PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We stayed at Royal Pacific in February and loved it! This time however booked a stay at Portofino this coming november to celebrate 1. My wife's birthday 2. my daughter's birthday, and my sisters 50th. Daughter has no idea. Also during the time we're there I managed to get an Orlando Informer ticket for that friday! Since we got the room BEFORE the Orlando informer, (back when they had the buy 3 get 2 days free deal) do you think Universal would also perhaps discount the room up to 30%? I have a preferred pass and that didn't seem to help with the room cost.

Either way looking forward to the trip. Even reach out to the infamous Tony Hind and working on setting up our transportation for Nov 15th-Nov19th!

My daughter and I will be staying at Portofino Bay next September and we are very excited :) It seems so far away but it will be here before we know it. I decided to spend a little bit more for a Bay View room…at first I wasn’t sure that was a good idea, but the more I think about it, the happier I am that I did book that category. I love water taxis so I think Bay View rooms put us closer to those.

We went to Universal Studios for the first time last August and I was honestly surprised at how much we enjoyed it! We had such a nice time and can’t wait to go back. I am not really a Harry Potter fan but OMG BUTTER BEER!! I didn’t know what to expect but geez those were good lol

We stayed at Royal Pacific in February and loved it! This time however booked a stay at Portofino this coming november to celebrate 1. My wife's birthday 2. my daughter's birthday, and my sisters 50th. Daughter has no idea. Also during the time we're there I managed to get an Orlando Informer ticket for that friday! Since we got the room BEFORE the Orlando informer, (back when they had the buy 3 get 2 days free deal) do you think Universal would also perhaps discount the room up to 30%? I have a preferred pass and that didn't seem to help with the room cost.

Either way looking forward to the trip. Even reach out to the infamous Tony Hind and working on setting up our transportation for Nov 15th-Nov19th!
Pretty sure the OI room discounts are sold out. Don't know what you paid for the room, but AP rates for your dates are now out, so you could apply them.

TUESDAY, NOV 15, 2022 — SATURDAY, NOV 19, 2022​

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel​

Annual Passholder Rate
Garden View 2 Queen Room
Nov 15$347.10
Nov 16$347.10
Nov 17$347.10
Nov 18$430.50

TAXES​

Occupancy Tax$88.31
State Tax$95.67
Subtotal$1,655.78
Deposit$390.50
Remaining Amount$1,265.28
TOTAL$1,655.78
YOU SAVED$704.20

Pretty sure the OI room discounts are sold out. Don't know what you paid for the room, but AP rates for your dates are now out, so you could apply them.

Annual Passholder Rate
Garden View 2 Queen Room
Nov 15$347.10
Nov 16$347.10
Nov 17$347.10
Nov 18$430.50

TAXES​

Occupancy Tax$88.31
State Tax$95.67
Subtotal$1,655.78
Deposit$390.50
TOTAL$1,655.78
YOU SAVED$704.20

OT…….

But the baby in your avatar is so beautiful! You must be so proud :flower3:

Annual Passholder Rate
Garden View 2 Queen Room
Nov 15$347.10
Nov 16$347.10
Nov 17$347.10
Nov 18$430.50

TAXES​

Occupancy Tax$88.31
State Tax$95.67
Subtotal$1,655.78
Deposit$390.50
TOTAL$1,655.78
YOU SAVED$704.20
I just wanted to drop a note that I DID give universal a call and they did price compare this with what I have already….I guess I got the best deal I could get because even with the annual pass discount the deal I already have was better by about 100 bucks lol.

I do appreciate the info though! Now just gotta see how much money I can save up for food and souvenirs ;)

Is there somewhere at PBR that I can pick up my annual pass? I booked an AP rate so I assume I have to have it already before checking in.

Is there somewhere at PBR that I can pick up my annual pass? I booked an AP rate so I assume I have to have it already before checking in.
Yes. Every on-site UO hotel has a ticket desk in their lobby (or in vicinity of lobby) where you can pick up your APs which is very convenient. Hotel ticket desk hours are on average 7am-7pm although that has maybe changed since we last used them. Things could’ve changed, but we were told at one point that we just had to show our AP before checking out.

Hi. We have a Deluxe 2 queen room reserved, We are wondering what are the chances that we will get a balcony? Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day!

Hi. We have a Deluxe 2 queen room reserved, We are wondering what are the chances that we will get a balcony? Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day!
Hi. I probably should have read through this thread. I read the answer to my question a dozen times and then some. So, there aren't many rooms with balconies, Deluxe 2 Queen Rooms are included in the very few rooms with balconies. Don't expect a room with a balcony. I wish everyone great vacation planning, and a great vacation. Have a great day!

The answer is it depends on a lot of factors, but there are some ways to increase your chances. And as you have noted, not very many rooms have balconies, so in general, your chances aren't that great in any situation.

1. When are you going? The more crowded the hotel, the more likely the balcony rooms will already be taken. So go during slower times to increase your chances.
  2. Do you have any any "view" requirements? If you want to be in a specific hotel wing or have a specific view, then that lessens your chances.
  3. There are 2 types of balconies (Juliette and Full). Do you want only one type or would either be acceptable? Being flexible with either type should help your chances.
  4. It has been a few years since I last received a balcony room, but they used to not let you pre-request it. You had to request it at check-in. I'd suggest checking in as early as you possibly can (i.e. 6am-7am if possible.) That would give you a better chance at being the 1st person to request for that day. Note that this step has worked very nicely for me in the past, but be willing to wait a while for your room to become available. If you want or need your room earlier in the day, then don't expect to also get a balcony.
  5. I don't know exactly how they decide whom to give a balcony room to, but the 2 times I was able to get a balcony room, I not only checked-in very early, but also had reserved Club Access (which automatically comes with a Deluxe room.) I don't know if that helps or not, but they might earmark those with Club access for higher priority to get a balcony over those who just reserve a Deluxe room. But I'm speculating on this one. So don't take it as a given.

The answer is it depends on a lot of factors, but there are some ways to increase your chances. And as you have noted, not very many rooms have balconies, so in general, your chances aren't that great in any situation.

1. When are you going? The more crowded the hotel, the more likely the balcony rooms will already be taken. So go during slower times to increase your chances.
  2. Do you have any any "view" requirements? If you want to be in a specific hotel wing or have a specific view, then that lessens your chances.
  3. There are 2 types of balconies (Juliette and Full). Do you want only one type or would either be acceptable? Being flexible with either type should help your chances.
  4. It has been a few years since I last received a balcony room, but they used to not let you pre-request it. You had to request it at check-in. I'd suggest checking in as early as you possibly can (i.e. 6am-7am if possible.) That would give you a better chance at being the 1st person to request for that day. Note that this step has worked very nicely for me in the past, but be willing to wait a while for your room to become available. If you want or need your room earlier in the day, then don't expect to also get a balcony.
  5. I don't know exactly how they decide whom to give a balcony room to, but the 2 times I was able to get a balcony room, I not only checked-in very early, but also had reserved Club Access (which automatically comes with a Deluxe room.) I don't know if that helps or not, but they might earmark those with Club access for higher priority to get a balcony over those who just reserve a Deluxe room. But I'm speculating on this one. So don't take it as a given.
Thanks so much for your very detailed and well explained answer. I have been checking each day for a club level room to open so I guess trying to get a balcony and/or club level go hand in hand........ in a way. Portofino is pretty much fully booked for our dates (August13-20), so we're super excited to have a room at this fine Resort! Have a great day!

Can anyone tell me about the self service laundry at Portofino? Where is it located? How large (is it easy to get machines)? Do the machines take credit cards?

Hi what's the best place for breakfast in Portofino?

Also, is there a place to get soft serve ice cream in the hotel?

Thanks, Marina
I don’t remember the name of the breakfast place but it was not too far from the Starbucks that was at the bottom of one wing it was at the bottom of I would say the middle building with an outside entrance also not far from the boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter