $737.54 more than our previous price. (seems like a deal to me?) And I had already planned on one Fulton's and one Yachtsman's out of pocket, so......

I had planned to spend $492 for two dinners, but I can pay $245.54 more than I had planned to spend, get four ADDITIONAL dinners, plus La Nouba, plus one-day tickets to use later, plus any of the other activities I add on for us (like the golfing, etc.)

Seems like a good deal to me. Am I figuring this right?

Disneysuncat,
You are "Pro" at this already!! But make sure your last night of the premium plan does not fall on a Sunday or Monday when the show goes "Dark".

Yes, this really looks like a good idea to do for 1 night. I did try to price with room discounts and the Premium choice was not there online. When I did it with out a disount, the option was there. Are there 2 different premium choices or just 1? Thanks!!

There are two separate plans, the Premium plan and the Platinum plan. Platinum is only available by staying deluxe or DVC resort so it won't show up as a choice if you select a value or moderate resort.

Premium is something like $165ish per night per adult and platinum is $220-230 per night per adult.

Disneysuncat,
You are "Pro" at this already!! But make sure your last night of the premium plan does not fall on a Sunday or Monday when the show goes "Dark".

Thanks! :) It doesn't, I already looked at the schedule (subject to change, I am sure!) Our dates for this part of the plan would be 11/15, 11/16, 11/17. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) but wouldn't you know it, they are closed for whatever reason on that Tuesday, 11/16! But that's fine, as we can go on 11/17 (Wednesday.)

ANYWAY....I just called and booked it! I added on an extra day on the premium part for now (3 nights, 4 days!) but we may take that back down to what I had before.

The cast member started telling me that I couldn't book it with a one-day base ticket, so I said "that's fine, you can online, I'll just book there." He was "no no no, I'll call guest services to confirm!" Then he came back and said "I stand corrected."

Right now I have 8 days (with a 10 day park hopper) booked at POFQ and quick service dining, then 3 nights (same hotel) on the Premium plan. I still need to add that last room only for the last night.

We may knock a day or two off of the first reservation, to offset the premium days a bit. Or we may not. I am so glad I saw this thread, this is going to be a lot of fun for my Mom's birthday!
(and my daughter will love it too!)

Hi, I need your help. What is the difference between these two plans in terms of costs and benefits.

I'm staying at Beach club and have the deluxe dining plan.

Thx!

Hi, I need your help. What is the difference between these two plans in terms of costs and benefits.

I'm staying at Beach club and have the deluxe dining plan.

Thx!

The premium or platinum plan would take the place of your Deluxe dining plan for the night (or nights) that you book it. One difference between deluxe dining and these plans is that the "signature" restaurants do not count as two credits. All meals on Premium and Platinum count as one whether you eat at counter service, table service, "signature" or even Victoria and Alberts (platinum plan only).

I am pasting some of the answers from other posters on this thread

2010 Prices (from mouse savers):
Premium Plan: $164 per adult per day and $114 per child per day
Platinum Plan: $220 per adult per day and $155 per child per day

Let's see. Some of the extra with the Platinum plan are:
A massage($100+)
Richard Petty riding-along experience
[In room baby-sitting]
Firework Cruise($300+)
Dinner @ Victoria & Albert(this is a $125 value)
Photopass CD?
Sea Quest/Dive @Epcot
ETC....

THose some of the things that the platinum plan offers that premium doesn't.To compare the features yourself be sure to check out these PDF's which list what is available for each plan:

I hope these would help with your planning.

Platinum http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...og/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Platinum.pdf
Premium
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...log/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Premium.pdf
If you like any extensive planning, I will be more than happy to...

Don't forget that most room discounts are not valid with these plans, so you will have to pay rack rate (or close to it) for the room.

Can the Platinum package be added onto a DVC reservation?

If not could we just stay at Pop with the Platinum?

Thank you in advance!

I know you can get the dinning plan with an AP room rate but can you get the premium plan ????
Does anyone know which activitie would require a tip ... I know for sure the dinners, spa visits and the fireworks crusis would but what about parasailing, fishing, etc...
Thanks ...
This is a great thread ...

Can the Platinum package be added onto a DVC reservation?

If not could we just stay at Pop with the Platinum?

Thank you in advance!

According to mouse savers the Platinum Plan is only available with: "Accommodations at a Deluxe Disney resort or select Deluxe Villa (DVC) resorts (Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas or Villas at Wilderness Lodge)"

I don't know if you'd have to have a regular reservation or if a DVC member can add it to their reservation.

You can't add Platinum to Pop (since it can only be added to deluxes), but you can do premium at Pop.

I know you can get the dinning plan with an AP room rate but can you get the premium plan ????
Does anyone know which activitie would require a tip ... I know for sure the dinners, spa visits and the fireworks crusis would but what about parasailing, fishing, etc...
Thanks ...
This is a great thread ...

According to the PDF gratuity is included for the spa visits. It's also included at a few select dining experiences (see PDF). I don't think you'd need to top at things like parasailing or fishing, but I wouldn't think you need to tip for the fireworks cruise either, is that customary?

Hi Carol,

Yes - you could do this! The price would be $303. Your first reservation would need to be split into two separate reservations, so you would owe a new $200 deposit on the Premium package reservation, as well as a new one-night's deposit on the new room-only reservation. :)

I'll be sending you an email soon :-) Just have to decide which dates I'll be doing it and talk to my roomie to see if we're gonna do it when she'll be there or just me before she gets there.

The other difference with the Platinum and Premium plans is that you must be staying in a Deluxe or DVC resort to book Platinum.

You can stay at the Value, Moderates, or even the campground and do the Premium plan.

For me the Platinum would be a huge price increase, cause I'd have to upgrade to a deluxe resort.

I told my SO about this, and now he wants to do it too! I just have to run the number/schedule and see what I come up with.

Has anyone actually DONE this?? I'd like to hear reviews. I'm really tempted to do 1 night on our next trip since its just DH&I. But I wonder if we will feel like we are running around like a chicken with our head cut off??

I'm particularly interested in La Nouba and Spirit of Aloha. (Haven't ever done those yet). Then throw in 3 meals and I think its worth it. Even if we don't do tours, etc??

Here are my thoughts:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour
Lunch at Chefs de France
Spirit of Aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
La Nouba
Dinner at Fultons

I think with just that, it would be worth it. But we would probably be able to schedule something for the afternoon for each day. Maybe carriage ride one day?

Maggie

Has anyone actually DONE this?? I'd like to hear reviews. I'm really tempted to do 1 night on our next trip since its just DH&I. But I wonder if we will feel like we are running around like a chicken with our head cut off??

I'm particularly interested in La Nouba and Spirit of Aloha. (Haven't ever done those yet). Then throw in 3 meals and I think its worth it. Even if we don't do tours, etc??

Here are my thoughts:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour
Lunch at Chefs de France
Spirit of Aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour
La Nouba
Dinner at Fultons

I think with just that, it would be worth it. But we would probably be able to schedule something for the afternoon for each day. Maybe carriage ride one day?

Maggie

Hi Maggie,
Have you consider doing this....
Day 1: (save one day park admission)
Segway at Fort Wilderness(8:30 or 11:30am)
Horseback Riding(45 min)
Lunch @one of the MK resorts
Some water sports like parasailing..
Dinner @Spirits of aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour(M-F)
Lunch @CRT
La Nouba(6pm show)(Tue-Sat)
Dinner @Fulton's Crab house

These are just some of my idea.

I was just looking into possibly doing this as well, I had read that V&A can be a choice, but when looking at the Premium offerings, I didn't see it listed at GF. Does anyone know for sure or did I miss it (it's a great deal even without V & A)

V&A is only offered with the platinum package (which gives you more perks but requires that you stay at a deluxe or deluxe villa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter