Post Run Shoes

Mollie Roque

Earning My Ears
Hi!
Looking for recommendations for shoes to wear around the parks after the 1/2 marathon. Definitely want to go play afterwards (Not running the full), but I know I'll probably want something super comfortable. After previous runs I've done adiddas sandals, but looking for something longer lasting. I've heard Oofos are nice, but wondering about what people with experience have to say.

Oofos. Definitely Oofos. And, I wear them to the parks all the time (local) with no problems. These days I'm in either my running shoes or my Oofos. I have the weirdest tan lines. :)

I normally have a second pair of my same style of running shoes for walking around. Good luck and have fun this weekend!

Oofos. Definitely Oofos. And, I wear them to the parks all the time (local) with no problems. These days I'm in either my running shoes or my Oofos. I have the weirdest tan lines. :)
I was in marching band fo 6 years. I know all about weird tan lines! haha! I've been leaning toward Oofos. I'm coming from running in 25 degree weather so I am excited for some warmth and sun!

Definitely try out the Oofos before you buy them. They are a love them or hate them item. You'll find tons of people who swear by them and a similar number who can't stand them. Personally, I find the arches in them to be very uncomfortable. I feel like I'm walking on a seesaw. The Hoka Ora recovery slides/sandals work better for me. I only wear them around the house, though. For park wear I generally have a pair of retired running shoes for walking around.

I always just wear my regular shoes....Teva sandals if it was warm enough or Merrel slides if colder. As long as you have something giving you decent support, I think you’ll be fine.

Definitely try out the Oofos before you buy them. They are a love them or hate them item. You'll find tons of people who swear by them and a similar number who can't stand them. Personally, I find the arches in them to be very uncomfortable. I feel like I'm walking on a seesaw. The Hoka Ora recovery slides/sandals work better for me. I only wear them around the house, though. For park wear I generally have a pair of retired running shoes for walking around.

True. My friend had flat arches and doesn't like the Oofos. She loves Olukai shoes. I have a pair of Olukai sandals and they are very comfortable. But, after running and/or on my feet for a long time Oofos are my best friend. :)

It's likely they'll have Oofos at the expo!

I didn't see them on the vendor list. :worried: They have offered discounts at the expo in the past.

I didn't see them on the vendor list. :worried: They have offered discounts at the expo in the past.

Check for them at the big Fit2Run booth. I think they carry them and may bring them to the Expo, even if Oofos is not there as a standalone vendor.

DH swears by his Brooks. When he did the Dopey a few years back, he used two different pair. He's been a tester for Brooks for several years, so he has lots of pairs. But his love for Brooks running shoes is over 30 years strong.

True. My friend had flat arches and doesn't like the Oofos. She loves Olukai shoes. I have a pair of Olukai sandals and they are very comfortable. But, after running and/or on my feet for a long time Oofos are my best friend. :)

Fit2Run has lots and lots of oofos at the expo.

I bought a pair at if oofos at the expo. I tried them on, I thought they felt great. Will see how they feel after the marathon. I forgot my tevas at home.

DH swears by his Brooks. When he did the Dopey a few years back, he used two different pair. He's been a tester for Brooks for several years, so he has lots of pairs. But his love for Brooks running shoes is over 30 years strong.

I'm a big fan of Brooks as well. I use the Brooks Adrenaline as my running shoe, but use my older pair for my day to day shoes. They hold up very well and for me are very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter