Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you can only have one "infant" in a room. If you have more than one they count towards the person count in the room. In AB you can definitely have 6 people as long as one of them is an infant. My friend is doing that.

This is correct. Only one infant doesn't count.

Www.disneyflorist.com has lots of great gifts to have sent to the room. From what I've read here on the DIS, it can't be put in your room AT check-in but anytime after. So maybe have it sent while at MK, so when they return they see it in the room after their magical day. A few weeks back we were at WDW celebrating DH birthday and we had a voicemail In the room from Mickey, that would be fun for the kids!

We are here now and had two deliveries from Disney Florist, and someone has to be in the room for them to deliver it to your room.

DH is the worst sleeper, could hear a fly walk across the floor, so that's why we requested upper floor near corner. Otherwise, he would've collapsed by day 2 with no sleep! :) I figured it couldn't hurt to ask, but I never would've known HOW to go about that without the help of this forum!:thumbsup2

Just a forewarning, you might want to bring a sound machine. That's what we did and I am so glad we did! The AC unit in the room is really loud and if you're late sleepers you will definitely have kiddos running by your window, excited to start their day!

We are here now and had two deliveries from Disney Florist, and someone has to be in the room for them to deliver it to your room.

If that is true, than the ad on the website is very misleading! It clearly talks about being suprised when you return from the parks:

"
09-4086AA:letter-i.gif
magine approaching your Walt Disney World® Resort room and discovering a “surprise” door sash, announcing a magical moment has been prepared just for you by Mickey Mouse and the gang.
When you return to your room after a fun-filled day at the parks, you discover large, colorful packages that have your name on them..."
:confused3
Is it possible the hotel could let them in the room? It completely defeats the ability to suprise if I have to leave my wife at the parks and come back and wait for a delivery!

Triple sheeting question.
Will mousekeeping give me two extra sheets so I can do my own triple sheeting?
I hate those comforters and will place ours in the drawers for our stay

Pretty disappointed in mousekeeping. I always leave a tip and a nice note for our moisekeeper. This morning I left a generous tip and asked for some extra shampoo and conditioner. Not only did we not get extra, they didn't even replenish what we had used. Those tiny little bottles are just not enough for three people. When you come in at 1:15am after a long day in the parks, you don't want to call and ask for more shampoo and conditioner and have to wait on it.

If that is true, than the ad on the website is very misleading! It clearly talks about being suprised when you return from the parks:

"
magine approaching your Walt Disney World® Resort room and discovering a “surprise” door sash, announcing a magical moment has been prepared just for you by Mickey Mouse and the gang.
When you return to your room after a fun-filled day at the parks, you discover large, colorful packages that have your name on them..."
Is it possible the hotel could let them in the room? It completely defeats the ability to suprise if I have to leave my wife at the parks and come back and wait for a delivery!
I had a bouqet of flowers delivered to our room for an anniversary surprise for my wife one year, and they were in the room when we got back from the park. That being said, there are some deliveries that include alcohol, or other restricted items where an adult must be in the room or they will not leave them. If you looks at the more info link, on some of the celebrations you will see this

By Florida law, alcohol deliveries require a photo ID and signature by the guest, for the safety of minors. However, there’s no need to worry, if the guest is not in their room at the time of delivery, the resort will leave a message on their phone and they can just call the front desk when they return

"

Disney Florist will be able to have access to the room once it shows up on the computer as available.

It is not like they have to go to the front desk, like if you use an off-site services Like Memories by Betsy. They all work for the same person and most likely have a master key card to get in all of the resort rooms.

Just like where I work, in facilities management, we have 24/7 access to all of our buildings to gain access by master key card.

Pretty disappointed in mousekeeping. I always leave a tip and a nice note for our moisekeeper. This morning I left a generous tip and asked for some extra shampoo and conditioner. Not only did we not get extra, they didn't even replenish what we had used. Those tiny little bottles are just not enough for three people. When you come in at 1:15am after a long day in the parks, you don't want to call and ask for more shampoo and conditioner and have to wait on it.

This happened to me when I was on a cruise ship; I left a note and didn't receive what I was looking for.

The cabin steward was Russian and did not read English; he could speak a bit.

It is better to call; since many of the housekeepers there are spanish speaking and may not have a full command of the english written language.

Triple sheeting question.
Will mousekeeping give me two extra sheets so I can do my own triple sheeting?
I hate those comforters and will place ours in the drawers for our stay

Yes, just call from your room phone.

We were the same way about pillows; I had three friends join me one year. We all like to sleep with double pillows and they were pretty flat that year - the newer ones are better.

We asked for six more pillows and they brought them while we were in the parks.

I just realized that I haven't stayed in a hotel in literally 15 years! Can someone refresh me on tipping etiquette please? I thought the tip was left at the end of the stay for housekeeping, not day by day? And how much per day?

Also we are planning on carrying our own bags. Will a bellman (bellwoman?) show us to our room anyway? Do we tip if we carry our own bags? If so, how much?

Have I left anyone out?

I just realized that I haven't stayed in a hotel in literally 15 years! Can someone refresh me on tipping etiquette please? I thought the tip was left at the end of the stay for housekeeping, not day by day? And how much per day?

Also we are planning on carrying our own bags. Will a bellman (bellwoman?) show us to our room anyway? Do we tip if we carry our own bags? If so, how much?

Have I left anyone out?

You should tip daily because you might not have the same housekeeper every day. Typically people tip $1 per person per day. No one shows you to your room at the values or moderates. (I'm not sure about the deluxes because I've only done deluxe once and that was 10 years ago.)

"

We were just there in May. We checked into our room and went to Epcot. When we got back the room had been decorated and a gift left (it was Mother's Day). My husband said that he just had to text Disney florist the room number. It was great!!:goodvibes

Have I left anyone out?

You should tip daily; about $1.00 per person, since the same person may not be doing your room every day.

Guest services is located at the front of the resort next to the lobby door. If you carry your own bags, you will go to your room when it is ready. They will give you the room number via text if it is not ready, or will tell you at check-in if it is. They will circle which building you are in; you will follow the signs for blocks of numbers at that building until you wind around and find your room.

You also might want to take Andre's maps, for the exact locations of the rooms. It can be confusing the first time.

If you ask to be taken to the room, they will take your in a golf cart and you should tip about $1.00 per bag.

Have I left anyone out?

This is not popular to state but Mousekeepers are not a tipped position, if you want to tip, some leave daily tips because your room attendant may change during your stay..$1-2 per person per day.

We always tip our bellhop/driver based on the pieces of luggage we have, usually $5. Tip is already added in for room service...I have tipped in the past for room cleaning service (honestly from the fact I would be perceived as inconsiderate), but do not plan on tipping this upcoming trip..the crazy rate for hotel prices also include the higher pay rates they receive over tipped positions...they do not change sheets daily, we leave our room neat, and in this economy, free dining no longer including the tip, any extra goes to tips for servers which are considered tipped positions. Just being honest.

So I am checking in for the last time, before leaving tomorrow night for the big drive from DE.

I decided to take tomorrow off, to get some last minute things done at home - we also have a wicked storm coming today - and I might have to call a contractor in the morning for some repairs.

We should be arriving something around 10:00 am or so on Saturday. We are rotating two drivers all through the night - on nothing but adrenalin and the fact that after two years of planning - we are on our way.

I hope to bump into a few people - and I cannot wait to see Todd at the lounge. I am sure I will be ready for a glass of wine the first night.

Wishing everyone safe travels that is going to check-in this weekend! Hope to see you there.

This is not popular to state but Mousekeepers are not a tipped position, if you want to tip, some leave daily tips because your room attendant may change during your stay..$1-2 per person per day.

We always tip our bellhop/driver based on the pieces of luggage we have, usually $5. Tip is already added in for room service...I have tipped in the past for room cleaning service (honestly from the fact I would be perceived as inconsiderate), but do not plan on tipping this upcoming trip..the crazy rate for hotel prices also include the higher pay rates they receive over tipped positions...they do not change sheets daily, we leave our room neat, and in this economy, free dining no longer including the tip, any extra goes to tips for servers which are considered tipped positions. Just being honest.

Amen.

I usually tip in the beginning, and then the service turns out to be total crap. (Housekeeping) We seem to have had a lot of trouble with them at Disney resorts.

Room tips are generally considered to be around $1 per person/night, but from Disney's point of view it is "Tipping Optional" (i.e. they won't refuse it, but shouldn't expect it either). We always try to tip daily, as the regular maid could be off-shift on the day you leave.

If you carry your own bags, they generally won't send anyone with you (they have hundreds of checkins a day) they'll just show you where your room is on a map.

Andre

we tipped $5 a day they were great. towel animals every day extra shampoo my 4 year old slept in the fold down bed and wanted another blaket so we gave her one off the other beds mousekeeping saw this and left us another blanket. maybe we were just luckey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter