PPC 2.0 Castaway Cay 5k - GKTW Fundraiser Idea

Yes. Everyone that I have corresponded with regarding this event has stated that it is a self paced event. Run, jog, walk, roll, crawl, moonwalk...whatever you fancy!

Cameras are encouraged by everyone as well. I believe I remember seeing some pretty sweet shots from the one on PCC 1.0.

Yes. That is still the goal. I have a special place in my heart for GKTW and what they can provide.

Count me in too, I can't speak for DH Dino yet, but I'm sure he'll join us as well :thumbsup2 especially since it's not extremely early or an intense "run".

Just got to this thread - so if it's already on here and I've missed it, sorry - has the fundraising aspect been discussed and/or finalized???

Count me in too, I can't speak for DH Dino yet, but I'm sure he'll join us as well :thumbsup2 especially since it's not extremely early or an intense "run".

Just got to this thread - so if it's already on here and I've missed it, sorry - has the fundraising aspect been discussed and/or finalized???

You've been busy....Miss Asterisk, its okay.

Nothing has been finalized as of yet. There are some ideas, but we want to wait until Pete gets back from the Mediterranean and John and Kevin are settled after their trip too.

I think I can get DP to put together a rough draft of a logo this weekend.
P.S. ~ I am open, nay, INVITE criticism.

We don't have to be on Paul's up before the rooster crows schedule.
Thank goodness....Although, we have a scheduled workout planned on the Wonder at 0600! :surfweb: :laughing:

Thank goodness....Although, we have a scheduled workout planned on the Wonder at 0600! :surfweb: :laughing:

That's your foolishness. I'm not gonna ask normal sane Disney fanatics to get up pre-dawn to trek around the island. I want to keep some friends.:goodvibes:goodvibes

That's your foolishness. I'm not gonna ask normal sane Disney fanatics to get up pre-dawn to trek around the island. I want to keep some friends.:goodvibes:goodvibes
Did you just call Paul Foolish. Uh Oh! ;)

Probably not 0600, but we are going to get in a workout at some point. Provided I don't eat so much. The last thing I want to do is pig out and become the ships boat anchor. :upsidedow

What time did we dock at CC?
Don't quote me on this, but I thought it was somewhere around 7:30AM.

Nope. I called you foolish. Paul is a well oiled, fine tuned machine. 0600 is sleeping in for him. After all he is on vacation.
:rotfl:
BEEP...BEEP...BEEP. Ahhhh...The sound of a truck in reverse.

No matter how we see it....A blast is going to be had by all! :wizard:

Hi Renysmom & Todd,

Is the goal still to raise money for GKTW? I hope so.

I'm in and I'm pretty sure my wife is in too.

Mark

Glad you are going to join us in this!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

We are currently throwing around ideas and will have more information in the near future.

I cannot run (and I have a litany about my foot surgeries to prove it) but, thanks to Jason & Shanan of Osinski Tours, I know I can walk a 5K (they made us do 5 MILES last weekend!)

So, I'm IN! :thumbsup2

I cannot run (and I have a litany about my foot surgeries to prove it) but, thanks to Jason & Shanan of Osinski Tours, I know I can walk a 5K (they made us do 5 MILES last weekend!)

So, I'm IN! :thumbsup2
That's awesome Jamie.....The more the merrier. It should be a lot of fun :)

Count me in as well!

I don't think I will be able to run it, but I can definitely walk it!

Ok..ok...so I'm considering this...well walking that is. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to walk? Just curious.

Ok..ok...so I'm considering this...well walking that is. Can anyone tell me how long it would take to walk? Just curious.

That depends on how fast you walk. A slow walk for me takes 20 minutes to do a mile - so 1 hour.

That depends on how fast you walk. A slow walk for me takes 20 minutes to do a mile - so 1 hour.

That's not bad...I'll talk to my girls and see if they would like to walk with me...now, do we get people to sponsor us on our own?

That's not bad...I'll talk to my girls and see if they would like to walk with me...now, do we get people to sponsor us on our own?

We are in the process of working out the details on that, but most likely yes.

My girls seem to like the idea, so I guess we are in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter