• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Potty question re" 1/2s & Minnie

goldcupmom

<font color=black>BL6 Black Team Co-captain<br> <f
Ok guys, as my DD says, I can 'pxx on command'. You know, over 40, 3 kids. So, I was thinking today as I was trying to stay on the TM for an hour, what if I can't make it that long to potty? Is there a quick 'pit stop' area?

TIA

(Stop laughing, it isn't funny :rotfl2: )

There are port-a-potties along the way for the Half and Full Marathons.

At the staging area there is a Port-A-Potty City (who was that said it because it's a perfect description!).

After taking 2 quick visits before leaving the "City" I actually was fine for the entire 13.1 miles. Wanted one at the end and there are some there but actually i had this fear i would get in and wouldn't be able to stand back up let alone get out. I was drinking water well before the trip, the morning, had it on my water belt, drank at every fluid station. Even though it was cold, still was sweating it out. My gloves that I carried to the end were damp from being worn and then held and worn again.

Your worry was my worry too. Our regular Sat & Sun's park runs are 8 miles long and I almost always am wanting a potty half way thru LOL

Can't help with the Minnie but I'm sure they'll have potties before hand :)

Are you doing both? :) The Minnie sounds like a fabulous time and I'm totally green wantinn to be there!!! I can't wait to hear the reports afterwards and am hoping they'll have another in 2007.

There's also the opportunity to use "real" bathrooms in the MK (I did the half, don't know about the full). I am not a fan of portapotties, so I was very glad to use the real deal in the MK. There are several restrooms available - I waited for the large one next to the Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland, absolutely no waiting.

Thanks Pat!!! I'm going to keep those in mind for 2007. I was afraid of the port-a-potty lines and thankfully I wasn't too bad with this year but I've already started to worry about next year. Even though I didn't finish in 2005 I did use the potties in Morraco that year and boy did I waste sometime (probably not enough to have made a difference) but it was a learning experience kinda of year in 2005. what to wear, what to eat (chicken fingers and fries as pre-race dinner probably not the best LOL) and found the desire to learn more, train more and return again :teeth:

Off to our first "walk" after returning. Gonna be hard keeping it at a walk, we want to run!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter