possibly dumb question but what documents are required to fly to WDW?

Mrs.viv07

DIS Veteran
i haven't stepped on a local flight (within the US) since way before 9-11 and i was wondering what has changed as far as what doucments are required to present at check in, i have a 6 year old and he has a passport is that enough?
what do i need just my DL?
what about if we take the train?
we are looking to see if its better if we fly or drive or take the train.
TIA

:thumbsup2 All you need is a drivers license and for the child I think it depends on the airline but good idea to have his passport!!! We have flown alot since and it really is the same just takes longer. Be prepared to not have sharp objects in your carry on I have had to throw away TWEEZERS and oh LIGHTERS too. BUT all the time is worth waiting for security reasons...so BRING YOUR PATIENCE even though its really not that bad :Pinkbounc

I have been wondering about this myself (I have a 15 y.o. and a 10 y.o.). I just called USAirways and was asked if the 15 y.o. had a school i.d. I told her yes and she said that he would need to bring his school id, but the 10 y.o. would not need any i.d.

Your question is no dumb. You can never be too concerned when taking any form of transportation.

You will need some form of state issued ID, such as your driver's lisence, passport, military ID, etc.
Now, I'm pretty sure your son, only being 6, will not need an ID, BUT I would bring his passport just in case. You can never be too prepared.

I would suggest flying over all the alternatives. It is faster, and I believe cheaper than a train (I could be wrong) and driving, especially if there are only two of you.

I hope you have fun!

Your six year old won't need anything but you can bring his passport if it makes you feel better. You'll need a drivers license at least.

I beleive the driver licence must be one with a picture on it.

Trains tickets are almost always cheaper. But if you are far away it means you WILL need a sleeping cabin, making trains far more expensive as well as taking forever.
We flew just months after 911 and it was my first flight (not counting when I was a baby). They scared the living .... out of my son by wanding him :scared1: , and we were selected for ever random check available. Maybe we just looked scuzy or something. :confused3 Or mayybe it was my ID. I had just got a new ID with my married name on it, but since I still looked the same they had used the old pic which apparently had the old signature attached. So it had my maiden name on the pic, and my married name typed. I'm very glad we made it there and back with my wacky ID. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter