Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigmac5 said:
My hubby and I have been back from POR for a week and I am starting to plan for my next Disney vacation in 2016 with my GF when we both celebrate special birthdays. I think I have convinced her to stay at POR over the values--we want so save some money, but to me POR is worth it

We are planning on going end of Oct and first part of Nov to get in both Halloween and Christmas. I have never been to Florida then but I assume it is still warm--Am I correct?

That depends! As a floridian I know it can be diff every year. There is definitely a possibility of cold fronts @ that time but other than that I'd say 80s lower hopefully but i need a sweater around 78 lol. I have gone trick or treating and froze but more often than not its still warm

This is the time of year where it also gets cooler @ night I was talking day time temps!

Got my Mickey Mail today!!! YAY!!! Guess the Magic Bands will be next...Cant wait. Its getting harder and harder to keep this a secret!!!

Sometimes it's nice to get a surprise if your mind is not set on anything in particular - maybe just add a simple request for a "pleasant view", or add "reasonably close to main buildings" if you wish, and see what happens?

Andre

Thanks. How will I ever decide? A month ago I didn't like the decor in AB, but it's growing on me every time I look at pictures.

Complicating factor is that I'm running the TOT on our second night, and going by how I feel today after a 10K I'm vaguely wishing I'd booked Preferred! :) On the other hand, walking it out is good for me.

Thank u! Just seeing if i will acclimate tome zones and planning for runs in anticipation of the TOT.

Oh wow, so you decided to get to town early and get acclimated? We (I) chose to get to town on the 4th and use the time change from pacific to my advantage. It'll feel like 7 to me, and that's just about when I'm running at home anyway, so I'm crossing fingers it works for me! Also lets DS be up WAY later without feeling too ghastly at the party.

Hang in there illuminatedillusions. I will take up your banner for solo adult travel to Disney when I get there on Oct. 27! Just 40 more days!!!

It's the only way to travel!! I think the folks dragging the whole family around are secretly jealous of our freedom! :)

P.S. Check out the Solo and Adult Travelers board. There are lots of us solo travelers!

For those there last week or this week, how full does the resort feel? Just curious since some folks may have switched to POR since they are testing out the Magic Bands.

Dan

I've never been before, but it doesn't feel that crowded at all to me.

My hubby and I have been back from POR for a week and I am starting to plan for my next Disney vacation in 2016 with my GF when we both celebrate special birthdays. I think I have convinced her to stay at POR over the values--we want so save some money, but to me POR is worth it

We are planning on going end of Oct and first part of Nov to get in both Halloween and Christmas. I have never been to Florida then but I assume it is still warm--Am I correct?

I was there last year at that time and it was in the 80s every day. I will also be there in a month and will update. However, if you are going to be there end of October and early November, you aren't going to get to see Christmas -- they don't start setting up for that until Thanksgiving.

Tom

So went to Hollywood studios today! Loved it (except for waiting an hour to go to the park and 3 buses come at the same time!)

Loved tower of terror that I came back to POR to change my fastpass plus online for this evening to have another go!

I was so terrified and these two lovely teenagers were in the queue with me and said I was with them so they could sit with me and make sure I got through it! Rock n' Roller Coaster was way worse but still went on it twice!

Have fastpasses for this evening for the two and Fantasmic!

Also the bridge by the food court to the pool is closed...anyone know when it will be back open?

Anyone know the odds of getting a table at Boatwrights without a reservation? We dont have a ADR but may want to walk in since it is at our resort?

What do people usually use for storage needs in the AB rooms?

I have never been, our 1st time at this resort is fast approaching. I was told to get a hanging closet organizer and a collapsible clothes hamper. I found both at Target and spent around 14.00 each. They are already packed in the suitcases. Others have mentioned that because of the lack of storage space, they mostly live out of their suitcases.... We will see soon enough....

Oh wow, so you decided to get to town early and get acclimated? We (I) chose to get to town on the 4th and use the time change from pacific to my advantage. It'll feel like 7 to me, and that's just about when I'm running at home anyway, so I'm crossing fingers it works for me! Also lets DS be up WAY later without feeling too ghastly at the party.

Yeah I think your idea is better.
When i made the original ressies I guessed the wrong weekend for TOT so we had to add the extra nights and extend our vacations (I had to put in the request or not get September/October approval and just guessed wrong).

So went to Hollywood studios today! Loved it (except for waiting an hour to go to the park and 3 buses come at the same time!)

Loved tower of terror that I came back to POR to change my fastpass plus online for this evening to have another go!

I was so terrified and these two lovely teenagers were in the queue with me and said I was with them so they could sit with me and make sure I got through it! Rock n' Roller Coaster was way worse but still went on it twice!

Have fastpasses for this evening for the two and Fantasmic!

Also the bridge by the food court to the pool is closed...anyone know when it will be back open?

Glad you enjoyed HS and did the Tower (I am still a big chicken). Nice to have two friends when you had such a bummer the day before:thumbsup2

Oh my - bridge to food court is closed!!! hope that is just temporary.

I have never been, our 1st time at this resort is fast approaching. I was told to get a hanging closet organizer and a collapsible clothes hamper. I found both at Target and spent around 14.00 each. They are already packed in the suitcases. Others have mentioned that because of the lack of storage space, they mostly live out of their suitcases.... We will see soon enough....

I don't know for sure, but the bridge on the other side of the island was closed last month for 5 days for repair work on the decking, so I'm guessing this is probably the same. The workers, or the front desk, should be able to tell you - and then could you let us know? Thanks.

Andre

I will be there in 32 days:cool1: Oct 18-23. I have explained the fastpass+ to everyone I am traveling with, they don't want to do it. I kinda do which leads to my question, in Oct are we still going to be able to both fastpass+ and fastpass?

We'll be checking in at POR in 3 days!! :banana:

Called Thursday to request the Mansion side of the resort, preferably the Magnolia building, and top floor. The CM I spoke with (Debra) was really sweet. I mentioned it is my adult DD's VERY FIRST TIME at WDW so she said she would note it on our reservation, and she will get a pin to wear. :)

Does anyone know if all the refrigerators have been replaced at POR by now? It won't be a huge inconvenience if we don't have one, but I know we've always enjoyed being able to use one there in the past for drinks and snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter