Post Workout Freshen Up?

bgenew1

Mouseketeer
I have been working out on my lunch hour and need some good suggestions on how to freshen up before returning back to work? No time for a shower.

I am using wet wipes to wipe off and reapplying deodarant but now that the weather is warmer, I came back feeling icky today.

Please help!

When I worked in Florida I had two physical offices I was responsible for that were about 3 miles apart. Instead of driving between the offices I Rollerbladed. Now, my work attire consisted of shorts and a t-shirt because our only dress code was "don't show up too naked" but it was Florida and hot for much of the year so here is what I did:

I changed into moisture wicking clothing when I headed out which helps get the sweat off the skin. When I got back to the office after heading out and back I would wash my face and hair in the sink, towel off and reapply some deodorant and cologne, and get back into my regular shorts and shirt. I would head into the 55 degree server room for 10 minutes or so and work out of there to cool down, and then I headed back to my desk.

The big things for me were
1) completely change clothes
2) towel off the sweat and dry off
3) deodorant and cologne
4) I would rinse my face and hair in a sink (I'm a guy)

Server rooms are def awesome for drying off tho. All that cold dry air.

First of all, I don't work out hard enough during the workday to get overly "icky". I just can't stand the feeling. Plus I am lucky to get 30 minutes during the day... no extra time to freshen up much. I only walk on my break and I try to slow myself down if I am building up a big sweat.

I don't wear much make-up, so no biggie there. I use wet wipes on my neck and cleavage and the back of my neck (where I sweat the most) and Oil of Olay or Ponds facial wipes on my face/throat. I quickly reapply my face powder and a bit of concealer if needed. Pull a brush through my hair and I consider it done. (I have long hair and always put it up in a ponytail before walking... helps with the sweating.)

I change my shoes/socks when I walk at work and sometimes my shirt (I change into a t-shirt), but that is it. Sorry I can't be more help.........P

As far as products, I like Dove Go Fresh Body Mist. I've also heard a lot of people swear by the dry aerisol shampoos. They supposedly sop up moisture around your scalp line. I haven't tried that myself, but as the weather gets warmer I might just look for some.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies and I agree guys have it alot easier!

Here is what I tried today - wet wipes, towel dry and then I applied baby powder with cornstarch. Seemed to work pretty well. I also bought some of the oil absorbing sheets for my face which I also used around the back of my hair line and in the part of my hair.

Good luck to all of us who try to squeeze it in when we can!

Body mists are great. If you can, keep one in the fridge at work (hide in your lunch bag). It will make you feel a lot cooler and is very refreshing.

I have my own office at work and can close the door during lunch so I've been thinking of popping in a Walk Away the Pounds DVD into my computer and exercising in my air conditioned office. I do work up a sweat with those DVDs but not as bad as being out in the hot Florida weather.

I think that baby wipes, fresh deodorant and all new clothes are great suggestions - I would also add, if this isn't too weird, perhaps spraying your fresh undergarments with a deodorant like FDS before you pack them for the day as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter