Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone stayed in a royal room? My TA found a discount for us if we moved to one so I went with it. Just wondering the proximity to the main building.

It's just a 2 or 3 minute walk over the footbridge between Oak or Parterre Place to the lobby. If you are staying in a standard room closer to the parking lot add on another 2 or 3 minutes. But the proximity was better then we anticipated. :goodvibes

Has anyone stayed in a royal room? My TA found a discount for us if we moved to one so I went with it. Just wondering the proximity to the main building.

Yeah the farthest room maybe 3-4 minutes walk. But if you ask to be as close to the foot bridge as possible so you can have quick access to main building area.

Yeah the farthest room maybe 3-4 minutes walk.

You might be able to jog the 500 or so yards from the most remote Royal rooms to the foot court in 3-4 mins, but I'm guessing the average person might take a bit longer in the Florida heat... :)

Andre

Thanks! We're in a garden room in feb and it's only for 2 nights before our cruise so I'm not too worried :)

Just booked POR for January with GP discount. Only pool view in regular room was available, no garden view.
Now to wait for AP discounts!! :cool1::cool1:

Just booked POR for January with GP discount. Only pool view in regular room was available, no garden view.
Now to wait for AP discounts!! :cool1::cool1:

Same here. Booked GP and waiting on AP, too. I bet AP will be very limited, if the past is any indication.

i have requested the mansions garden view because i hate the other side is their a room request bside royal that will gi ve me a better chance of not getting the rustic side? Thank you

Hi guys. I have a very broad question. My SO and I will be traveling to Florida in February with a stop off at WDW the first 3 days. He wants to stay at POR as I've only ever been to CBR. There is a lot of info on this thread. Is there anything specific I need to know? Any definite things we need to do around the resort and any rooms better than others? I'm going to try to book a king room but I have no other ideas about the resort. I'm trying to catch up on the thread and I've been over to the other site.

Any help you can give is so much appreciated!

TIA :)

Buzznina, I see your an ex Michigander. I'm a yooper and my best friend ( also a yooper from childhood) lives in Niceville 10 min. From the beach. Small world.

Your way up there. LOL I am a Detroiter and we live south of Niceville but I work in Valp which is right next to Niceville. Sometimes it does feelp like a small world:thumbsup2

We were there Oct 10-15. I had about the polar opposite experience as Venomhatch.

The majority of the buses were pretty crowded. It was a running joke with my family that when you are leaving a park you didn't need to know what # station to be at for the Riverside resort because you could just look for the large crowd.
I understand that RS and FQ share buses. I'm sure that makes sense. But something just doesn't make sense. Leaving MK the Riverside station had a ton of people waiting while the FQ station had zero. And the driver was there so we walked over to ask him if he could go to RS. Of course, he said no.
So, we waited... and waited. First bus was full so we got on the second. And wouldn't you know it, it went through FQ.

Another time, the Riverside but went to FQ first (forget what park we were coming from) and the driver didn't announce where we were. It was dark and I had no idea. One of the passengers mentioned it was South so we got off. We were at FQ. :mad: Now, someone else mentioned a nice 10 minute stroll to get to RS. At 11PM with 2 tired kids and a hungry wife in the dark not knowing exactly how to get to RS, I was ticked.
Of course, we stayed at FQ yars ago so I remembered the boat. It got us to RS but at least 30 minutes later than we should have. Now, i fully understand this was partially bad info from another person on the bus but the driver should have made the announcement himself.

Sorry about the issues:sad2: We have taken the other resort bus a couple of times when one was full while the other was not. If we are staying at POR and take the bus to POFQ, I will run into the FC to get some beinets for the walk back to POR:goodvibes I know the last we went the resort was announced by the buses automatic message player. I wonder if that changed.

de8212 said:
We were there Oct 10-15. I had about the polar opposite experience as Venomhatch.

The majority of the buses were pretty crowded. It was a running joke with my family that when you are leaving a park you didn't need to know what # station to be at for the Riverside resort because you could just look for the large crowd.
I understand that RS and FQ share buses. I'm sure that makes sense. But something just doesn't make sense. Leaving MK the Riverside station had a ton of people waiting while the FQ station had zero. And the driver was there so we walked over to ask him if he could go to RS. Of course, he said no.
So, we waited... and waited. First bus was full so we got on the second. And wouldn't you know it, it went through FQ.

Another time, the Riverside but went to FQ first (forget what park we were coming from) and the driver didn't announce where we were. It was dark and I had no idea. One of the passengers mentioned it was South so we got off. We were at FQ. :mad: Now, someone else mentioned a nice 10 minute stroll to get to RS. At 11PM with 2 tired kids and a hungry wife in the dark not knowing exactly how to get to RS, I was ticked.
Of course, we stayed at FQ yars ago so I remembered the boat. It got us to RS but at least 30 minutes later than we should have. Now, i fully understand this was partially bad info from another person on the bus but the driver should have made the announcement himself.

When we were at FQ last month we barely had a line at the bus stop, BUT we complained because Riverside would have 2 buses come for every 1 we had. Plus, we had to share buses on the way back from every park but MK. Only the HS bus dropped us off first. I am not sure it matters which resort you stay at... both have pros and cons. The grass isn't greener on the French Quarter side ;)

Thanks for the video!
We booked a Royal Suite for December 5-11 to suprise our daughter:) I can't wait!
We go every couple of years since we were married in Disney and go back to celebrate our anniversary, so we are always looking for something different!

Just got back today and we had such a great time and over POR. No transportation issues whatsoever.. I think the longest we waited was 15 minutes.
Stayed in building 16 and loved it.
Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice

Booked our stay in a Royal Pool View Room for the week after xmas including New Years. Any request I should make to be the closest to the foot bridge to the main building? Can someone put this walk into perspective for me? We have stayed in the Villas at the GF. Is the walk from the villas to the main building about the same as the Royal rooms to the main building at POR??

Also- which bus stop do we use? I am a little worried about the bus situation during the week of xmas/new years. Any advice on this??

I am back and forth between the WL and POR. This is our first moderate stay since we are DVC members but I think my girls will love the Royal rooms and I am excited to try something different. Since WL pool is down right now and not really sure when it will open the nod goes to POR...especially with the price!

Thanks for any info you can provide. Just hoping I am making the right decision!:santa:

We are a family of 5, traveling with another family of 5. How fast do the alligator bayou rooms fill up? Planning summer 2015, I'm feeling the need to book and the other adults don't feel the rush.

Also are rooms with a door between an option in that section?

Thank you!!!

We are a family of 5, traveling with another family of 5. How fast do the alligator bayou rooms fill up? Planning summer 2015, I'm feeling the need to book and the other adults don't feel the rush.

Also are rooms with a door between an option in that section?

Thank you!!!

Yes they are. We just got back and had requested a connecting room. We ended up being next to each other but not connecting which was fine.

We loved the Alligator Bayou and my 6 year old loved the Murphy bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter