POtCO "Rocking Our Roos" Pirates Guild

Well you were in jail!

Sssssshhh! You don't have to broadcast it! ;)

At least now that I know there are brownies in there, it's not such a bad place to be after all...

I should max my cannon and my pistol tonight (if I can stay awake). All that will be left is one more level on dagger. (well, except for stinking grenades, but I don't want to talk about that...)

Are any of you "Rocking Our Roos" guild members still playing?

I let my membership expire when they blocked family accounts from playing together at the same time. I'm wondering if there's anything going on that's really worth renewing the membership for.

Also, are any of you using the Roos website. It's not expensive to keep it up but if no one is using it I'll probably let the domain expire.

So Roos, where ya at? pirate:

:cool1:i logged on the other day but since I let my membership expire as well, I can't get to most of my weapons or any of my ships. I see you can top at at 50 instead of 40 and most of the weapons have increased as well.They are supposed to release the Kraken soon too and there are a few new bosses.I will wait to see if they do release the Kraken before I pay to play again.I haven't used the Roo site in a while :( Anyways I guess with the economy sucking like it does I just can't justify paying for it right now.Hope to see you all soon:cool1:

Hi ya'll, I haven't played at all since they did away with the linked accounts. Not that I was playing much before then, as I was maxed out on everything. I really don't anticipate starting up again anytime soon. I've been spending some time in SmallWorlds lately, in light of the Elf Island fiasco. Thankfully, Matty flexes mightily wherever he might be. Hope ya'll are doing well.

I had a free month recently and got back on to play and yes, you can level up even more now. I won't get a new subscription until they open a new story line!!

Matty - I miss you :(

What is the Elf Island fiasco you speak of? Have I missed something?

Miss you too, Cruisey. A complete fiasco, you can get the gist of it here. Not to mention that they let go of a certain staff member, who is very dear to all of us. It was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back for me. So a good number of familiar DISers have been hanging out in SmallWorlds lately.

Greetings KrazyPete, Jeaniegirl, MattyD and Iris,..
Since I had not seen any of the recent facts of the game offered as of yet to your questions...
if you'll allow me,.. I’ll gladly give you all a update.

The advances have been a long time coming and certainly worth the wait.

It appears the Kraken will not be landing in our ocean very soon, perhaps by the first of the coming 2010 year, but instead, it appears attention and focus has been redirected to new advances in the game. Advances that will allow multi interaction on several levels and advanced story lines that are a few instead of one. (referring to the Kraken)

The new game advances have landed on the Test Servers and has shown the Disney has the capability to pioneer in MMO's.
The have delivered (with some wrinkles to iron out) the first 3D (which is optional) MMO in Pirates Online.
The build up has been as a "Coming War" in the Caribbean.
The day it landed (on Test Servers) was truly amazing...

The Event initiates as a declaration that looks like this...
jollyattack.jpg

The event does a countdown also at 10 minutes and then 5 and then 1 minute...
then,...the Ship appeared like the flying Dutchman off the harbor at Port Royal.
A massive Phantom ship and the words of Jolly Roger himself bellowing out like the voice of God.
The event begins with several wave attacks of undead in an attempt to destroy the barricades that block the path to destroy the Governors Mansion. It has options of victory or defeat. Pirates must work together and utilize the newly implemented revive system that is all too necessary to bring your fellow Pirate back to life on the spot in attempts to overcome Jolly's minions of evil doers. At the end,.. jolly roger himself lands to complete what his army could not finish if they are defeated… and he is one powerful foe,.. We had a 20 or more on him and he still managed to overtake us…. On another occasion, we took him down… one bad dude for sure!
There are so many details of this new feature... it will not be a holiday event but a interactive part of the game.

Sensational, unprecedented and genius is all I can say about the ability to, at your choice, play the game in 3D mode. It was simply fantastic.

As also stated,.. the Notoriety cap is raised to 50 along with weapons skills to 30.

GM Captain Walter of the Online Staff "Marceline Guild" was overheard saying this.....
"the War is coming and will be fierce, (as he has openly said before) and the Caribbean ,
I fear will be a vey haunting place this coming Month of October!"

There is so much that has landed and so much more coming.
This bring life to the game like I have never experienced.

Very cool stuff... so glad it is here... my Family and I are having a blast playing...
Yes, I too have incurred the cost of paying for 3 accounts,.. but it is a whole months worth of family
enjoyment and I could easily burn that up at one outing to the movie theatre. (and then some)

Fun stuff... a magical adventure....

Hi pirate clan. I know I went missing in action but have had a miserable time of it this past year health wise. Not out of the woods but am finally following advice and trying a new doctor. I'm afraid I bailed pirates and started playing Wizard 101 and World of Warcraft (always wondered where my beloved computer RPGs went - online, that's where).

Hope things are well with all of you. I miss our scurvy guild too.

Matty and Cruise...... cry cry cry :sad1:

I miss you guys terribly...

I miss you too ye big stinker....

How was your trip to WDW? Our week (right after yours) was incredibly HOT and DH did not really like the heat. We did a LOT of water park days since our tickets had 5 days worth included.

Dining was pretty cool but a heck of a lot of food:thumbsup2

When is your next trip? I am already thinking early winter in 2010 although I know we have to go back in August to take Stephanie down for career start. Looks like 2010 might have several WDW trips:)

Hi pirate clan. I know I went missing in action but have had a miserable time of it this past year health wise. Not out of the woods but am finally following advice and trying a new doctor. I'm afraid I bailed pirates and started playing Wizard 101 and World of Warcraft (always wondered where my beloved computer RPGs went - online, that's where).

Hope things are well with all of you. I miss our scurvy guild too.

Girlie!!! Glad you are doing ok, hope all is well. We must exchange digits, I have been in Indy several times since August!!!

I miss you too ye big stinker....

How was your trip to WDW? Our week (right after yours) was incredibly HOT and DH did not really like the heat. We did a LOT of water park days since our tickets had 5 days worth included.

Dining was pretty cool but a heck of a lot of food:thumbsup2

When is your next trip? I am already thinking early winter in 2010 although I know we have to go back in August to take Stephanie down for career start. Looks like 2010 might have several WDW trips:)

Hiya!! :hug:

We had a FANTASTIC time! So wish we could have met up at least for a day. My mom and sister were there also. Yes, it was HOT, but remember... I love the heat so I was good. We spent most afternoons back at the pool anyways.

Dining... YUM! Absolutely LOVE that dining plan, especially when free. I ate and ate and ate. Only gained 4 lbs. though. I was shocked. Thought I had put much more on.

Early winter sounds perfect for another trip. Do you know where you're staying?

Life has thrown a signficant curveball at me. I doubt I'll be back to WDW for a loooooooooooooong time :sad: Just holding onto hope that *someday* I'll be back! :wizard:

Tell the girls I said hi. Take care!

Ohh Roos !! where are you.... Its been quiet in the Caribbean without all those Roos running about, but has not stopped Jolly Rogers invasions on Port Royal and now rumors they will invade Tortuga soon also. Now to our dismay we got some rather different game host? did i say ghost?:confused3

screenshot_2009-11-19_19-24-53.jpg

Hi gang!

The RockingOurRoos.com domain name expires on the 18th. If anyone wants it let me know. I can renew it, you can PayPal the fee to me and then I'll transfer it to your registrar.

Guild members have dibs. If there's no interest, I'll let it expire.

Hi gang!

The RockingOurRoos.com domain name expires on the 18th. If anyone wants it let me know. I can renew it, you can PayPal the fee to me and then I'll transfer it to your registrar.

It was kind of fun while I had free access but now I don't have the time to play. thanks for the fun. I'm waiting for Star Wars Old Republic to open.

Hi gang!

Sorry to see it go but all good things..............

I have been back playing since the most recent updates and changes, but since none of the Roos were ever on, I have changed guilds to Babes of the Sea! (Jam is also in it so at least she is on).

I must say with the changes it has been pretty fun. I am loving the invasions - was just in one and got knocked down several times but we still won! There are some navy fleet invasions which I haven't had a chance to be in yet, but at least I know they are there. While there is still no new story line, the updates have made it fun enough to get back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!