PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Is anyone staying or has stayed at Universal Portofino lately? We are headed there in a few weeks and noticed that the Portifono hotel prices are quite low so I am wondering what the catch is? Are there issues with rooms or lots of closures? Usually Royal Pacific is where we stay but the rate for AP Portifono is quite lower and that’s not typical so considering staying there, but wondering if there is low demand because of something I don’t know about......seems “too good” of a deal

I was wondering the same. Trying to decide between Portofino and HRH for two nights in August and was wondering why the rates are so dirt cheap. Even cheaper than HRH which is unusual. I'm wondering if it may be due to the "not so great" reviews I've been reading on Trip Advisor. I'm a little weary.

I was wondering the same. Trying to decide between Portofino and HRH for two nights in August and was wondering why the rates are so dirt cheap. Even cheaper than HRH which is unusual. I'm wondering if it may be due to the "not so great" reviews I've been reading on Trip Advisor. I'm a little weary.

We just stayed for 4 nights at the end of March and had a great time; I had zero issues with the hotel. I requested the West Wing, which I got, and it was super convenient to the boat dock. We loved having the Starbucks right there in the morning, and the gelateria in the afternoon (they have happy hour every day 2-4!). We ate at Sal's and it was very good. I love the Italian theming. We usually took the boat in the morning, and walked back to the hotel. The walk was exactly 10 minutes; we took advice from this board and walked through the parking lot of Hard Rock.

PB rates are low now as they want to fill them up

I booked RP months ago and their rates are high now because many are being booked

Hotel rates can lower when bookings slack off

Keep an eye on the rates as changes can happen when bookings drop

We just booked for our first stay at Portofino. :dogdance:
We usually stay at Hard Rock in a Deluxe King room but I really wanted to try somewhere new. We went with a 1-Bedroom Portofino Suite. Does anyone know where those rooms are located?

Anyone have a map or link to the shortcut through HRH parking?

I think I found a map somewhere in this thread, but if you look on Google maps, you can see where instead of taking the walking path, you stay on the path to go up to Universal Blvd, and cross at the light. Then walk a little ways and enter the parking lot on your right. Just follow that straight through, and you come out at the security check right next to Universal Studios. You can check your progress on the maps app as you go to make sure you are on the right track. It probably saved 5 minutes, but when you are tired at the end of the day, every minute counts!

Anyone have a map or link to the shortcut through HRH parking?
When is your trip? I’ll be there 5/27-29.

I had seen that map took forever to find it again.

!st stay there and I am trying to figure everything out.

That map I posted above with resort layout is a godsend!

I wish there were current cl info. I might get stuck with that duty?

ps I recognize you from wdw resorts board👍

We are going 4/24-27 then hopefully again at the end of June before our blackout period. In April it’s RPR but I’m looking forward to trying Portofino! You’ll have to report back and tell me all you learn about it so I can be prepared!!!

I just saw that PBH has one-bedroom suites with 2 queens. Are these new? Or just weren't available during my past visits? They are not by any chance Club rooms? Do they still let you add club at check-in, if available?

Thanks.

We just stayed for 4 nights at the end of March and had a great time; I had zero issues with the hotel. I requested the West Wing, which I got, and it was super convenient to the boat dock. We loved having the Starbucks right there in the morning, and the gelateria in the afternoon (they have happy hour every day 2-4!). We ate at Sal's and it was very good. I love the Italian theming. We usually took the boat in the morning, and walked back to the hotel. The walk was exactly 10 minutes; we took advice from this board and walked through the parking lot of Hard Rock.

Did you have a standard or club room?

We have a standard room booked but I put a request to be on the West Wing. I'm hoping that that room category is available on that side.

Did you have a standard or club room?

We have a standard room booked but I put a request to be on the West Wing. I'm hoping that that room category is available on that side.

We had a standard, garden view. I requested West Wing, and I think they might have upgraded us. I've never stayed there before, but we could see the boat pull up from our window and looked out over the water, so I think we got Bay View. It was a great room.

I saw an old blog about PBH from a few years ago mentioning cabanas at the beach pool at PBH. Do they still offer them or is that something that went away a while ago or with Covid? It's hard to do a search for "cabana" because only results come up about the hotel or cabanas at Volcano Bay.

My daughter has to take an online final exam while we will be staying at Portofino next month. Is the complimentary wifi reliable in the rooms? She will have to have a camera on her while she takes the exam.

Be careful of the online exams. In addition to the WiFi you will need a secure connection for most of the Systems that use them. Unless the teacher has it through zoom and is just watching them. At Royal Pacific we had WiFi but the school system would not recognize it as secure So we couldn’t access certain systems. Next time I will see if there is an upgrade option, or I will purchase additional data and turn my cell phone into a hotspot or purchase a mobile hotspot/jet pack. Other option could be to try to take it early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter