Post room assignments for HRH

you need to call the hotel direct to get the room numbers of obstructed views.

i had some room numbers from years back but the list has increased.

more of the trees have grown and now new room numbers are on the list.

We were at HRH from 12/14-12/17 in room 7130. It was a nice king room with a great view of the pool...the glowing guitar...UO and even a bit of IOA.

Nice room but, for me, way too far from the elevator...just about to the end of the hall...the 2nd hall. As in, you get off the elevator by the club lounge and go down the hall to your right, then you come to another circle and take the hall to your right.

i have stayed in room 7100, king suite and the view is just as good as 7130 but much closer to the elevator.
when you get off the elevator, make a right.
end of that corridor will be room 7100 on the right side.

OK after sifting through all of this info...I believe I want to request room 7019 for our stay Jan 16 - 19. Can anyone tell me how far from the lounge the room is? Elevators? My first choice would be to be as close to the lounge as possible but I'd really like to get a deluxe room. When I check in, if 7019 is not available, what room should I request to be close to the lounge? The view is really not that important to us.

Thanks for your help!

JenS :banana: 1 week to go!! :banana:

its not bad for getting to the lounge from that room

you looking for a queen deluxe?

not many on club floor.
i only had queen deluxe twice there on 7th

My reservation was screwed up when we checked in so we stayed night 1 in the deluxe and nights 2&3 club level.

I have to say the deluxe was better. It was 2 queens and a sleep sofa and the room was huge! I don't remember the room # but it was pool view, about 6 rooms from the exit door to the pool and the wing of the hotel where you take the path to Universal. Quick, easy access and it was quiet with no noise at all. I would stay in this location again in a heartbeat.

We had room 7057 on club level. Room was much smaller, elevator was right around the corner to the right and club room was right around the corner to the left. The view looked out to the front parking area but it wasn't bad at all. However, we encountered nothing but constant noise and rude people on club level.

This has thrown me. We've only ever stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and we always get a Club Level room there because we're not big eaters and - honestly - we find that we can make breakfast and dinner out of the Club Lounge buffet offerings at WL just about every day. We even pocket a few yogurts and apples for lunch on the go once in a while! :) So I was leaning toward the Club Rooms at HRH, imagining that, like at the Lodge, we'd all hit the Lounge at 5pm, the kids would play Legos, watch TV, and we'd sip our wine and decide what to do with the evening. :hug: Also I'd pop over to the Lounge with the kids for breakfast and coffee so DH could sleep in. Anyway... everybody is panning the Club Rooms at HRH, so I'm leaning toward Deluxe now, but I'm disappointed. Does anyone have more information regarding "Club 7" and the Lounge experience there? Thanks!

This has thrown me. We've only ever stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and we always get a Club Level room there because we're not big eaters and - honestly - we find that we can make breakfast and dinner out of the Club Lounge buffet offerings at WL just about every day. We even pocket a few yogurts and apples for lunch on the go once in a while! :) So I was leaning toward the Club Rooms at HRH, imagining that, like at the Lodge, we'd all hit the Lounge at 5pm, the kids would play Legos, watch TV, and we'd sip our wine and decide what to do with the evening. :hug: Also I'd pop over to the Lounge with the kids for breakfast and coffee so DH could sleep in. Anyway... everybody is panning the Club Rooms at HRH, so I'm leaning toward Deluxe now, but I'm disappointed. Does anyone have more information regarding "Club 7" and the Lounge experience there? Thanks!

We are getting ready to stay Club 7 again in about 59 days :woohoo: at the HRH

yes, we make breakfast and dinner out of the offerings as well (also there is water, soda, coffee, tea, etc all day) :woohoo: Some snack foods out in the afternoon and around "bedtime" there is the sweet treat.

You CANNOT reserve a deluxe on the club level - but you CAN request one. Just call and have it added to your ressie.....we had one in April of 2007 and they will try to get it if you ask for it.....good luck and if you want pics, look at my trip report in my signature :thumbsup2

OK after sifting through all of this info...I believe I want to request room 7019 for our stay Jan 16 - 19. Can anyone tell me how far from the lounge the room is? Elevators? My first choice would be to be as close to the lounge as possible but I'd really like to get a deluxe room. When I check in, if 7019 is not available, what room should I request to be close to the lounge? The view is really not that important to us.

Thanks for your help!

JenS :banana: 1 week to go!! :banana:

we had 7019 - did you get that one or another one??

We just left room 7062 and had amazing views of the Pool and the parks . we were right near the elevators and club 7 . Great room if you can get it .:thumbsup2

I'm really late with pictures, but this is room 7109 Club King (at least it was at that time). All of these photos were taken from the room window.

assortedpictures001.jpg

assortedpictures002.jpg

assortedpictures003.jpg

assortedpictures004.jpg

assortedpictures005.jpg

assortedpictures006.jpg

Here, you can see the boat dock on the right.
assortedpictures007.jpg

assortedpictures008.jpg

assortedpictures009.jpg

Okay...in Dec 07 we stayed in room 7130...a beautiful room with a beautiful view. The only problem with it was the distance from the elevator and club lounge. It's noted in my Loews profile that I prefer to be close to the elevators. I also had it noted on my ressie last time...due to a knee injury. Obviously, it didn't do much good to have that noted. I also had been emailing back & forth with an Administrative Assistant to Carlton Hudson who guaranteed me a king club deluxe.

Her exact words were: "Okay, I have you blocked for a Club King Deluxe @ $279.00. This is a NON-smoking room, for there are no smoking Club King Deluxe rooms to begin with. If there is anything else I can do to take care of you please let me know. I do apologize for the delay replies, it has been crazy busy here due to Easter, Passover, Spring Break and etc."

This is NOT what we got, but I didn't fuss and accepted the room they gave us. In retrospect, I wish I had said something, but that's my own fault.

Anyhooo... I really do want to be in a room closer to the elevators. Not concerned with the deluxe this time, just less of a walk, lol.

1. Any suggestions on a club king room that will fit the bill? I'd still like the pool view, it was awesome.

2. What's the best way to get it? Call back and have a specific number listed as a request to the ressie? Fax my request a few days before we go? Both? I still have all of the contact info for the assistant, but not sure if "bothering" her again is the way to go...

P.S. I know these questions get asked all the time. It's just that I didn't have such good luck with the requests last time...

i have some favorite rooms on club floor at hrh.

for the king suite, i loved the view for room 7100.
it faces the pool and the park.

when you exit the elevator, turn to the right. last door on the turn to next corridor wing.

the king suite has more room than the deluxe. has the sleeper sofa, 3 upholstered chairs, end tables, lamps, dressers, 2 tv's, 3 phones, dr w/ 6 or 8 chairs.

i have had the queen deluxe on club and there are 4 of them.
2 with great view, 2 with ok view in my opinion.

i know you asked for a king deluxe
i'll have to check my notes for them. i believe there are 4 of them on club level.

the suite has more room than the deluxe does.

laurie,
we talked last year when you needed help.

i didn't know until now that your requests were not honored.
i feel really bad about that.

anytime you have a guarantee request in and it is not honored, have the tm at the front desk call a supervisor up. let them know you have a special situation that was discussed privately before with an employee. they should correct it immediately. if you have a confirming email from them, show that letter to the sup for clarification.

sometimes they have new tm's checking people in and they make mistakes.
or there could have been a computer glitch when the rooms were assigned.

get it fixed then so you won't be having issues during your stay.

if i remember correctly you had a mobility problem and needed to be near the elevator. you poor thing.....some of those hallways at hrh, rph and pbh must be a million miles long....or it seems like it to me after a day in the park.

to answer your question: there are room assigners for the hotel.
they usually assign your room 3 days out from date of arrival.
why don't you call directly to the hotel and ask that your files state you need a room near the elevator because you have a medical problem and limited mobility. call with that request about 6 days out from your trip so it will be flagged when the room assigner sets up the rooms for incoming guests.

it is easier to assign your room right away than to have to reassign other guests to another room after the fact.

i wish you luck.
i would call and not fax.
sometimes faxes don't get to the correct person in the time period you intended it to.

came back to add that sometimes the faxes you send go to the business center first and then to the hotel. that could delay your info to them.

Hey Mac-

Thanks for ALL your repies. I have taken your advice and made changes ;)

Please don't feel badly that my request was not honored. You have no control over that. As I said, I just let it go at check in. I'm a big girl...I could have said something or handed over the emails from the Admin Assis, but I didn't. Honestly, we had a great stay. We are hooked on Club. Things were great. So I had to walk a bit more. Not the end of the world. Some might have gotten their knickers in a twist and let it set the tone of their vacay. Not me. We were thrilled to be there and enjoyed every minute of our stay. So PLEASE, do not feel badly. Thanks to you and others on the boards, we had a great stay...regardless of what room type we got.

Oh, yes, you were right about mobility. Knee injury. I tore my MCL and that was quite a painful experience. It is getting better now, but acts up the more I am on my feet and walking.

I am going to take your advice and contact the hotel again. I will mention our "problem" (not that it truly was) from our last stay and let them know that I am concerned it might happen again. I will ask to have things noted on the ressie. This time I will not hesitate to show emails etc at check in.

The king suite sounds lovely. I take it that it is different than a king deluxe on club? I am not sure if I could convince Dh to spend more than we already are for a room...assuming that the suites are more $$$. Right now, with no discounts, our rate is $464/night. My fingers are crossed that that will change with AAA or AP.

Thanks for all your help and advice, Mac... you are an ambassador of kindness here on the dark side...spreading mummy dust every where you go!

We have booked a Garden View Room this year hoping for an upgrade to a pool view. Last year we stayed in room 6092 and it was FABULOUS!!!! Here are some photos from the view in room 6092. I am going to BEG for that room again.

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter