Post Your April Change Jar Challenge Totals!!

DiznEeyore

<font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon
OK, I made my last deposit for the month and my total for April is (drumroll, please)...... $67!!! :D

I'm pretty happy with that -- it's my best month so far! It included pocket change, bottle returns, money we got from Meijers for being overcharged on an item (love that Scanner Law!), a few singles here and there, and a couple of Pinecone surveys dh did.

So everybody else share your totals so we can cheer each other on!! :D

OK, I could have done a whole lot better - and will in May!! I cheat and take it to Coinstar (I know, I know.....), so my total was.........$116.44.

I'm going to add coupon money and other stuff to my change jar this month and try to at least double that. We aren't going for our looooong trip until November, so I have a while to save.

We have been saving for about a year, and we leave on Saturday, so we dumped our change on Sunday and we had $786.32 and in the paper money we had $307! So our total is 1093.32! That is our spending money for the trip! The coin thing really works. I cheat a little, I take out the change when it starts getting full, so my DH thinks that we need to pay more attention to saving it! Boy was he shocked!

We rolled ours up and had a total of $85 for the month of April. We are going to try a little better for May. I even made a coffee can into our Disney Fund can. The kids really like that idea and even put into it. My son has an "eye" for finding change on the ground, so he's been putting that in too. Anytime someone says they have any change, I say into the Disney Fund. This is a really cool way to get everyone envolved.

Our Mickey Fund has $219.28 in it for the month of April.WOOHOO.If I keep going like this we should have lots of money for our trip in December ,2003.

WOW! You all did so well...I only have a paltry 29.54 for this month. I think I will try to add other things to the jar (my jar only has the change I get back home with at the end of the day). Bottles have to go back soon and I guess I could add the amount I save from couponing too. Maybe Il'll do better next month ;) .

patsal:

Don't feel bad! My amount only includes what I listed, too -- not our "regular" Disney trip savings that I set aside on paydays. :) Do whatever works for you -- we're just here to cheer you on!

we ended up with $119.50 :D

that includes all change around our house and that we had at the end of the day. we have one of those coinsorters, so wrapping them didn't take long at all! the change we save is going to be our extra "unbudgeted" money to splurge with. :)

I WAS using a coin container to save for Disney but....have joined a team for the local Relay for Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society and will put the money toward that. So for now I will drop out of the challenge, but for a good reason, I think.

I had about $30 in the container for April.

Once the Relay is over in July, I'll be back to Disney saving!!!!

Good luck to all who are saving for their next magical trip!!

Doreen in PA

Mine wasn`t too hot either. We were scraping to pay the bills at the end of this month so we only ended up with $24.00 in the jar,i guess that`s better than nothing!!!

Amanda

We went on our very first WDW trip last week. Very sad to be home, but we are already planning our next trip for March 2003. I budgeted a certain amount for everything, for example $60 for our hotel on the way down. The room was only $38.95 so I had some $$$ left over.

Okay, here are my totals:

$90 in left over cash money.
$20 in Disney dollars (converted back to US funds at the Disney store)
$ 42.88 from the change jar
$21.15 for a return to Sam’s Club
$8 from a travel check for a trip Dh made to the VA

For a total deposit of $ 182.03 in my newly opened savings account (opened in my son’s name to save on monthly fees and earn a higher interest rate.)

We bought a TV/DVD player for the car that cost $349.91. The #$%&@ thing quit working in the way down. I plan on returning it tomorrow. Then I have to decide whether to get another one or put that money in the bank for next months totals!

My total wasn't as great as some others have posted - only $25.50. But, I pay with a credit card (Discover) for most purchases, so I don't use as much cash. The change came from paying highway tolls (if the toll was $0.50, I'll pay with a $1 bill and put the $0.50 change in the jar), change from small purchases (less than $10), etc.

Glad to see that everybody else is having such great luck! :)

We went to WDW this month (just got back a week ago) so all the jar change went with us!
So it looks like we start again for our next trip...I just redecorated my 39-ounce coffee can with Mickey stickers, so I dumped in today's change(5/1) and will start rolling once a month and deposting into "My Mickey Passbook Savings Account"! (I know it's not as much interest as a regular statement account, but the kids really like seeing it grow when we go to the bank with a deposit!)

My next trip is just 179 days away!!!

$0!! :D

I got up to about $3 and then realized that dinner could be bought with it and I looted it faster than an Enron executive. Oh well, I'm a college student! :p

I didn't do a good job in April. My total was only $13.86:( I think I need to to hide the jar, those coins are just to tempting. Hope May's total is better.

Well since I had just taken in our change on the middle of the month when I saw this thread (put that money towards our Disney cruise after our Christmas visit!) I started about halfway through the month. I just counted quarters of it today and had $22... not counting other change.. so not bad for a couple weeks!<G>

Nancy

I just want to say something about my total.Up here in Canada we have 1 and 2 dollar coins.So at the end of the day it is possible to deposit quite a few dollars at a time into a change jar.I did not count any bills that i had in my jar just my change.Just wanted people to know.

Wow everybody is doing great, I'm amazed at some of your totals! I had $50.00 this month in change and some can returns. I say no matter how much you had it feels great knowing that every little bit helps.

OK, no way near u guys but

Mine was a March/April total since I last dumped it at the end of Feb :D

I started with $11.48 from Feb
Rolled $53.00 (only count rolled coins in my total)
Threw $4.50 back in

(I also have 3 $5 pinecone checks and the change I have from December & March to start the disney account). Started throwing singles in so hopefully will have better totals since the jar now has a specific purpose.

Great Job Everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter