Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm on a 2 hour wait with Southwest to cancel one person an a reservation with two people on it. Needs to happen today for the refund. Does anyone have info on alternate ways to contact them?

I'm on a 2 hour wait with Southwest to cancel one person an a reservation with two people on it. Needs to happen today for the refund. Does anyone have info on alternate ways to contact them?

I have had luck getting my flights changes thru FB messenger! They're really responsive and get it done!

edited to add: I've also heard you can reach out through Twitter but I dont know how that works... :confused3

Good luck!

I had a typo and was able to get help through the chat feature on their app.

You would have to keep track of their account sign ins & passwords.

I keep a folder for current booked trips/flights/cars as well as a general travel folder for exactly what you stated above. I have everyone's RR#, TSA KTN, etc so when I book flights, I just go to that folder for the info I need. It is a lot to keep track of, but I'm the one who books everything so it's nice to have all that stuff handy and not have to call or text to get that info when I see great fares and need to book asap. It used to be just me, DH and our 2 boys.....but now I have both boys girlfriends, my cousin and her daughter (we've done girls trips :goodvibes) and my 9yo niece's info. I'd lose my mind if I didn't have that folder :rotfl: :rotfl:.

They solved this issue over Twitter for me very fast when I needed it done. They were able to split the confirmation into two reservations and I canceled the other person's flight manually. Took 8 minutes from my initial tweet to the DM confirmation.

Last edited:

I usually reach out via Twitter, so there's at least a paper trail that I contacted them by a certain time. I'd mention in the message that you called at X time but were put on a 2 hour hold.

I keep a folder for current booked trips/flights/cars as well as a general travel folder for exactly what you stated above. I have everyone's RR#, TSA KTN, etc so when I book flights, I just go to that folder for the info I need. It is a lot to keep track of, but I'm the one who books everything so it's nice to have all that stuff handy and not have to call or text to get that info when I see great fares and need to book asap. It used to be just me, DH and our 2 boys.....but now I have both boys girlfriends, my cousin and her daughter (we've done girls trips :goodvibes) and my 9yo niece's info. I'd lose my mind if I didn't have that folder :rotfl: :rotfl:.

I have a little 3 ring binder next to our desktop with that stuff plus sign ins & passwords for all the sites I need them for. Everything from online shopping, fan sites, sports ticketing, work required licensing to credit cards & banking. I’m old. There’s no way I can remember all that stuff, lol. And no, I’m not worried about anybody finding them. It’s just DH & me. We rarely have company outside of immediate family. We live in a very quiet suburban subdivision with almost no residential crime. Our desktop is in an out of the way site. I figure if anybody goes thru the trouble to single my house out & actually finds that binder, more power to ’em. :rotfl2:

I have a little 3 ring binder next to our desktop with that stuff plus sign ins & passwords for all the sites I need them for. Everything from online shopping, fan sites, sports ticketing, work required licensing to credit cards & banking. I’m old. There’s no way I can remember all that stuff, lol. And no, I’m not worried about anybody finding them. It’s just DH & me. We rarely have company outside of immediate family. We live in a very quiet suburban subdivision with almost no residential crime. Our desktop is in an out of the way site. I figure if anybody goes thru the trouble to single my house out & actually finds that binder, more power to ’em. :rotfl2:

In addition to my travel folders, I have a typed sheet with any/all sites we use along with sign ins/passwords. I've told my DH and boys where to find it should they need something and I'm not readily available, although sometimes I still gets texts or phone calls asking me what such and such login is :rolleyes1. I'm right there with you on having all that info in one place........no way I'd remember all of that either :rotfl:.

Why would anyone buy reward points at their asking price seems like it would be cheaper to just pay for ticket?

Got my flight down booked for January. More points than I had hoped and not the best flight time, but I'm happy. Now have to wait for the next release to get my return flight. Hoping to get enough points in the meantime to fly back "free" too!

Regarding the 50x promo tomorrow, between DH and I we have 4 Southwest cards. Since we don’t have any plans coming up that would use SW flights, I was planning on just buying four $100 gift cards to maximize the offer.
Can anyone suggest a better way to take advantage of this promo that I may not be seeing?

Regarding the 50x promo tomorrow, between DH and I we have 4 Southwest cards. Since we don’t have any plans coming up that would use SW flights, I was planning on just buying four $100 gift cards to maximize the offer.
Can anyone suggest a better way to take advantage of this promo that I may not be seeing?
The site says Rapid Rewards Points Center . Is that buying points??

I was going to do the same thing. DH, myself and one of our sons all have the cc, so I was going to buy three $100 gift cards. When you click on the promo it takes you to a page to purchase a flight with no other purchase options. I'm not seeing any other links connected to the promo for purchasing gift cards, so I'm thinking as long as you purchase gift cards on the SWA site you're good to receive the extra points?

Last edited:
I booked flights yesterday but waited til today to add EBCI so I could get the extra points. When I try to do so, it says
Ineligible for EarlyBird Check-In®
  • Thank you for your interest in EarlyBird Check-In®. The passengers and flights associated with this itinerary do not qualify for EarlyBird Check-In® purchase at this time. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for assistance.
Of course, I am not going to try to call, but it is extremely irritating.

Has anyone been able to buy anything other than flights?

I booked flights yesterday but waited til today to add EBCI so I could get the extra points. When I try to do so, it says
Ineligible for EarlyBird Check-In®
  • Thank you for your interest in EarlyBird Check-In®. The passengers and flights associated with this itinerary do not qualify for EarlyBird Check-In® purchase at this time. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for assistance.
Of course, I am not going to try to call, but it is extremely irritating.

Has anyone been able to buy anything other than flights?

I bought EBCI this morning for extra points, but it was on flights I booked months ago...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter