Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I was just looking at the SW website for offers and I noticed they have 25% off purchasing points. Minimum 5,000 points. For example 20,000 points you save $135, cost is $413. I am traveling April vacation from MA and two years ago the fares were horrendous so this might help a little.

I was just looking at the SW website for offers and I noticed they have 25% off purchasing points. Minimum 5,000 points. For example 20,000 points you save $135, cost is $413. I am traveling April vacation from MA and two years ago the fares were horrendous so this might help a little.

I generally find that purchasing miles is never a good deal. There are circumstances where it may make sense, but I believe the value of SW pts are roughly 1.6 cents each, so 20,000 pts would buy you about $320 of airfare (give or take). So even with the special, it would cost you about $413 to buy $320 worth of points.

I generally find that purchasing miles is never a good deal. There are circumstances where it may make sense, but I believe the value of SW pts are roughly 1.6 cents each, so 20,000 pts would buy you about $320 of airfare (give or take). So even with the special, it would cost you about $413 to buy $320 worth of points.
My bad, sorry you are correct. I guess it only makes sense if you need to top off your points to fully redeem a flight and at that point is not that much of a savings. Thanks,

I can't get thru to SW today. Apparently they cancelled and delayed tons of flights. Maybe ya'll can help me...

I was a dummy and for once booked round trip instead of one ways because it was a last minute trip and i didn't think i'd make any changes. sigh. wrong.

So our outbound tomorrow is sold out. I want to change my return to a couple hours later. Problem is my CP person needs to be cancelled, my ticket changed, and CP rebooked. Well, that cancels her ticket on our sold out outbound flight tomorrow. Can the phone reps possibly get around this if I can ever get ahold of them or should I forget it and stick with the 3:45am DME pickup I am facing on Monday morning.

ETA: Could I just wait until after our flight tomorrow am and then make the change to our return? That way I am past the sold out portion of the flight. Or will I not be able to make a change at that point since I would have already traveled one leg?

I have a question about printing boarding passes. I purchased Early Bird boarding so I understand that means you don't have to be online to print boarding passes 24 hours before your flight. Our flight leaves at 9:30 a.m. Since I have the early bird, does this mean I can print my boarding passes at any time the day before we leave and this won't affect which the boarding zone we are assigned?

I have a question about printing boarding passes. I purchased Early Bird boarding so I understand that means you don't have to be online to print boarding passes 24 hours before your flight. Our flight leaves at 9:30 a.m. Since I have the early bird, does this mean I can print my boarding passes at any time the day before we leave and this won't affect which the boarding zone we are assigned?
If you purchased EBCI, the time you print your boarding pass has no bearing on your boarding number. You can print your boarding pass off at any time.

If you purchased EBCI, the time you print your boarding pass has no bearing on your boarding number. You can print your boarding pass off at any time.

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to be sure I understood!

We missed opening day for Southwest flights we are going December 7th Thru the 16th I wonder if anyone would know about when the prices would drop again or when is it typically best to buy tickets late like 2 months out

Our trip dates are similar (12/8 - 12/15) and I haven't been able to book our flight home yet due to the high prices. (I did luck out and get our arriving flight for $90 at one point during my constant checking.) I've been checking the 15th and 16th every day since the flights were released (I didn't get a chance to look until opening night actually) and haven't seen them go lower than $173 for MCO to PHL. I'm starting to get discouraged and wonder if I should book another airline. I keep thinking surely the prices have to drop at some point...I'm not sure how much longer to hold out! I could get Frontier for $85, but they don't participate in Resort Airline check-in and we'd have to pay all the baggage fees.

Hi yall- looking for advice on airline tix. SW is having a sale, and I so far have enough points for one way, but not the round trip. I am thinking about getting the one-way there now, then building up more points and hoping for another sale to buy the trip home. I should be able to build enough points with bonuses coming soon, but if not I'll buy the balance. Good idea, or should I wait and buy round trip? Thanks-

Hi yall- looking for advice on airline tix. SW is having a sale, and I so far have enough points for one way, but not the round trip. I am thinking about getting the one-way there now, then building up more points and hoping for another sale to buy the trip home. I should be able to build enough points with bonuses coming soon, but if not I'll buy the balance. Good idea, or should I wait and buy round trip? Thanks-
There is no advantage to purchasing a roundtrip flight with SW rather than 2 one-ways. (In fact, for various reasons, many people argue that 2 one-ways are better than a RT).

I'd purchase your one leg now and then do the other once your points come in. If the fare decreases, you can always get the point difference back, so you have nothing to lose.

Hi
I am due to get a companion pass soon (waiting for points to transfer to RR acct) I've been watching SW flights for our Jan trip but waiting to book so I can use the companion pass. WELL..... the 4:15pm flight we wanted to take home SOLD OUT overnight last night. Grrrrr.

QUESTION: if flights on a given day start selling out months before does SW ever add more flights?

Also... if I book now.... before my companion pass is granted me... is there a way to then use my companion pass for this trip once it shows in my acct?

Hi
I am due to get a companion pass soon (waiting for points to transfer to RR acct) I've been watching SW flights for our Jan trip but waiting to book so I can use the companion pass. WELL..... the 4:15pm flight we wanted to take home SOLD OUT overnight last night. Grrrrr.

QUESTION: if flights on a given day start selling out months before does SW ever add more flights?

Can't say with 100% certainty, but in my quite limited experience, they haven't.

Also... if I book now.... before my companion pass is granted me... is there a way to then use my companion pass for this trip once it shows in my acct?

Yes. You may have to call SW directly to get this done, but it's definitely doable. Although once you change your reservation by calling, any further changes also have to be made by calling. Again - in my limited experience, anyway.

Hi

Are all fares for that flight sold out? Or just a certain type of fare?

Can't say with 100% certainty, but in my quite limited experience, they haven't.
ya. That's been my experience too. But mine is limited also so I thought maybe it happens but I just never noticed.

Yes. You may have to call SW directly to get this done, but it's definitely doable. Although once you change your reservation by calling, any further changes also have to be made by calling. Again - in my limited experience, anyway.

ok Good to know!

Hi

We recently had Southwest add more Wanna Get Away Fares after the fares were sold out for a few months. We booked in May for our November Trip and in July they released more fares (I think those are the correct months lol)

Sry. I wasn't clear
Just the wanna get away type is sold out
LOL I'm so used to ONLY looking at those prices, I'm blind to the rest!
I've been watching some fares for our upcoming trip. First there were "wanna get away" fares, then they showed for a few weeks as sold out. Then fares showed up again. So keep watching. I didn't book because ours are still too high. But I was surprised to see more fares show up.

Oh it's good to hear that others have seen fares listed as "sold out" only to be restocked!! I kind of had a suspicion that it was odd to be sold out this early for a slow(er) travel season like end of Jan.

I checked late last night and the wanna get away fare had jumped from $173 to well over $200. I thought, "I'm certainly not booking tonight!" Then I checked early this morn and that's when it showed as SOLD OUT.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!