possibly dumb question but what documents are required to fly to WDW?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Mrs.viv07, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. Mrs.viv07

    Mrs.viv07 DIS Veteran

    Jul 13, 2006
    i haven't stepped on a local flight (within the US) since way before 9-11 and i was wondering what has changed as far as what doucments are required to present at check in, i have a 6 year old and he has a passport is that enough?
    what do i need just my DL?
    what about if we take the train?
    we are looking to see if its better if we fly or drive or take the train.
  2. ObsessedwithWDW

    ObsessedwithWDW Mouseketeer-Trip Planner with a PASSION

    Oct 20, 2005
    :thumbsup2 All you need is a drivers license and for the child I think it depends on the airline but good idea to have his passport!!! We have flown alot since and it really is the same just takes longer. Be prepared to not have sharp objects in your carry on I have had to throw away TWEEZERS and oh LIGHTERS too. BUT all the time is worth waiting for security reasons...so BRING YOUR PATIENCE even though its really not that bad :Pinkbounc
  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. Mom2DS

    Mom2DS WL Veteran

    Aug 14, 2002
    I have been wondering about this myself (I have a 15 y.o. and a 10 y.o.). I just called USAirways and was asked if the 15 y.o. had a school i.d. I told her yes and she said that he would need to bring his school id, but the 10 y.o. would not need any i.d.
  5. BeckWhy

    BeckWhy <font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain

    Feb 19, 2003
    Your question is no dumb. You can never be too concerned when taking any form of transportation.

    You will need some form of state issued ID, such as your driver's lisence, passport, military ID, etc.
    Now, I'm pretty sure your son, only being 6, will not need an ID, BUT I would bring his passport just in case. You can never be too prepared.

    I would suggest flying over all the alternatives. It is faster, and I believe cheaper than a train (I could be wrong) and driving, especially if there are only two of you.

    I hope you have fun!
  6. disneymomto5

    disneymomto5 Mouseketeer

    Jun 24, 2006
    Your six year old won't need anything but you can bring his passport if it makes you feel better. You'll need a drivers license at least.
  7. byoung

    byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

    Jun 22, 2005
    I beleive the driver licence must be one with a picture on it.
  8. dementia412

    dementia412 DIS Veteran

    Jul 13, 2006
    Trains tickets are almost always cheaper. But if you are far away it means you WILL need a sleeping cabin, making trains far more expensive as well as taking forever.
    We flew just months after 911 and it was my first flight (not counting when I was a baby). They scared the living .... out of my son by wanding him :scared1: , and we were selected for ever random check available. Maybe we just looked scuzy or something. :confused3 Or mayybe it was my ID. I had just got a new ID with my married name on it, but since I still looked the same they had used the old pic which apparently had the old signature attached. So it had my maiden name on the pic, and my married name typed. I'm very glad we made it there and back with my wacky ID. :crazy:
  9. Luv'sTink

    Luv'sTink DIS Veteran

    Apr 18, 2006
    No dumg questions, just dumb answers!! LOL
    I asked this question once too!

Share This Page