Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Our Labor Day weekend flight just got changed as well. It just moved back about 2 hours, but it’s still nonstop. The flight home stayed same, for now! Good thing I’ve been following this thread.

Our Labor Day weekend flight just got changed as well. It just moved back about 2 hours, but it’s still nonstop. The flight home stayed same, for now! Good thing I’ve been following this thread.
My flights have the red banner, but they look the same to me. Does that mean they will be changing them?

I'm 100% confused. I checked my flights for 9/6-10 and I see the red change banner. However, the flights haven't changed at all from what I booked. What does this mean?

I'm 100% confused. I checked my flights for 9/6-10 and I see the red change banner. However, the flights haven't changed at all from what I booked. What does this mean?

The red banner gives you the option to change your flights if you want to. If not, just keep your flights the same.

For those of you that got the red banner, can you change your flight to a different day, or does it need to be the same day?

ETA - I'm thinking of booking an early morning flight that's super cheap, but I want to switch it to a mid-day flight a day earlier that is pretty expensive at the moment. Am I crazy to book a flight thinking that I'll get the red banner to switch it?

Responding to myself, lol.

I literally booked the cheaper flight a few minutes after posting this and I already received the red banner and was able to change my flight to the more desirable time. :yay:

And now the fun begins! I just got the change email and our flight to Orlando changed from a non-stop to a one-stop at BWI. Ugh! They took away 2 of the 3 non-stop flights for that route and added about two hours on to our flight time. But the only non-stop flight left is a mid-afternoon versus arriving mid-morning so I suppose we will probably keep it.

So far our non-stop flight home is still there, but I have a change banner with that flight as well so that's probably going to be history too.

Okay...what's wrong with this picture? :)
(I have purposely blocked out the arrival airport, so that's not it)

This was for a nonstop flight from MCO.

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 11.07.00 PM.png

Got an email this morning saying our August flight (PVD-MCO) has changed. Not too bad, 4 hours later but still direct.
Same here!

Oh my goodness. Southwest flights just went from $125 to $444 for the end of August for ORF to MCO and back. I have 3 of the 4 I needed. My husband has decided to come now and whoa this is insane. We have another group traveling with us that hasn't bought any tickets so I guess they'll be driving now. Does anyone know what happened?

My understanding is when they do major schedule changes, they remove the wanna get away prices for a bit. This reduces new people booking to give time to those affected a chance to make changes if they don't like the flight they were changed to. I recall this happening last year once the pandemic hit and they made wholesale changes to schedules.

Same here!

My understanding is when they do major schedule changes, they remove the wanna get away prices for a bit. This reduces new people booking to give time to those affected a chance to make changes if they don't like the flight they were changed to. I recall this happening last year once the pandemic hit and they made wholesale changes to schedules.
Good to know! Thank you!

We just got the email for a change as well. Mid/end of August both ways changed but still non-stop. Our fight home moved 1.5 hours later. I also noticed they removed some N/S routes. MCO-PVD now only has 2 non-stops 7am or 7:55pm

Has anyone who received the email for the A-List promo offer for flights through June 30, who had booked their flights before registering for the A-List offer, flown yet? Did you have to check in at 24 hours and were you in fact A-List? The wording on the promo made it sound as if A-List only applied to flights booked after registering for the promo, but I was told by a Southwest rep that as long as A-List shows on your account, that you are A-List for your flight. Do I just assume I'm A-List since it shows on my account, or should I check in at 24 hours anyway?

I just got an email with with this promo today. My flights are before 6/30, but of course I booked long ago. I went ahead and registered. I just looked in my account it says I'm A-List. I think you have to check in to get your boarding pass, but the way I'm reading it is that it automatically checks you in at 36 hours like early bird.

It probably means it is going to be changed. Mine was like that and today both flights had been changed but were the same when I first looked at it last night.

It probably means it is going to be changed. Mine was like that and today both flights had been changed but were the same when I first looked at it last night.
I have the red banner on my Southwest account and I don't even have any flights booked! We flew last month and my flights changed once yet the red banner stayed the entire time on my account.

I have the red banner on my Southwest account and I don't even have any flights booked! We flew last month and my flights changed once yet the red banner stayed the entire time on my account.
I received a message from Southwest that it was time to check in for a flight that was cancelled days ago.

Both our late Aug and early Sep flights changed. Not thrilled so changed to best current option but am also sure this is just the first of many changes so just sitting back watching for now. popcorn::

Last edited:
Both out late Aug and early Sep flights changed. Not thrilled so changed to best current option but am also sure this is just the first of many changes so just sitting back watching for now. popcorn::
It is bad enough to have both flights changed for a planned trip, but to have them change more than that is frustrating 😞

Both out late Aug and early Sep flights changed. Not thrilled so changed to best current option but am also sure this is just the first of many changes so just sitting back watching for now. popcorn::
My flights were changed too. We can expect more changes??? How often do we need to look?

My flights were changed too. We can expect more changes??? How often do we need to look?

I check daily. I have had several flight changes for a trip since covid. All of my flights have changed at least once. Waiting to see if our early September trip return flight changes. Our outgoing one has. I really hope it doesn’t change or does by less than an hour

Seems like a lot of us flying out of MHT to MCO have had our nice direct flight changed to a layover somewhere! I've had to do a lot of juggling to get new direct flights out of MHT for my quick solo trip to Disney for July 3 - 7th! New Flights now have me leaving MHT at 5:35am.....I'm 1.5 hrs away so guess I'm leaving my house now at 2:45am. My return day I had a nice late afternoon departure so I could go to the parks in the morning....now my flight takes off at 9:30am. A bit bummed to loose that morning at the parks. Hopefully they won't change my flights again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter