Possible to Do....? at DHS on Thanksgiving

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
Tell me if this is a crazy idea...
Right now, DHS is opening at 9:00 on Thanksgiving. I really think this may change, right? Surely, they will open earlier on Thanksgiving??? But if it does open at 9:00, could we do SDD, TSM, ToT, and RnRC and still make an ADR at WCC by 12:15? I am planning on doing one FP for either SDD or TSM, doing the other TSL ride at RD, modifying a Tier 2 FP to tap and run, then modifying a 2nd Tier 2 FP to tap and run, trying to grab a FP for either ToT or RnRC, riding the other stand-by, and then using the FP for the other. I realize we will need to leave DHS by 11:15. Would four rides in 2.25 hours be possible at all? For the record, my DH and I will not be riding ToT or RnRC, so we will be able to leave early to check in for the ADR. But I realize they won't seat us until everyone is there, so not sure that will really help at all. (I really don't want to miss the 2:00 MK parade which is why I made a 12:15 ADR. It's usually about 2:15 by the time the floats make it to the train station. We don't have to have a perfect spot. Just want to be able to catch glimpses of it as we arrive.

If this is crazy, our original plan is to celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday with a lunch reservation at LTT at 12:30 and hopefully be able to walk out of LTT in time to catch the parade.

We have only three days at WDW, so we have to make the most of every second! LOL!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I’m sure anything is possible, that said doing those 4 rides & making your WCC ADR will be a challenge, imo.
EVERYTHING would need to go in your favor & nobody better need to use a bathroom or get a drink. I’m trying to be optimistic, lol.
You didn’t say how many people are in your group & ages, etc...that matters.
I doubt the park will open before 9 tho.
Good luck!

I’m sure anything is possible, that said doing those 4 rides & making your WCC ADR will be a challenge, imo.
EVERYTHING would need to go in your favor & nobody better need to use a bathroom or get a drink. I’m trying to be optimistic, lol.
You didn’t say how many people are in your group & ages, etc...that matters.
I doubt the park will open before 9 tho.
Good luck!
6 adults in the party so no issues with needing to get a drink or go to the bathroom.
Why do you doubt the park will open before 9?

I believe HS is scheduled to open at 9 AM on Thanksgiving Day & it’s not an EMH day.
Thanksgiving Day is also a very high attendance day at all the parks plus you will be contending with SWGE crowds.
I don’t know how you can know 5 months in advance who may need to use a bathroom, adult or not!
On a positive note you probably won’t be dealing with very hot weather👍

Last edited:

I don’t know how you can know 5 months in advance who may need to use a bathroom, adult or not!
This is true! But adults know how important it is to move through the rides unlike small children who don't get that concept.

plus you will be contending with SWGE crowds.
I thought this would make TSL and the other rides easier since everyone will be in SWGE.

DAK ran 8am-10pm hours the week of Thanksgiving the year Pandora opened. I bet you see similar with DHS this year, at a minimum.

But the plan seems too aggressive unless you get something better than a 9am park opening.

This is true! But adults know how important it is to move through the rides unlike small children who don't get that concept.

I thought this would make TSL and the other rides easier since everyone will be in SWGE.
You are probably right that SWGE will consume a decent amount of crowds that would normally head to TSL, however imo TSL also has pretty new ride offerings that definitely appeal to parents with kiddos. I think it will just be a busy day there in every direction.
I would say to keep your expectations fluid.
Do everything you can with the time you have @ HS & if that WCC ADR is important to your group, head out in time to make it.
In April, I was there with our group of 6 adults (40s & 50s) our goal was to do all 4 parks in a day. We picked certain rides & had a plan.
4 of us completed our goal.
1 member of our group fractured her rib 2 days before which greatly altered what she could do & her stamina.
So she & another friend went to MK, people watched & rode Fantasyland stuff.
I hope you all have a very good time😊

You are probably right that SWGE will consume a decent amount of crowds that would normally head to TSL, however imo TSL also has pretty new ride offerings that definitely appeal to parents with kiddos. I think it will just be a busy day there in every direction.
I would say to keep your expectations fluid.
Do everything you can with the time you have @ HS & if that WCC ADR is important to your group, head out in time to make it.
In April, I was there with our group of 6 adults (40s & 50s) our goal was to do all 4 parks in a day. We picked certain rides & had a plan.
4 of us completed our goal.
1 member of our group fractured her rib 2 days before which greatly altered what she could do & her stamina.
So she & another friend went to MK, people watched & rode Fantasyland stuff.
I hope you all have a very good time😊
Thanks. We only have three park days, so it's hard, especially since our adult children haven't been in over three years and probably won't be going back with us for several more years. I have this desire for them to see everything they haven't seen plus the rides they love. We will be at DHS two mornings, but I was thinking we would need to devote one morning to just SWGE. I'm sure we will have a good time no matter what.

I
Thanks. We only have three park days, so it's hard, especially since our adult children haven't been in over three years and probably won't be going back with us for several more years. I have this desire for them to see everything they haven't seen plus the rides they love.
I know what you mean... mine are older now too, so family trips are harder because everyone is busy with work, school & other obligations. I bet it will be a great trip 😊
Not sure if you’ve been to WCC before, we really like it there too, lots of good memories!

I

I know what you mean... mine are older now too, so family trips are harder because everyone is busy with work, school & other obligations. I bet it will be a great trip 😊
Not sure if you’ve been to WCC before, we really like it there too, lots of good memories!
Yes, my DH and I go to WCC every year nowadays. Our sons have been twice. We made some good memories those trips (especially the first one) that I have this desire to take them back. But it looks like we may just stick with our original plan to celebrate at LTT on Black Friday instead. Our ADR there is at 12:30 which would give us a little more time since we are eliminating the travel time between DHS and WL and then WL and MK. Plus I may encourage them to do RnRC using the single-rider line the day before.

I think just eating at MK is your best shot. Also, WCC will likely have the price fixe Thanksgiving dinner which, while tasty, certainly wouldn’t be a must-do if you’re not staying there (we were), and I was frankly disappointed that for that price, the only dessert was cold pumpkin pie. If you’re trying to maximize park time, do LTT.

I think just eating at MK is your best shot. Also, WCC will likely have the price fixe Thanksgiving dinner which, while tasty, certainly wouldn’t be a must-do if you’re not staying there (we were), and I was frankly disappointed that for that price, the only dessert was cold pumpkin pie. If you’re trying to maximize park time, do LTT.
Thank you for the reassurance! My family is FINE celebrating Thanksgiving the day after. I think it's just me feeling like I need to do something special. They (especially my DSs and their GFs) are all about maximizing park time! The plan to celebrate on Black Friday is also much cheaper (which I'm happy about, lol). Plus I had seen where pumpkin pie was the dessert at WCC on Thanksgiving. I definitely would rather have ooey-gooey toffee cake at LTT! Also one of my DSs does not like traditional Thanksgiving food, so the lunch at LTT would allow for him to get something al la carte on that Friday (making it even cheaper. lol)!

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice. I think I was attempting the impossible and was going to end up making Thanksgiving stressful for everyone. I appreciate that you brought me back to reality, and I think my original plan is the best for everyone.

If the day is later in your trip and you are able to get your tier 1 FP for SDD then I think it might be possible.

The crowds will head to SWGE or TSL at opening, TOT and RNRC will be a ghost town for the first hour. Plus I bet dollars to donuts they'll let people in before 9:00.

Plus you can always take an Uber or Lyft to WL instead of dealing with the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter