Potentially silly SSR questions

CarnotaurDad

DIS Veteran
Hello and thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

My DW and I have been seriously considering DVC and are pretty excited about the whole concept.

Seeing as how SSR is the newest one opening, we had some questions on it and wanted to see what people's opinions were on some of the same issues.

I hope these questions make sense, if not, I will be glad to elaborate. Most of them center around whether the proximity to DTD and non-Disney areas will give the resort a different "feel" than the other ones.

* Is there any concern that, with it being close to the DTD hotels, that instead of feeling like on-site, it felt more like being in one of the DTD hotels?

* Did anyone have any concern about foot/boat traffic to SSR from DTD visitors?

* Does anyone think that non-SSR guests will try to use the SSR bus transportation to the parks?

Maybe we're stressing over nothing, but when you're looking at a 50 year investment, it's good to cover all the bases.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--- Well, after a lot of research - and a visit to the SSR site - and DTD - DW and I bought into SSR last fall. Here's my take on your questions:

* Is there any concern that, with it being close to the DTD hotels, that instead of feeling like on-site, it felt more like being in one of the DTD hotels?

--- SSR didn't seem very 'hotel-like' to us. With a great view - and paths/boats to - DTD, along with WDW transportation everywhere, I'm sure it will feel Disney-enough for us.

* Did anyone have any concern about foot/boat traffic to SSR from DTD visitors?

--- Hah! We stayed at the Polynesian last fall - due to it's proximity to the MK, TTC and being on the monorail line, there were a lot of non-Polynesian visitors - I'll bet a lot more than will walk/boat to SSR.

* Does anyone think that non-SSR guests will try to use the SSR bus transportation to the parks?

--- I think you'll need to show ID to get into SSR - if you're talking about parking at DTD and walking to SSR to catch a bus, that's a lot of effort to save a few $$$.

Maybe we're stressing over nothing, but when you're looking at a 50 year investment, it's good to cover all the bases.

--- Good to do the research, but I don't think these are going to be big issues. Maybe some DVCers at Epcot resorts can add their comments about a DVC resort near a park.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--- Keep the questions coming!

*Having stayed with Disney and also at a DD hotel, the feeling of being in a Disney resort is all about the customer service, not location.

*I think that in the beginning there might be a bit more traffic from those checking out the new digs, but without a sitdown resturaunt, it probably wont have as much as some of the other resorts.

*The DD busses are still far more accessible to the DD resorts than the SSR stops will be, so I wouldnt worry about that.

Dr. T forgot to give you his speech about how we SSR owners are darn smart, good looking, and people really like us. So go on buy into SSR. You know you want to!

stacy6552 is right - SSR owners are the creme de la creme!

Plus, becoming an owner at SSR will make you thinner, taller, and more attractive to the opposite/appropriate sex! ::yes::

So that how I got taller and thinner....I became a DVC member at SSR just a week ago and already can see the difference...lol

I hope the attractive to opposite sex happens soon...

Lori

Originally posted by Lori-n-NY
I hope the attractive to opposite sex happens soon...
I belive that depends on what building you own ;) .

Plus, becoming an owner at SSR will make you thinner, taller, and more attractive to the opposite/appropriate sex!

This can only be true in my case if the opposite/appropriate sex is attracted to 275 pound guys with thinning hair! :( <sigh>

Think pixie dust might help?

Personally I feel that the location is a problem for many people but not for others. The locations is not appealing to me and it's closeness to DD is a deterent though not it's distance from the parks. For others, the fact it's not near a park will put it much further down their list as well. Most people will buy SSR becasue it's what DVC's currently selling and the fact it has a longer life than the rest of DVC. There will be a minority that want SSR period because of location and/or amenities like the pool. You'll see the same type of approach for usage. Some wills stay there because it's their favorite and/or home resort. Most DVC members will use it much like they would VB or even that many do OKW now, for a change and when nothing else is available. You'll see many staying the obligatory one time then they'll only consider it when they can't get what they want.

As to pool crashing, I think the people on this thread underestimate that problem. Unless DVC truly controls it, you'll see people from the DD hotels, locals, those staying at other off property hotels and even those at regular WDW hotels all crashing. I'd expect it to be a major problem unless DVC cracks down from the START.

Regarding the last question of transportation, I'd say that would be the least of your worries. I'm sure some will try to use the busses but there's not relaly that much reason as the DD hotels and DD itself have busses to the areas in question.

i think ssr wil be what you make of it. yes i am sure there will be potential for non dvc members to crash the pool and use some of the other services if disney does not take the appropriate measures to control it. but as far as getting the feeling that you are staying off site, disney does an excellent job of secluding each resort and that gives you the feeling that you are in another world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!