Post Your Wedding Cake

Here's Jamie's and my wedding cake.

DSC00583.jpg

Does Disney give you a price list with the cake powerpoint document?

I have my eye on one but I think it is going to cost to much.

Here is my cake:

MD10436-22-07.jpg

MD08346-22-07.jpg

MD08356-22-07.jpg

MD08406-22-07.jpg

It was the destination castle cake. We added fresh floral, pearl trim and a mongram.

the flavors were:
Anniversary- Almond cake with Bailey's mousse
2nd layer- chocolate cake with rasberry mousse and fress rasberries
bottom- almond cake with amaretto mousse and fresh strawberries (almost everyone's favorite)

Not yet married, but this will be ours:
FallWhiteCake.jpg

The only difference is that the leaves will have a powder dusting to make the leaves more fall-like.
Cake topper (or next to the cake - haven't figured that one out yet):
MickeyandMinnieCar.jpg

cassata (white french vanilla cake with strawberries and vanilla cream filling), and german chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and toffee chips filling.

...but lemon cake with lemon cream mixed with fresh raspberries sounds really good too!

ETA on 1/4/08: The Mickey and Minnie is no longer available on the Lenox website. If someone finds it on EBay or if it magically appears back on the Lenox site, please let me know! Thanks!

This thread is great, we are just deciding what to do for our cake in April.

Not yet married, but this will be ours:
FallWhiteCake.jpg

The only difference is that the leaves will have a powder dusting to make the leaves more fall-like.
Cake topper (or next to the cake - haven't figured that one out yet):
MickeyandMinnieCar.jpg

...and flavors:
cassata (white french vanilla cake with strawberries and vanilla cream filling), and german chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and toffee chips filling.

...but lemon cake with lemon cream mixed with fresh raspberries sounds really good too!

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CAKE TOPPER? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

we really wanted Mickey's Gazebo but it was pretty expensive so we decided to save some money and go with mickey's delight in silver

n502949488_135309_7331.jpg

Everybody LOVED it!

Here's our cake
Cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

The bottom layer was almond/amaretto, the middle layer marble cake with chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, and the top layer is chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse

It was sooooo yummy and we had a TON left over

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CAKE TOPPER? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Lenox from their website. There is also a teacup version, an airplane version and this car one; as well as the traditional Mickey/Minnie Bride and Groom, and a Lady and Tramp over the checkered table (which I LOVE but this one relates to us more).

WOW! All of these cakes are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! How on earth are we supposed to choose?!? Anyone know the price range on cakes? I really don't want to spend a fortune on a cake. Has anyone just done a little cake for the two of you and then did a different dessert for the rest of the guests?

oooooo, what a nice spin on the mad hatter! i'm decorating my cake table like yours, just votives, the cake is enough! it was beautiful, did they let you choose the colors?

Yes, they let you choose the colors. We just told them we wanted it in our wedding colors and a simple, clean Mad Hatter design. I liked the Mad Hatter cakes they had on display but I didn't like all they flowers all over them. Other then telling them what colors and no flowers on it, we really let them have free range on the design of the cake. They even came up with the teacups on top....which was a fun surprise.

You can have them make it anyway you want. Just because they show you pictures of the cakes they make doesn't mean you can't tweak them the way you want. They will work with you and make it personal to you if you want. It really is up to you. I have heard some brides have given Disney pictures of a cake they found and Disney has either made it exactly or came as close to it as possible. They did that with our flowers. I found a picture of a bouquet I liked and they made it exactly they way I wanted with some slight changes because I wanted different flowers then the picture showed. They came out wonderful. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

As for the cake table, I think they did a great job. You are right you don't want your cake to get lost on the table. The flowers on the table are our bouquets, so it was a nice way to use them at the reception. At the end of the night, the girls just picked them up and took them home. The ostrich feathers are the same ones they used in our centerpieces, so it kind of all came together. Disney does a wonderful job.

cake.jpg

I second making this a sticky. I don't know where I kept all my clips of all 'inspiration cakes' but as soon as I post them, I'll put it up! I love all the ideas and can't believe how good they look. I would love for DF to bring me out for a dessert date. . . . . . let's see how good dreams come true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter