POTS and DAS?

Just because you have a wheel chair dose not mean you have to sit in it all day you can push it and sit when you need too. You can even take it in lines with you so that you can sit and stand when you need too. This way you do not have to worry about sitting all day or have your wheel chair stolen it finding it latter in the day

I don't believe I said that. I actually said I will be using mine for transportation between park areas only. A wheelchair is not the answer to everything. The position that a wheelchair puts my body in can be very detrimental to my health. The added stress of lugging a wheelchair if I didn't need to use one regularly would be an extra burden on my body, A spoon or two if you are familiar with spoon theory, that I would much rather spend on my children. Everyone's situation is different, it is nice to give suggestions but this did not come off that way.

I don't believe I said that. I actually said I will be using mine for transportation between park areas only. A wheelchair is not the answer to everything. The position that a wheelchair puts my body in can be very detrimental to my health. The added stress of lugging a wheelchair if I didn't need to use one regularly would be an extra burden on my body, A spoon or two if you are familiar with spoon theory, that I would much rather spend on my children. Everyone's situation is different, it is nice to give suggestions but this did not come off that way.
I did quote you but there are other people that are reading this and a lot of people do not think you can push a wheel chair there are so many people that hear this and go oh wow why did I not think of this. You do need to do what you need to do for your self ( I spend half my spoons on some day just trying to tell /convince people why somethings will not work for me so yes I do know about the spoon thero )

Op-back to your original post..........

If you find any of the posted suggestions helpful-that's super.

If you explain all your needs to guest services-none of us know what the answer will be.
Only you will discover if you go there.

In my experience I've found most cms there extremely helpful-
Enjoy your trip.

I have POTS and vasovagal, so I definitely feel your pain. Standing and heat make my blood pressure drop super fast. I was extremely worried about it before our first family trip in 2012 as I'm used to blacking out and I can handle it, but I didn't think my very young daughter would be able to see it and handle it while at Walt Disney World. My doctor put me on Metoprolol and I've been on it ever since. It artificially lowers my blood pressure so it doesn't have the drastic drop. It's been wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter