PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Anyone know if there are rooms that have entrances to the pool deck, or very close to an entrance to the pool deck? Ideal would be something like sliding doors that lead out to the pool or an entrance to the pool - no stairs, no long hallways, no elevators.

We have two "garden view 2 queen" rooms this weekend with the annual passholder rate. Does anybody have any idea what or where these rooms might be?

We stayed here 2 years ago in a parlor suite and it was absolutely horrible. Mold and water damage on the ceiling (3' x 4' area), blood stains on the mattress (when we checked for bugs), and missing decor & amenities. They were overbooked and didn't have another room to give us so we had to stay there. Front desk was insultingly not helpful when we told them we have a severely asthmatic family member with a mold sensitivity. We think it was supposed to be a rehab room but was hastily put into service when they overbooked. When bell services delevered our bags, he was shocked and kept saying he had never seen them give a room out in so bad a shape.

We said we would never go back but the AP rate with the express pass was too good of a deal to pass up. Now we are nervous.

Our garden view 2 queens almost two years ago were clean and comfortable. The only problem is the hot water stopped working, but it was fixed the same day.

We have two "garden view 2 queen" rooms this weekend with the annual passholder rate. Does anybody have any idea what or where these rooms might be?

We stayed here 2 years ago in a parlor suite and it was absolutely horrible. Mold and water damage on the ceiling (3' x 4' area), blood stains on the mattress (when we checked for bugs), and missing decor & amenities. They were overbooked and didn't have another room to give us so we had to stay there. Front desk was insultingly not helpful when we told them we have a severely asthmatic family member with a mold sensitivity. We think it was supposed to be a rehab room but was hastily put into service when they overbooked. When bell services delevered our bags, he was shocked and kept saying he had never seen them give a room out in so bad a shape.

We said we would never go back but the AP rate with the express pass was too good of a deal to pass up. Now we are nervous.

Garden view can be anything that isn't a pool view or a bay view. We've had many and some were gorgeous. We've never had anything like you've described. I hope they gave you some compensation for that!

Great stay this weekend! Rooms were standard queens but were in great shape with all of the nice stuff that PBR offers. Great front desk and bell services. God response with requests for extra linens and bottled water. Also used their room service for breakfast one morning and everything arrived as expected.

We had an issue with Mears transportation (going to WDW for the day with a personal ECV) and bell services were awesome to help us get a new connection. In that process, I casually tipped him for his help (as is our usual response for their help) and he was extremely grateful. In the subsequent discussion, I discovered that they are still not allowed to do valet and so they aren't getting their usual tips. So, everyone, please remember them appropriately when you use their services.

Great stay this weekend! Rooms were standard queens but were in great shape with all of the nice stuff that PBR offers. Great front desk and bell services. God response with requests for extra linens and bottled water. Also used their room service for breakfast one morning and everything arrived as expected.

We had an issue with Mears transportation (going to WDW for the day with a personal ECV) and bell services were awesome to help us get a new connection. In that process, I casually tipped him for his help (as is our usual response for their help) and he was extremely grateful. In the subsequent discussion, I discovered that they are still not allowed to do valet and so they aren't getting their usual tips. So, everyone, please remember them appropriately when you use their services.

Good to hear you had such a good stay at PBH.

And a very good point about lack of valet since the hotels re-opened and how it affects the guys who help you.

Thanks for reporting back with such a positive report.

Has anyone booked PBH through Amex Travel Fine Hotels & Resorts with platinum card? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it with the included breakfast and experience credit when I may be able to get a better rate without it. If anyone has any info on that I appreciate your help. Thank you!

Has anyone booked PBH through Amex Travel Fine Hotels & Resorts with platinum card? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it with the included breakfast and experience credit when I may be able to get a better rate without it. If anyone has any info on that I appreciate your help. Thank you!
When I looked a while back, it was much cheaper to use an APH rate. But I'm sure it depends on your dates...

Does anyone know if PFB's club level food offerings are the same as in the past, or is it a reduced selection. Also, are they serving the food, instead of everyone using the same serving utensils?

Does anyone know if PFB's club level food offerings are the same as in the past, or is it a reduced selection. Also, are they serving the food, instead of everyone using the same serving utensils?
I too would like to know what is being served in the Club Level lounges now as well. I inquired last week and was told

"We are excited you are interested in spending your upcoming vacation with us! I am pleased to share the Club Level is open and available for our Guests to enjoy throughout the day. However, for the safety of our Guests, the food options will be pre-packaged."

Anyone willing to post pictures of the club level offerings?

We are excited for our first stay at Portofino Bay, coming up spring break week at the end of March. I know it will be insanely crowded, but hoping the EP will make it not so bad.

Can someone answer a couple hotel related questions:

I'd love to get a Starbucks each morning as we leave for the day; does that Starbucks do mobile order?

What time should we leave the hotel to be at or near the front of the for the early admission which will start at 7:00am?

What time do boats start running?

Are they distancing on the boats, and does this result in long waits? I have heard issues with this at Disney, with busses running with just a few families.

We are one adult and three teenagers. Should we just walk in the morning? I know we can handle it, but would rather save steps at the beginning of the day.

Can we eat a muffin while we walk? Or is that a no-go due to make requirement?

I was thinking one morning we could hit early entry at 7:00 at Universal, and then early entry at 9:30 at Volcano Bay. Would this work? Is there transportation from Universal to Volcano Bay?

Thanks for any input!

If you are talking about on the walking path to the parks, then this should be no problem. At that time of morning it will be rare for anyone to be walking towards you. When we were there in August we pulled our masks down while on the walking path, and then pulled them back up if anyone was approaching from the opposite direction.

We are excited for our first stay at Portofino Bay, coming up spring break week at the end of March. I know it will be insanely crowded, but hoping the EP will make it not so bad.

Can someone answer a couple hotel related questions:

I'd love to get a Starbucks each morning as we leave for the day; does that Starbucks do mobile order?

What time should we leave the hotel to be at or near the front of the for the early admission which will start at 7:00am?

What time do boats start running?

Are they distancing on the boats, and does this result in long waits? I have heard issues with this at Disney, with busses running with just a few families.

We are one adult and three teenagers. Should we just walk in the morning? I know we can handle it, but would rather save steps at the beginning of the day.

I was thinking one morning we could hit early entry at 7:00 at Universal, and then early entry at 9:30 at Volcano Bay. Would this work? Is there transportation from Universal to Volcano Bay?

Thanks for any input!

Boats start one hour before EE begins. They still run as regularly as before.

I`d walk if I was you, it can be just as quick if there isn`t a boat waiting. Cut through the HRH parking lot. Takes about 15 minutes, so not too long.

You can eat a muffin while walking, you`ll have your masks on by the time you reach the security check point.

Anyone been there recently and can say what’s going on in terms of activities/ entertainment? Did they resume the little concerts when they reopened? Any other touches to set it apart from a regular hotel?

We'll be staying at the Portofino during NCAA March Madness and we're hoping to catch some games in our downtime. Are there TVs located at the outdoor/pool bars?

Is this resort on the Universal or islands of adventure side? Thanks.
IOA, Studios, Hard Rock Hotel, and Portofino are on the same side of the canal, and are spaced in the order mentioned.
On the opposite side of the canal you have Sapphire Falls, Royal Pacific, and CityWalk.
CityWalk is located directly across the canal from the gates to the 2 parks.

I thought we are set with our decision to stay at RPR...but now I read more about Portofino...

Are there any King Club Rooms? I checked several dates and there is only Club Queen Rooms

We'll be staying at the Portofino during NCAA March Madness and we're hoping to catch some games in our downtime. Are there TVs located at the outdoor/pool bars?
Last I was there, there was one TV at the Beach Pool. Another great place to watch would be The Thirsty Fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter