• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre cruise testing for vaccinated travellers in Canada

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
I am Canadian and fully vaccinated. I am planning to cruise out of port canaveral on the wish in august, how do I complete the pre trip Covid test? Can I go to a local Canadian pharmacy and have it done and uploaded? Or do I have to use the testing service that Disney uses? Is that only available for US citizens? So confused.

I am Canadian and fully vaccinated. I am planning to cruise out of port canaveral on the wish in august, how do I complete the pre trip Covid test? Can I go to a local Canadian pharmacy and have it done and uploaded? Or do I have to use the testing service that Disney uses? Is that only available for US citizens? So confused.

You can go local if it meets the following requirements from Safe Passage:

Disney Requirements for Third-Party Early Embarkation Tests:

Guests who opt to obtain an early embarkation test from a third-party test provider must ensure that the test meets the following Disney requirements. Any deviation from the below requirements may cause your test result to be rejected. In this case, you may be required to obtain another early embarkation test or test at the port, at guest expense.

1. Test result documentation must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.
  2. Test must be administered or observed by a licensed medical professional, telehealth or test provider.
  3. Test must be taken no more than 2 days prior to your cruise sail date.
  4. Test result documentation must contain the following information:
    1. Test result documentation must be provided by a qualified test provider
    2. Full name of guest (must match the name on the reservation)
    3. Date of birth of guest (must match the DOB of the guest on the reservation)
    4. Test type must be: 1. Antigen, 2. NAAT or 3. PCR
    5. Test provider name and contact information must be listed
    6. Test date must be no more than 2 days prior to the cruise sail date
    7. Test result must be Negative

Also Canadian and I’m having trouble understanding if I still require testing if I’m fully vaxxed?

Canadian here too. Everyone requires testing even those fully vaccinated. We are staying at a Disney resort (no park days) for 4 days before our cruise. I am bringing down the covid test kits with me and then have a booked test conducted through Microsoft Teams 2 days before our cruise. I booked the proctored tests with Rapid Test & Trace Canada but there are other companies that do the same thing. We're doing that for my DH and I, 2 days before the cruise in our room in the morning so that it doesn't tie up our entire day.

Also Canadian and I’m having trouble understanding if I still require testing if I’m fully vaxxed?
Yes everyone still needs a test regardless of vax status. We are from Vancouver, sailing on the Wonder in two weeks. We are using the free govt tests (in the green box) and doing it online with Life Centers. $20 for the first person, $5 for each additional person.

Has anyone done their testing at Shoppers Drug Mart? Like would a test done at a pharmacy that is meant for travelling individuals work?

Has anyone done their testing at Shoppers Drug Mart? Like would a test done at a pharmacy that is meant for travelling individuals work?
We are doing our testing at Shoppers Drug Mart this upcoming weekend for our Disney cruise next week and as far as we can see ( it is RAT for travel done by a licensed pharmacist that provides you with printed test results within 30 minutes) it is a valid test that Disney will accept.

Last edited:
Shoppers, Walmart, and Costco (from most expensive to least) offer the rapid test through their pharmacy and give you a print out of your results within 15 min.

If your cruise is Saturday, can one test early Thursday? Is that considered no more than 2 days? (It's probably more than 48 hrs from test to port embarcation) We fly out Thursday, and I'd rather not even get on the plane if I know I will be denied boarding.

Yes everyone still needs a test regardless of vax status. We are from Vancouver, sailing on the Wonder in two weeks. We are using the free govt tests (in the green box) and doing it online with Life Centers. $20 for the first person, $5 for each additional person.
Disney accepts the green box tests from Canada? We have B2B cruises, first on Royal, then on Disney. My understanding with Royal is the test has to be FDA approved if you're doing it proctored. So you're saying that Disney doesn't have this requirement of FDA approved tests?

Disney accepts the green box tests from Canada? We have B2B cruises, first on Royal, then on Disney. My understanding with Royal is the test has to be FDA approved if you're doing it proctored. So you're saying that Disney doesn't have this requirement of FDA approved tests?
No they do not say anything about being FDA approved. Friends of ours are sailing to Alaska tomorrow (they are from ON) and used the green box tests and Rapid Test and Trace with zero issues. Other friends of ours sailed to Alaska from Vancouver on Royal in April, used the green box tests, also with Rapid Test and Trace and again, no issues.

No they do not say anything about being FDA approved. Friends of ours are sailing to Alaska tomorrow (they are from ON) and used the green box tests and Rapid Test and Trace with zero issues. Other friends of ours sailed to Alaska from Vancouver on Royal in April, used the green box tests, also with Rapid Test and Trace and again, no issues.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to check into this further as I was thinking of picking up some of the US tests to use as they are FDA approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter