Pre-Cruise Hotel?

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
Just curious what people have done when arriving a day early (other than Disney). Our cruise leaves on Sunday, and we'd like to get there on Saturday to take a tour of Cape Canaveral (my brother works at NASA).

We won't have a car, and I hate to ask people to pick me up at the airport - how does the Disney transportation work if you are not going to a Disney resort?

TIA,

Just curious what people have done when arriving a day early (other than Disney). Our cruise leaves on Sunday, and we'd like to get there on Saturday to take a tour of Cape Canaveral (my brother works at NASA).

We won't have a car, and I hate to ask people to pick me up at the airport - how does the Disney transportation work if you are not going to a Disney resort?

TIA,

Unfortunately Disney transfers are only from MCO airport and Disney Resorts.

If you would like to stay overnight on ther Cape, there are many hotels that are recommended on these boards, among them Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn by Marriott and the Radisson at the Port. All of these hotels have shuttles to and from the port (and will let you keep a car parked at their lot), but they do not have shuttles all the way from MCO.

You would need to either rent a car from the airport, or arrange for private transportation from a limo company.

Here is a link to Shirley's Helpful Thread that willl give you TONS of info on hotels/transfers/activities/restaurants on the Cape.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

This thread is contained in the DIS DCL FAQ stickey at the top of the forum in case you lose the link.

Not sure how much help I will be. I live in FL and obviously don't have to fly to get to Orlando and ultimately Port Canaveral. However, each time before a cruise out of Port Canaveral, I have stayed at a hotel the night before either on Disney property or near the port. The closest one to port I have stayed at is the Country Inns and Suites. It is no more than 5 minutes from the port, if that. Of course, we had our car with us and it sounds like you won't have a car. There are some hotels that do have a shuttle to the port. As stated by the other poster, check out the "Helpful Info" thread that Shirley maintains. She lives and works in the Cocoa area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter