PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have a quick question regarding club level. We re checking in on August 24th for a 7 night stay. Many years ago we stayed at Royal Pacific and about a week or two before check in we were emailed the menu and a a contact email if we had any questions regarding our upcoming stay. Is this something that Portofino does. I am just curious to see the nightly offerings
I just checkout this morning from four night of CL stay. I booked my trip via Costco Travel. Did not receive any communication from the hotel pre-trip. On the arrival day, we went to the club lounge and took a pic of the menu. Here is the menu for this week. 0EB88973-1B6C-46A3-A399-0070683577A8.jpeg
Thank you for the laundry photos! Do you happen to know where this is located? What building? Thank you
The laundry room is NOT easy to find!!! It took me awhile to locate it! The lobby level is the 3rd floor. Laundry is on the 2nd floor. From the lobby, you go to the Villa Wing, pass the club lounge entrance, pass a balcony on the left in the hallway, make a left at the end of the hallway, then you would see an elevator on your left. Take the elevator to the second floor, make a right exiting the elevator, go through a set of double door, then the laundry room is on your right.

I just checkout this morning from four night of CL stay. I booked my trip via Costco Travel. Did not receive any communication from the hotel pre-trip. On the arrival day, we went to the club lounge and took a pic of the menu. Here is the menu for this week. View attachment 692827

The laundry room is NOT easy to find!!! It took me awhile to locate it! The lobby level is the 3rd floor. Laundry is on the 2nd floor. From the lobby, you go to the Villa Wing, pass the club lounge entrance, pass a balcony on the left in the hallway, make a left at the end of the hallway, then you would see an elevator on your left. Take the elevator to the second floor, make a right exiting the elevator, go through a set of double door, then the laundry room is on your right.
Oh geez. I forgot how long and winding portofino is lol. Thanks for the reminder before our trip next week lol.

I just checkout this morning from four night of CL stay. I booked my trip via Costco Travel. Did not receive any communication from the hotel pre-trip. On the arrival day, we went to the club lounge and took a pic of the menu. Here is the menu for this week. View attachment 692827

Can you access the laundry room directly from the West Wing if you room is there without going to the Lobby or Villa wing? I’ve been trying to find good maps.

I have some questions regarding having a package sent to the hotel. I am ordering something(a clothing item for my daughter) and would like to have it sent to the hotel. We live in Canada so it is expensive to have it shipped to our house. I think I read somewhere that it costs $15.00 to pick up a package from Portofino. I plan to order it a day or two before we arrive to make sure it arrives at the hotel during our stay(we are there for 7 nights).

On the shipping address, should I include my name? I won't have our room number since I am ordering it before we check in.

Also, where do we go to pick up the package? We are staying club level, is this something the staff in the lounge will pick up for us.

Thanks in advance for any help!!! I have never shipped a package to a hotel before.

I have some questions regarding having a package sent to the hotel. I am ordering something(a clothing item for my daughter) and would like to have it sent to the hotel. We live in Canada so it is expensive to have it shipped to our house. I think I read somewhere that it costs $15.00 to pick up a package from Portofino. I plan to order it a day or two before we arrive to make sure it arrives at the hotel during our stay(we are there for 7 nights).

On the shipping address, should I include my name? I won't have our room number since I am ordering it before we check in.

Also, where do we go to pick up the package? We are staying club level, is this something the staff in the lounge will pick up for us.

Thanks in advance for any help!!! I have never shipped a package to a hotel before.

Yes, include your name.

It will go to the Hotel Business Centre, I don`t think staff will collect it for you.

When I picked up a parcel from RP Business Centre they asked for ID.

You get little bottles, but I'm sure they'll bring you as many as you want. The brand is Julien Farel. You get: shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap for shower, bar of hand soap, hand and body wash, hand and body cream. All Julien Farel products. To get a glance of these items, just search youtube Portofino Bay Hotel room tour. Have a great day.
I wanted to update you on your shampoo quality question. We are, right now, at Portofino Bay Hotel. For the past couple days I have used the shampoo provided in the rooms, my wife’s top shelf from our hair stylist (eufora), and the shampoo provided at the spa/fitness center (Mandara Spa) on property. So, you have to keep in mind this is hard water. These are my results:

The Eufora shampoo doesn’t produce enough suds, and I won’t use it again for the rest of our stay.

The Mandara Spa shampoo suds up enough, and I will use it because it’s there after a workout.

The shampoo provided in the rooms provide the most suds.

So, I would suggest using the shampoo provided for great washing results.

Now, as for conditioning your hair, I think it’s a toss up. I have used all 3 product lines mentioned, and I think I like the job of all 3.

My final thoughts are use the shampoo provided, and only bring your own conditioner if it’s convenient enough to pack it.

As for the bars of soap and body wash provided, I like the body wash provided in the room, but the spa body wash is way nicer (scent). The bars of soaps provided in the rooms are non-scented but not like a dove, and not like ivory. It’s nice enough to me. We brought our own bars of dove but didn’t take them out yet and I feel like it’s more because of the body wash that I like.

I should add all guests have complimentary access to the fitness center, but not to the showers and lockers. If you book Club Level, which we did, you have complimentary access to the lockers, showers, and other parts of the spa facility. Have a great day.

One more quick question before we check in next week. We booked a club level room for 7 nights and we prefer to be on the top floor. A balcony would be fantastic but I understand there are not many available. Should I call in my request for the top floor and a balcony if possible or should I just ask when we check in(we will arrive early, probably around 7:30 or 8:00am so we can get our express pass and head to the parks, but we don't need a room right away and would be willing to wait)

We’re at PBH now. Lovely hotel. Great walk or boat to the parks. I’m afraid I can’t recommend club level for those with dietary allergies. I thought last night it was just a one off (they had nothing they could guarantee as nut free according to a TM and supervisor - I think the TM that came to answer the question after we’d asked a regular TM if there were any nut free offerings was a supervisor.

This morning we just checked in for breakfast after a quick RD. The checkin TM looked at the menu and said it doesn’t look like anything is marked GF. Sorry. Then turned away 😳. I just ate some fruit and hardboiled eggs because *nothing* is marked GF. I have GF cereal in the room I’ll eat, but definitely not worth it for us.

I wanted to update you on your shampoo quality question. We are, right now, at Portofino Bay Hotel. For the past couple days I have used the shampoo provided in the rooms, my wife’s top shelf from our hair stylist (eufora), and the shampoo provided at the spa/fitness center (Mandara Spa) on property. So, you have to keep in mind this is hard water. These are my results:
Thank you for this!!

We’re at PBH now. Lovely hotel. Great walk or boat to the parks. I’m afraid I can’t recommend club level for those with dietary allergies. I thought last night it was just a one off (they had nothing they could guarantee as nut free according to a TM and supervisor - I think the TM that came to answer the question after we’d asked a regular TM if there were any nut free offerings was a supervisor.

This morning we just checked in for breakfast after a quick RD. The checkin TM looked at the menu and said it doesn’t look like anything is marked GF. Sorry. Then turned away 😳. I just ate some fruit and hardboiled eggs because *nothing* is marked GF. I have GF cereal in the room I’ll eat, but definitely not worth it for us.
As someone else that is gluten-free, this is why I won't splurge on club level. I just don't feel confident I could get my money's worth.

As someone else that is gluten-free, this is why I won't splurge on club level. I just don't feel confident I could get my money's worth.
Yes! We loved the hotel and feature pool! We’re having a blast and just upgraded to 3 park APs to pop back over during our DVC stay starting tonight for 6 nights (I refuse to buy any more day tickets for WDW & they won’t sell me an AP 🤷🏼‍♀️).

Just wanted to give a heads up to those with Celiacs/Gluten intolerance - gluten is hidden in so much that a concerted effort would need to be made by the venue to offer enough GF offerings to make it worthwhile!

One more quick question before we check in next week. We booked a club level room for 7 nights and we prefer to be on the top floor. A balcony would be fantastic but I understand there are not many available. Should I call in my request for the top floor and a balcony if possible or should I just ask when we check in(we will arrive early, probably around 7:30 or 8:00am so we can get our express pass and head to the parks, but we don't need a room right away and would be willing to wait)
We are at club level right now. We were assigned villa 5th floor. There’s lots of people assigned 5th floor villa building. There’s also a 6th floor. Nothing higher. We didn’t ask for a specific location, floor, or view. We have a great view of the beach pool. I think many club level rooms will have a view of the beach pool, or the quiet pool., but I am not positive about that.
You are correct that it will be difficult to get a balcony, and you will see why when you’re here. There’s just very few rooms with a balcony.
In any case I can tell you that this hotel with club level is an outstanding experience. There’s a public access balcony on your way to the club lounge that is never full that you can go to with your club drink or snack.
There’s a time before your arrival that the front desk gets your reservation. I am not sure when that is but I feel like it might be the day before your arrival. Maybe you could call the front desk the day before your arrival with your request. But, I would guess you would be assigned 5th floor in most cases. That’s my guess, because it seemed as if everyone we knew was staying club level we saw going to the 5 th floor villa.

We are at club level right now. We were assigned villa 5th floor. There’s lots of people assigned 5th floor villa building. There’s also a 6th floor. Nothing higher. We didn’t ask for a specific location, floor, or view. We have a great view of the beach pool. I think many club level rooms will have a view of the beach pool, or the quiet pool., but I am not positive about that.
You are correct that it will be difficult to get a balcony, and you will see why when you’re here. There’s just very few rooms with a balcony.
In any case I can tell you that this hotel with club level is an outstanding experience. There’s a public access balcony on your way to the club lounge that is never full that you can go to with your club drink or snack.
There’s a time before your arrival that the front desk gets your reservation. I am not sure when that is but I feel like it might be the day before your arrival. Maybe you could call the front desk the day before your arrival with your request. But, I would guess you would be assigned 5th floor in most cases. That’s my guess, because it seemed as if everyone we knew was staying club level we saw going to the 5 th floor villa.
How far of a walk is it from villa 5th floor rooms to the club? Also, how far from club to the boat? Finally, How far from the villa room to the main pool? Thanks!

How far of a walk is it from villa 5th floor rooms to the club? Also, how far from club to the boat? Finally, How far from the villa room to the main pool? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 6.55.46 AM.png

Here is my experience.......I dont know where all the club level rooms are located.
BUT, based on my past two club level stays, my rooms with two queen beds were both located in the Villa wing, which is the wing on the top left. My first room was the last room at the end of the Villa wing facing all the trees and roads (don't remember the room #). My second room was #2374 above the Mandara Spa facing the quiet pool on the same floor as the club lounge (3rd floor). The Club lounge is at where the red marking is on the map. Room number closest to the club lounge is #233x... So I had to walk pass about 20 rooms (on one side) from the lounge to my room at #2374. But #2374 is close to the boat dock by getting out of the door that leads to the BICE restaurant.

The structure of the PB hotel reminds me of the Animal Kingdom Lodge with long hallways....

View attachment 695650

Here is my experience.......I dont know where all the club level rooms are located.
BUT, based on my past two club level stays, my rooms with two queen beds were both located in the Villa wing, which is the wing on the top left. My first room was the last room at the end of the Villa wing facing all the trees and roads (don't remember the room #). My second room was #2374 above the Mandara Spa facing the quiet pool on the same floor as the club lounge (3rd floor). The Club lounge is at where the red marking is on the map. Room number closest to the club lounge is #233x... So I had to walk pass about 20 rooms (on one side) from the lounge to my room at #2374. But #2374 is close to the boat dock by getting out of the door that leads to the BICE restaurant.

The structure of the PB hotel reminds me of the Animal Kingdom Lodge with long hallways....
That was exactly what I thought - Kidani hallways…. We were 4th floor room ending in 97. Literally at the END of the hallway. It was a trek.

What is the bathroom configuration of a club queen double - do they have walk-in showers or a tub? They are not the same as a deluxe, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter