POTC refurb??????

peter pan217

"i hope we never lose sight of one thing it was al
do yall know anymore info on maybe refurbing potc on one thread they said that they are refurbing potc to make it follow the movie?????

Does anyone know if this is true???
We are going with our daughter, neice and nephew this November, and the kids can't wait to ride Pirates!!!

This is also one of my favs at the Magic Kingdom.

Please tell me this will be open when we are traveling
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
(us doing the banana dance)

Supposed to be true, but it's only really adding the Jack Sparrow character. I don't think they are redoing the whole ride. According to rumors, it will close sometime in the fall maybe and reopen with the new stuff in 2006 for the movie preview. Nothing seems to be definite though.

My son will be so upset if they do that....it is his favorite ride....one of mine too. We are going in January, I hope they wait....

sunny04 said:
Supposed to be true, but it's only really adding the Jack Sparrow character. I don't think they are redoing the whole ride. According to rumors, it will close sometime in the fall maybe and reopen with the new stuff in 2006 for the movie preview. Nothing seems to be definite though.

That's the same rumor that I've been hearing.

Don't worry--they won't be changing the content of the attraction. I could see them adding Capt. Jack, but the changes won't be any more extensive than that.

After experiencing the newly-reopened It's A Small World, I have to say that I HOPE Disney has POTC and the Haunted Mansion on track for similar rehabs. Yes, the closure will be painful for many, but the results at IASW are just stunning. These other two Disney classics deserve the same treatment.

Noooooo! Say it isn't going to be closed this fall and winter. It is my favourite and my daughter is going for the first time with us in December. I know she would love it.

sunny04 said:

My tour guide for the Keys of the Kingdom tour told us about this. They will be refurbishing it a LITTLE bit to include more of the movie

Perhaps they could refurbish at night while keeping the ride open. I know, a long shot but wouldn't it be nice for those of us who can't fathom a trip to Disney without a few rides on Pirates! pirate:

ya that would be nice but they would have to drain the water where they can clean it up to

I am actually happy that they are adding part of the movie to the ride. It is kinda hard to follow the storyline of the ride. I heard that in Disneyland, the pirates don't celebrate in the end, that they are actually cursed by stealing the treasure. I would like to see them actually stealing the treasure, and seeing it throughout the ride. Also, HM could use a refurb, as does Peter Pan. Another ride that could use some upkeep is Splash Mountain, if those water spouts don't shoot overhead anymore, then have them going along the side of the ride, but it stinks that that part of the ride is inoperative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter