POtCO "Rocking Our Roos" Pirates Guild

Well... I'm not sure if this is the game for me.

My mission is to sink a Navy ship. I figured I'd be able to do that no problem... I have now sunk twice and landed in jail both times. I've paid to get my ship repaired twice. I'm now down to 33 gold. So what happens when I run out of gold and can't get my ship repaired anymore? Man, I can't even get one hit on a Navy ship. Any tips? I'm afraid to try again because I don't want to run out of gold and have to go back and start all over again.... This is getting VERY frustrating.

If I don't have a ship anymore, can I use someone else's ship to try and pass this quest?

Well... I'm not sure if this is the game for me.

My mission is to sink a Navy ship. I figured I'd be able to do that no problem... I have now sunk twice and landed in jail both times. I've paid to get my ship repaired twice. I'm now down to 33 gold. So what happens when I run out of gold and can't get my ship repaired anymore? Man, I can't even get one hit on a Navy ship. Any tips? I'm afraid to try again because I don't want to run out of gold and have to go back and start all over again.... This is getting VERY frustrating.

If I don't have a ship anymore, can I use someone else's ship to try and pass this quest?

If you need some gold try killing a low leveled navy guard for a few pieces of gold. :)

I would offer to help you tonight but unfortunatly im about to run out for a bit. If you need any help in the future feel free to pm me!

I play too (as does my DH). I'm at level 35, and a Founder (signed up early).

The clothes situation stinks. It seems like they designed the feature after the game was finished. It's bad enough you can only have 4 of each item (i.e. vest, shirt, pants, etc., and I believe most women like to have more than 4 items to choose from lol!) in your inventory at one time, but if you want to change you have to go to the clothes store to do it. It is so inconvenient.

Yoho, yoho!

LOL, it gets easier I promise, and it's way fun. Where are you I'm logging on now.

-Stacey

I'm back in jail :rotfl2: Bad, Pink, bad! :rotfl2:

I signed out - thanks for the help though. I was just getting too frustrated with it. I just don't know how to shoot those ships without them getting me first.

Going back to my "fun pirates" on VMK. What in the world am I going to do without this game? :sad1:

If you ever need me I am willing to help as well, I have a level 36 & a level 20 I just started working on. :goodvibes

Aw bummer I was gonna sail you. I personally hate to sail but once you see it done well by others it gets a bit easier. I'm not saying watching me will help, however I have learned some from others, and you will too. Let me know if you come back. I could use the sailing practice LOL!

btw: I was never good at VMK pirates game haha!

-Stacey

Aw bummer I was gonna sail you. I personally hate to sail but once you see it done well by others it gets a bit easier. I'm not saying watching me will help, however I have learned some from others, and you will too. Let me know if you come back. I could use the sailing practice LOL!

btw: I was never good at VMK pirates game haha!

-Stacey

LOL sailing really is all about strategy. If you want some practice just let me know :)

Well, I think I have the sailing part down... I just cilck an arrow key and off I go. It's the shooting part that I'm not getting. I don't even realize there's an enemy ship nearby until boom, I've been hit... :rotfl:

Let me vouch for Shadow, she is an awesome captain, and great fun to sail with. Without he skills I would not have gotten through the Boss Battle LOL! If she wants to sail you I'd be more than happy on cannon, that's my forte on the ship.

-Stacey

If that is the case pink there could be many problems, maybe you don't have your compass zoomed out all the way. You can hold down the right mose button and change your point of view while sailing. Also use your roller on your mouse to scroll out so you can see more while sailing. Etc etc..

To shoot the ships on your own, sneak up on them from behind, then sail just to the left (or right), put your sails down, shoot, then drop back, then sail to the opposite side, and shoot again, and drop back. Repeat until they sink or you sink lol. You have go from side to side because your broadside cannons have a recharge period (they are your number 1 and 2 keys on the keyboard, which you have to put a skill point on to activate).

Hope that helps, it is fun. But when you are a low level, it is so much easier if you have a higher level partner.

Advice, when you get skill points don't apply them right away. Save them until you understand what you're doing better.

Good luck!

Well, I think I have the sailing part down... I just cilck an arrow key and off I go. It's the shooting part that I'm not getting. I don't even realize there's an enemy ship nearby until boom, I've been hit... :rotfl:

Pink, if you use the right mouse button and move your mouse while sailing you can see everything around you.

I've been playing Pirates since the beta testing, so feel free to send a pm to ask for help. :)

Sorry guys, this is all way over my head. I'm really not following what any of you are saying.

I'm not a gamer. VMK has been the only online game I've ever played.

Thanks for the offer Shadow, I may take you up on that when I move over to the new Guild.

Pink, if you give it up no harm done. However I will tell you that before POTCO all I ever played was VMK and Sims 2. I used to think role playing games were dumb and there is a lot of talk on POTCO forums that I do not understand. I can tell you that it is much easier and a vastly different experience playing with a group. My husband says he will be the highest level pirate that has no idea what he's doing, because he is not a gamer either but he has fun playing with the guild members. Anyway, i would advise you to give it a go with a group before quitting altogether. Shadow and I are in a guild together and everyone is more than happy to help without you actually joining the guild if that is what you would prefer.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

-Stacey

Well..... since people don't seem to talk to me, I can honestly say NO I don't like this game so far!! For crying out loud... the chat log looks like this...

PinkGirlygirl: Hey, can someone help me?
Pinkgirlygirl: I'm trying to change my clothes
PinkGirlygirl: Can someone tell me how?
PinkGirlygirl: Anyone?
PinkGirlygirl: Please?

ARG!

I was just telling Aengus, the ONLY interraction I have had so far with another player is this guy that came up to me when I was pleading for help and tried to stab me with his sword. When that didn't work, he pulled out his gun and proceeded to shoot me. Fortunately, you must not be able to kill other players! :)

But wow, give me a break!! I just want to change my clothes!!!!!!!

Haha! I remember asking people where to get a ship... then i quit.

Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter