Pre and Post Viva Italia Days available

mwebsite

Mouseketeer
I got a call yesterday from ABD to book my pre and post June 2009 Viva Italia nights. Over $600 for the Rome hotel and over $500 for the Venice hotel. Yikes! She said the rates would not go down, no matter how the Euro compares to the dollar next year, and that Disney negotiated the rates. Disney must not be a very impressive negotiator! The rates looked a bit less on some of the internet sites, but I don't know if breakfast is included (guess I should have asked.) It does get me in the same room, which is worth paying a bit more, I suppose, after all, convenience and ease are one of the main reasons I'm taking the ABD trip. Also she said the trip in early June is now 26% full, which appears to be about the norm. After all the cancellation posts, with the economy, I worry about that too. With my husbands work schedule, finding another week would be quite difficult.

The room in venice we were in had a notice in the closet area regarding rates.

During peak season, it was about $1200 per night.

Just came back last week, and both hotels are 5 star hotels.

I've been on three adventures so far and I haven't even been able to find a travel agent rate better than the AbD rate! We just spent almost $3000 for three rooms before our Bella Italia next June (two nights) and I'm actually okay with it. I may not be when I tell my husband, however... ;)

Dotti

Kiderak is correct. We just got back from Viva Italia and the rooms are topnotch, especially for Europe. Since you are getting to Rome early, try to get one of the five rooms on the 2nd floor that have a terrace. There are only five in the entire hotel and the terrace is wonderful. We just lucked out and had one. There are some nice plants and patio furniture to relax on with a glass of wine. If you check in with eve4ryone else, you get the luck of the draw. We asked about room rates at all the hotels and you are getting a pretty good deal with $500-600 a night. The room rates we were quoted fell into the 500-700 Euro range. You could try on your own first to see if you can find a better deal. Try places like Expedia. Make sure breakfast is included. It is with the hotel in Rome and Venice. The breakfasts are really very good for Europe. In Europe breakfast can mean a hard roll and a piece of cheese. But these hotels have scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, all types of fruit, assorted rolls, etc. And the hotel in Venice had great coffee. After all the expresso we drank on the trip, really good American typed coffee seemed like such a treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter