Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

V&A is only offered with the platinum package (which gives you more perks but requires that you stay at a deluxe or deluxe villa).

Thanks. I guess that's why the platinum package wasn't a choice. We were just pricing this with one night (at ASMu) and it was only 591!! I couldn't believe it for what you can make it be!! I couldn't personnaly make use of such included items every day but surely can for 1 night (and actually 2 days!) Thank you again.

I have never thought of this. I wish I would have known a few weeks ago this would have been perfect for our anniversary trip. oh well I guess I'll just have to plan it for the fall trip, good thing I'm not within 180 days yet. You guys rock, this is an awesome idea!

If you do the premium plan you can probably stay in your same resort room as concurrent, split reservations. I think in this economy they would accomodate that request; so, you really wouldn't be checking out and in again. This would be easier. I will say though I think you get some super benefits doing the platinum plan that I can't resist it. Read on.

If you want the platinum plan and you don't want to stay the whole time at a deluxe then it's more complicated because you have to check-in and out of the resorts which is time consuming. This would be extremely difficult without having a car. It would work best to change resorts if you did it early in the morning before anything really got started/opened. I would actually have a non-park day on day 3 just to relax and get rejuvenated, but I would be doing commando style for the two days on the platinum plan.

Keep in mind this needs to be a Disney package deal; so, you buy a 1 day park ticket at a very high cost. I do believe ( I'll be verifying this for sure)you can upgrade the 1 day tic to more park days; so, I would keep this in mind in my second reservation when getting park tickets. I would probably do a resort only stay if upgrading park tickets.

We take longer trips there; so, I'm actually thinking about starting my trip this way and mid stream doing it again. I'd do this with the platinum plan and I would stay deluxe and value resorts for it. As an example, I'm thinking 1 day on platinum when we arrive which gets me 2 days of perks. We wouldn't do a park the first day. Then, I'd be getting my 1 day park tic on the second day upgraded to say a 4 day park tic. Use my 4 day park ticket while being in a value resort to enjoy the parks. Now midstream, do another stay under the platinum plan for 1 day again and then do the same for another upgrade to a 4 day park ticket. This gets me 10 days of park tickets. I could do it for a little less or more time in the parks, too; whatever works for your time allotment. In this scenario, I would get 4 days of perks on the platinum plan. I'm also thinking of doing two days in a row on the platinum plan, but then I only get 3 days of perks on the platinum plan, not 4 but I would save one move to a resort this way but the value is not as great.

The possibilities are really endless. I'm also thinking of doing one platinum 1 day stay and one premium 1 day stay. This would probably be the best way to go for the best value. I'll be planning how to get the best out of this situation under each plan. I would get 4 days of perks again, but would have to make resort changes in and out again.

Also, you need to make sure you get all the resrevations/bookings you want to make this plan work for you. I really think this is wonderful and it puts another spin on our experiences there. I would not fork over true costs for the various perks, but under the plan I would make it work for us very well.

Good luck to all and I hope everyone shares their experiences with this idea.

This sounds good, but I would upgrade my 1 day ticket from the first part of your vacation to an 8 or 10 day ticket, (whatever you need), and then save your single day ticket from your second package for future use. This would save some money and the one day ticket does not expire and can be upgraded in the future.

This sounds good, but I would upgrade my 1 day ticket from the first part of your vacation to an 8 or 10 day ticket, (whatever you need), and then save your single day ticket from your second package for future use. This would save some money and the one day ticket does not expire and can be upgraded in the future.

We don't go often enough for me to utilize the unused ticket quickly enough in my opinion. It would be collecting dust for me. There are 3 of us; so, it's collecting even more dust. I would probably forget about it over and over again knowing me when the next trip came.

Maybe, I'll consider two trips in the same year to make it work out. If I do it that way it might be workable for me to remember about the old 1 day tics and use them.

You made an excellent point and I will try to make it work for me.

We don't go often enough for me to utilize the unused ticket quickly enough in my opinion. It would be collecting dust for me. There are 3 of us; so, it's collecting even more dust. I would probably forget about it over and over again knowing me when the next trip came.

Maybe, I'll consider two trips in the same year to make it work out. If I do it that way it might be workable for me to remember about the old 1 day tics and use them.

You made an excellent point and I will try to make it work for me.

It's still worth it, but why wouldn't you be using it? Are you getting 2 packages or have an AP? Also, the price value season for a Value for 2 adults at ASMu is only 591! for the night. That includes the 3 meals at almost any TS plus any activites listed. Even with the price of the ticket (that can be used in the future, we had 4 of these and just used them to upgrade to APs a few weeks ago) I think with just the meals and even one or 2 of the other expensive options it's well worth it. I really never thought of this nor knew you could book it only 1 night. For some reason I thought all those packages were 3 nights, but I never really looked into it.

On another note, does anyone know if you can book either the prem. or plat. with discounted rooms? It doesn't come up as an option when in the AP or GP discounted area to book, only non discounted rooms. (it's still worth it but just wondering) THANKS

Disneyfan55,
The only discount that we were able to book the premium plan with is the AAA room rate. We have AP's too. Unfortunately, none of the WDW special rates can be applied to the Premium or the Platinum. With this being said, I remembered someone on the board mentioned last year that WDW had a special of 25%(I think??) off the Premium plan. If anyone recall seeing this please elaborate...

Disneyfan55,
The only discount that we were able to book the premium plan with is the AAA room rate. We have AP's too. Unfortunately, none of the WDW special rates can be applied to the Premium or the Platinum. With this being said, I remembered someone on the board mentioned last year that WDW had a special of 25%(I think??) off the Premium plan. If anyone recall seeing this please elaborate...

Yes, I recall seeing the offer on Mousesavers.com I think it was good (or maybe had to be booked not sure) by June 30, 2009. I really never looked into it (but maybe should have if 1 night was avail!!) since I thought it would still be out of reach for us!

Hi Maggie,
Have you consider doing this....
Day 1: (save one day park admission)
Segway at Fort Wilderness(8:30 or 11:30am)
Horseback Riding(45 min)
Lunch @one of the MK resorts
Some water sports like parasailing..
Dinner @Spirits of aloha

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour(M-F)
Lunch @CRT
La Nouba(6pm show)(Tue-Sat)
Dinner @Fulton's Crab house

These are just some of my idea.

Thanks. Those are some ideas. I think there are 4 meals listed but we only get 3. However, that is ok because the keys to the kingdom tour comes with a lunch at Columbia Harbor house.

Maggie

Thanks. Those are some ideas. I think there are 4 meals listed but we only get 3. However, that is ok because the keys to the kingdom tour comes with a lunch at Columbia Harbor house.

Maggie
If we book this type of package for just the one day, what do you think of being able to reserve the items we want! Does anyone know how it works, with the keycard, like everything else? Thanks!! (because some of this type of thing require payment to book, like tours etc.? Thanks

OK. Maybe a revised plan:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour 8:30 - 10:30 am ($95 x 2)
Lunch at Chefs de France (~$70)
Portrait session at Poly (times available??? cost????)
Spirit of Aloha 5:15 - 7:15 pm ($60 x 2 - do you get Tier 1?)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour 8:30 - 1:30 ($65 x 2) includes lunch
Horseback riding at FW (times available??? cost???)
Carriage ride at FW (times available??? cost???)
La Nouba 6 - 7:30 pm ($83 x 2 - I think I read you get Category 2)
Dinner at Fultons (~$120 - do you get a side with your meal or is it extra?)

Can you think of any way we could fit in the Priority viewing for wishes? I think Wishes will be playing at 9 pm. I guess we could either see Wishes first and then go to dinner late. (Lot of travel time and inconvenience?) Or we could eat before LaNouba. But I imagine that would mean eating at 4 pm or so? Or I guess we could eat at Narcoose or Citricos instead.

Maggie

Disneyfan55,

How do you get a AAA discount? I have AAA but, was not aware that you could use it & get the premium plan.

OK. Maybe a revised plan:

Day 1:
EPCOT Segway Tour 8:30 - 10:30 am ($95 x 2)
Lunch at Chefs de France (~$70)
Portrait session at Poly (times available??? cost????)
Spirit of Aloha 5:15 - 7:15 pm ($60 x 2 - do you get Tier 1?)
Priority Viewing of Illuminations
Lunch @Chefs($45+/-pp)
Photo(best time for the portraits are either early in the morning or after 4pm)

Day 2:
Keys to the Kingdom tour 8:30 - 1:30 ($65 x 2) includes lunch
Horseback riding at FW (times available??? cost???)
Carriage ride at FW (times available??? cost???)
La Nouba 6 - 7:30 pm ($83 x 2 - I think I read you get Category 2)
Dinner at Fultons (~$120 - do you get a side with your meal or is it extra?)
Horseback Riding is 45 minutes long, but they require you to arrive at least 30 minute ahead and it is about $48/pp
Carriage ride at FW is available in the evening between 6 & 9:30 at $35/pp(25 min)
La Nouba($85 cat. 2 tickets)

Can you think of any way we could fit in the Priority viewing for wishes? I think Wishes will be playing at 9 pm. I guess we could either see Wishes first and then go to dinner late. (Lot of travel time and inconvenience?) Or we could eat before LaNouba. But I imagine that would mean eating at 4 pm or so? Or I guess we could eat at Narcoose or Citricos instead.

Maggie
Hi Maggie, sorry that I highlighted your quote. If I am not mistaken, you are going in August, right? If so, Wishes will be shown at 10:00pm.

How do you get a AAA discount? I have AAA but, was not aware that you could use it & get the premium plan.

I got 10% off our room portion of the package. Besides this, my local AAA has published a coupon of $50 off any tour booked thru AAA, which I was able to use also. We ended up saving a lot.:thumbsup2

I got 10% off our room portion of the package. Besides this, my local AAA has published a coupon of $50 off any tour booked thru AAA, which I was able to use also. We ended up saving a lot.:thumbsup2

Wow, that's a great savings! Was the local coupon in your newspaper or something you picked up at AAA? I might check and see if our local branch is doing anything like that, I know I occaisonally see them advertising Disney Vacations around this time of year.

O...you must go thru AAA travel agent. I don't want too go that route. Here AAA charges a $50 fee and they are not knowledgeable at ALL!!! The fee would negate the savings.

I clipped off that coupon from a "PennySaver" which my local AAA placed an occasional advertisement. My AAA TA was the best. She even extended my AAA discount and $50 coupons for my sister in Long Island and my cousin from NJ to use because we are going together. Neither of them are AAA members. Now, you don't see that kind of courtesy everyday. :cloud9:

Hi Maggie, sorry that I highlighted your quote. If I am not mistaken, you are going in August, right? If so, Wishes will be shown at 10:00pm.

Yes. Right now I have Aug. 8 - 15 booked. But I think I am going to move to Aug. 29 - Sept. 5. I looked on TGM and it showed Wishes on Aug. 31 at 9 pm.

Maggie

I don't see why AAA would charge you $50 fee if you are a member. If you want I could PM you my TA's contact info.

Yeah. My AAA agent charged us $50 when we booked a cruise with them. She said it was any time you used a travel agent.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter