Posing w/ your Purple Folder! (photos)

_mypurplefolder0.jpg

I think I finally got it to work...yay!:goodvibes

FYI…those posters and bed in the background aren’t mine…that side of the room is my room mate’s.

yay:yay: it did work!

I would love to know how that goes!!! I have seriously considered doing the baking and pastry program. I want to perform at Disney, but that is my second choice and very close to the top. More information would be awesome. Did you go to school for professional baking? Was the interview process similar to the regular CP? I haven't seen anyone else doing the culinary program! That is so awesome!

that is so cool. i always thought that all the folders were the same. now i've learned it's different. anyway, congrats on getting into the program!i've thought about this program too. would you say the application was the same, similar, or completely different from the way they handle it for the reguar CP?

To be in the baking program it is a requirement that you are enrolled in school with Baking & Pastry as your major. I'm basically done with that degree (associates) except we are required to do an internship...after much debating I ended up choosing to work with Disney, which is awesome :) But this also means I have extra paperwork, projects, journals, etc. as part of my internship requirement. I will also be there for a lot less time than anyone else, Sept 8-Nov 20th, because my school works on trimesters :P

The interview process is very much the same, but the interview itself was VERY different. I applied the same as anyone else would, online, but just checked the Baking & Pastry box. I was offered a phone interview but I turned it down in favor of an in-person interview, which was highly recommended to me by my internship adviser. Because I do go to a Culinary school, Disney stops by every few months to recruit people into the program (for culinary, baking, & hospitality). They hold a mandatory info session, followed by a full day of interviews where they interview everyone from my campus who is interested in one day!

The info session was really cute, they had mickey balloons, videos, juice, and cookies. A chef and a few others from Disney told us pretty much everything you could think of about the CP- all the fun stuff but also the harsh reality that Disney is a business! It was much more in-depth than the video that is supplied online, I took notes if anybody is interested.

The next day was our interviews! You had to bring your resume, application, and the roles checklist. I also brought my awesome portfolio, but they wouldn't look at it (company policy??). I was one of the first to be interviewed, and let me say, it was REALLY DIFFICULT. Every single question was based on baking, but they were terribly specific.- what kind of flour do you use for biscotti, the percentage of fat in butter, temperatures, etc! There was even a written test with MATH! Unfortunately for me, the last time I took my labs (baking related classes) was six months prior, so I was kinda like a deer caught in headlights. I honestly thought I failed miserably and drove home crying thinking that I would never get to work for Disney :sad2: But then one week later I got my acceptance email! I guess I do know what I'm doing :goodvibes

So aside from the info session & the style of interview, everything else is the same as I have seen it on these boards. From talking to others at my school who did the phone interview for Baking, it had a lot of technical related questions. Let me know if you have any more questions!

To be in the baking program it is a requirement that you are enrolled in school with Baking & Pastry as your major. I'm basically done with that degree (associates) except we are required to do an internship...after much debating I ended up choosing to work with Disney, which is awesome :) But this also means I have extra paperwork, projects, journals, etc. as part of my internship requirement. I will also be there for a lot less time than anyone else, Sept 8-Nov 20th, because my school works on trimesters :P

The interview process is very much the same, but the interview itself was VERY different. I applied the same as anyone else would, online, but just checked the Baking & Pastry box. I was offered a phone interview but I turned it down in favor of an in-person interview, which was highly recommended to me by my internship adviser. Because I do go to a Culinary school, Disney stops by every few months to recruit people into the program (for culinary, baking, & hospitality). They hold a mandatory info session, followed by a full day of interviews where they interview everyone from my campus who is interested in one day!

The info session was really cute, they had mickey balloons, videos, juice, and cookies. A chef and a few others from Disney told us pretty much everything you could think of about the CP- all the fun stuff but also the harsh reality that Disney is a business! It was much more in-depth than the video that is supplied online, I took notes if anybody is interested.

The next day was our interviews! You had to bring your resume, application, and the roles checklist. I also brought my awesome portfolio, but they wouldn't look at it (company policy??). I was one of the first to be interviewed, and let me say, it was REALLY DIFFICULT. Every single question was based on baking, but they were terribly specific.- what kind of flour do you use for biscotti, the percentage of fat in butter, temperatures, etc! There was even a written test with MATH! Unfortunately for me, the last time I took my labs (baking related classes) was six months prior, so I was kinda like a deer caught in headlights. I honestly thought I failed miserably and drove home crying thinking that I would never get to work for Disney :sad2: But then one week later I got my acceptance email! I guess I do know what I'm doing :goodvibes

So aside from the info session & the style of interview, everything else is the same as I have seen it on these boards. From talking to others at my school who did the phone interview for Baking, it had a lot of technical related questions. Let me know if you have any more questions!

well one of the things i already did know about this program was that you had to be majoring in it. wow, that interview sounds difficult. but i'm glad you made it through. kinda sucks that you'll only be at disney for almost 3 months. well at least you'll be there. if you don't mind me asking what school do you attend. i had applied for CIA (Culinary Institute of America for anyone who doesn't know) but then opted out of it. i've still been thinking about reappling for that school.

Wow! That's pretty intense! I'm glad you made it.
So are all the culinary programs short, or just yours because you are on trimesters?
how long have you been in school? And did you do a full culinary program, or just professional baking and pastries? Are you in Orlando?
I would also know what school you go to :)
Thanks!

well one of the things i already did know about this program was that you had to be majoring in it. wow, that interview sounds difficult. but i'm glad you made it through. kinda sucks that you'll only be at disney for almost 3 months. well at least you'll be there. if you don't mind me asking what school do you attend. i had applied for CIA (Culinary Institute of America for anyone who doesn't know) but then opted out of it. i've still been thinking about reappling for that school.

Wow! That's pretty intense! I'm glad you made it.
So are all the culinary programs short, or just yours because you are on trimesters?
how long have you been in school? And did you do a full culinary program, or just professional baking and pastries? Are you in Orlando?
I would also know what school you go to :)
Thanks!

Thanks, I'm glad I made it too! :goodvibes

I go to Johnson & Wales University, the North Miami campus, and I live in the vicinity of Ft. Lauderdale. Not all of the culinary programs are short, I'm pretty sure it is just because of the way my school's schedule works. There are a total of four of our campuses, and I'm sure they recruit from all of them, so they probably have a whole separate timing system just for our school, so JWU kids leave just in time for new JWU kids to arrive- based on our trimester. Some of the Culinary students get to do a longer internship by adding on the advantage program, but I'm not sure if Baking can do it, and also I have other things planned for the summer :)

I have completed a Culinary program, before I went to JWU, which is not typical of most of the students. It wasn't for me but I did discover I loved Baking, which is the sole focus of my degree at JWU. Most people just choose one or the other to start with.

I'm not too worried about being there for shorter than everyone else, my bachelors that I'm working on now (Food Service Management) also requires an internship, and If I like Disney there is no reason why I couldn't do it again.

I go to Johnson & Wales University, the North Miami campus, and I live in the vicinity of Ft. Lauderdale. Not all of the culinary programs are short, I'm pretty sure it is just because of the way my school's schedule works. There are a total of four of our campuses, and I'm sure they recruit from all of them, so they probably have a whole separate timing system just for our school, so JWU kids leave just in time for new JWU kids to arrive- based on our trimester. Some of the Culinary students get to do a longer internship by adding on the advantage program, but I'm not sure if Baking can do it, and also I have other things planned for the summer :)

I have completed a Culinary program, before I went to JWU, which is not typical of most of the students. It wasn't for me but I did discover I loved Baking, which is the sole focus of my degree at JWU. Most people just choose one or the other to start with.

I'm not too worried about being there for shorter than everyone else, my bachelors that I'm working on now (Food Service Management) also requires an internship, and If I like Disney there is no reason why I couldn't do it again.

You live in Florida?! OMG, so do i LoL! Anyways, I went to McFatter Tech High, and I tried the Culinary program for a semester. It was fun, because I love to cook (mostly baking), but I couldn't stay because I didn't want to make a job out of it. I kinda regret for not staying, but at the same time, I was reintroduced to Theater, and that's where my passion is :)

MY PURPLE FOLDER ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!

DSCF0965-1.jpg

Had a little fun with the second one!

DSCF0965-2.jpg

I go to Johnson & Wales University, the North Miami campus, .

i have a friend who alomst applied to that school and for that particular campus too!

You live in Florida?! OMG, so do i LoL! Anyways, I went to McFatter Tech High, and I tried the Culinary program for a semester. It was fun, because I love to cook (mostly baking), but I couldn't stay because I didn't want to make a job out of it. I kinda regret for not staying, but at the same time, I was reintroduced to Theater, and that's where my passion is :)

the two things i love: baking and theatre. because of this i haven't even sent in my college apps yet. i'm having a hard deciding between the culinary program and the theatre program.:confused:

WOW, small world, I graduated from McFatter too, class of 2007! What year are you? It'd be too funny if we already knew each other!

i have a friend who alomst applied to that school and for that particular campus too!

the two things i love: baking and theatre. because of this i haven't even sent in my college apps yet. i'm having a hard deciding between the culinary program and the theatre program.:confused:

One of my best friend does theatre. They are two COMPLETELY different worlds, but both are awesome in their own way. Good luck figuring it out!

WOW, small world, I graduated from McFatter too, class of 2007! What year are you? It'd be too funny if we already knew each other!

One of my best friend does theatre. They are two COMPLETELY different worlds, but both are awesome in their own way. Good luck figuring it out!

OMG! Seriously?! I graduated 2008!! But i knew quite a few people who were in C/O 2007!!!

OMG! Seriously?! I graduated 2008!! But i knew quite a few people who were in C/O 2007!!!

Thats so random, finding someone else from McFatter on here! If you remember me, my full name is Jennifer Norwood, I did the whole culinary program, and when I graduated I had bright orange hair.

When do you start? We should totally hang out :)

Thats so random, finding someone else from McFatter on here! If you remember me, my full name is Jennifer Norwood, I did the whole culinary program, and when I graduated I had bright orange hair.

When do you start? We should totally hang out :)

I start May 20th! And I do remember you! I remember seeing you around the school! Did you know a girl named Britney Schuler?? She's like my best friend now lol. She did the culinary program as well (i forget how long though lol), but she got out to do Graphic Design (i ended up doing that as well through my junior and senior year)

I start May 20th! And I do remember you! I remember seeing you around the school! Did you know a girl named Britney Schuler?? She's like my best friend now lol. She did the culinary program as well (i forget how long though lol), but she got out to do Graphic Design (i ended up doing that as well through my junior and senior year)

I do know her! I don't start my program until Sept 8th, it seems so far away :P

Hi Kelly! I see you got your purple folder!!! Tashi is still waiting for hers to arrive--so, when she gets it she will post a photo of herself too! When are you starting the program? I thought I remember it as the fall-- but Ive been speaking to a few other people and Im all confused on whose going when. I know we talked about this at one point and I think you arrive later than Tashi. I hope you two can meet at some point--you sort of remind me of Tashi's cousin Sammi! Anyway, Im happy for you that you got your folder and once again---good luck to you!!!!! Keep posting and hopefully one of these days you and Tashi can meet! :banana::banana::banana:

Hi Kelly! I see you got your purple folder!!! Tashi is still waiting for hers to arrive--so, when she gets it she will post a photo of herself too! When are you starting the program? I thought I remember it as the fall-- but Ive been speaking to a few other people and Im all confused on whose going when. I know we talked about this at one point and I think you arrive later than Tashi. I hope you two can meet at some point--you sort of remind me of Tashi's cousin Sammi! Anyway, Im happy for you that you got your folder and once again---good luck to you!!!!! Keep posting and hopefully one of these days you and Tashi can meet! :banana::banana::banana:
Tentatively August 24th. And I'd love to! Like I said, I will send you or her my location when I get it, and if we don't just run into each other, maybe she can stop by during her time in the parks or wherever i end up!! :)

lol, this pic is too cute. And the mickey ears definitely adds a nice touch!:thumbsup2 Nice to finally have the actual purple folder, isn't it? ;)

I'll pass the mouse ears comment onto my mom! And yes it is

Tentatively August 24th. And I'd love to! Like I said, I will send you or her my location when I get it, and if we don't just run into each other, maybe she can stop by during her time in the parks or wherever i end up!! :)

I'll pass the mouse ears comment onto my mom! And yes it is

Sounds good! Yeah, I will let you know her location too! She and her friend from school both got accepted and we're all driving down together-- I cant wait to find out where she'll be working or what exactly it is she'll be doing in Hospitality. Anyway, we'll be in touch with you! :cheer2:

This is my folder and me(or I? who knows) taking pictures! We're happy together! lol:)

Picture15.jpg

Another picture of us trying one of the features on my webcam that I have no idea how to use lol...

Picture14.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter