Pre load stateroom account?

Here's a kind of related question

We are putting one card on the account because since I paid for the cruise my mom buys the booze :rotfl2: (We are not doing any DCL excursions and I prepaid the tips)

If I bought something in the stores could I just go to the purser's desk and give them a credit card or cash JUST for that charge? It would make the "settle" up at the end much easier.

The itemized bill is by each KTTW card. For my daughter, for example, it was on my master bill but had her name and then not only the things she had charged to her KTTW card but her tips, her excursions, her spa treatment which I had arranged under the blanket reservation. If your mother charges all the drinks, she'll get the bill even if you drink them. If you charge a drink on your card, it will show up under your name on the final bill.

Nancy

Very easy to know who charged what.

First time cruiser here and seeing that number 1500-2000 just scared me. I wasn't planning on spending that much after already paying thousands to cruise... Is this an average amount to spend onboard? What are we paying for with that money? Drinks excursions?? What else?

Thanks!

I agree with the posters who say that this is within your control. You don't have to spend a dime unless you want to. Of course, like the PP said, little things like tips and souvenirs add up.

I anticipate we will spend about $1,500 and have planned for that as we have budgeted for our trip. A huge chunk of that will be excursions because, from what I have read, it is hard to do Alaska without excursions. There are also just a couple we really want to do. I have cruised to other destinations though, on other cruise lines, and have never done a single excursion.

I really like the suggestions of clearing your tab each day and carrying singles for tips. I will probably use those, along with pre-loading our tab and pre-paying for gratuities. Nothing would suck more than facing a giant bill at the end that you didn't expect or plan for.

Just to share, here is our "rough" budget for our 7 night Alaska:

Gratuities...............$ 250
Excursions..............$ 800
Spa........................$ 240
Palo.......................$ 100
Booze.....................$ 100

So that is in the neighborhood of $1,500 without considering other incidentals that might come up.

If we did nothing on the list but drink for seven days, that drops to $350. Of course, if we don't do the excursions or spa, the booze budget would go up. :rotfl2:

We asked DCL to put our "dummy cruise" deposit toward shipboard credit for the 2013 WBPC. I'd like to think $1100 will cover our bill, but I anticipate adding another $500 in port excursions. We also bring lots of ones & fives for "little tips" around the ship, porters, and guides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter