Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they were discontinuing them so I grabbed hand fulls of every color and i mean every color. Just for back up ones. The guy just smiled and said take them we are discontinuing them and offered a box.

I just checked my Mickey head inventory. I have 4 of the color "sonic boom", which is fairly close to "alien green" just a bit darker. I have no life. :laughing:

She doesn't yet, but there's still time! I've got my fingers and toes crossed that we can keep it quiet! My 3year old niece heard her mom and me talking about our trip today and she kept asking if she could go too! So cute, but she loves to tell my DD secrets so it could spell trouble! I thought about adding her onto the trip, but with flight and all it would be way more than we wanted to spend to take a 3 year old who eats nothing and could ride nothing!

Uh oh, hope the 3 year old doesn't spill the beans to your DD. Yeah, it's a whole 'nother kinda trip with a 3 year old. I am just so beside myself with excitement for this trip, I wish I could leave on....well, in an hour, but I'm not packed yet so I'll change it to.... I wish I could leave this Saturday! I am just gonna burst waiting for the 14th of October.

I just checked my Mickey head inventory. I have 4 of the color "sonic boom", which is fairly close to "alien green" just a bit darker. I have no life. :laughing:

I didnt want to keep buggin this thread over those so I pmed you. But yeah I agree.

Two months away!!! I'm so excited already! I've been trying to do some planning to keep me busy. It seems to make the time go by more quickly. The only two requests I have for the resort is connecting rooms in one of the mansions. We are not real fond of the AG section. There really isn't anything wrong with them. We just prefer the others. We will be driving so location isn't really a big factor. Is there a building that isn't very "popular". I guess my logic is if we request a section that doesn't get requested as much; we are more likely to get the two things we want. I don't even know if that makes sense. Thoughts?

Venomhatch said:
I heard they were discontinuing them so I grabbed hand fulls of every color and i mean every color. Just for back up ones. The guy just smiled and said take them we are discontinuing them and offered a box.

I have a Mickey Mouse Head punch :). I also have some lime green fun foam and I plan to put one on my purse, camera bag, etc!

I have a Mickey Mouse Head punch :). I also have some lime green fun foam and I plan to put one on my purse, camera bag, etc!

Sweet I know I look for them at anywhere I am in Disney and I look for them like hidden mickeys!!!

I've finally finished tweaking the 360-degree panorama photos that I took last month (many thanks for all the patient help, David) and I've also re-done the older in-room ones to improve them a bit too. They can all be viewed directly at www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php, or the direct links to the various versions are given below.

The HQ versions are quite large, but they can be downloaded as files and stored on your computer if you want to view them regularly (right-click on the link and "Save Target As..."). If you do want to view them offline, I suggest downloading the small Stand Alone Flash Player from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp11 (scroll down that page a bit and download the "Flash Player Projector" for your operating system - e.g. the current Windows one is http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa.exe). This is much neater than viewing in a browser window, and is easier to view full-screen too (you can assign it as the default viewer program for .swf files if you wish).

Flash Player:
POR Entrance Lobby or HQ Version
POR Main Reception Lobby (Refurbished) or HQ Version
POR Royal Guest Room or HQ Version
POR Magnolia Bend Room (Refurbished) or HQ Version
POR Alligator Bayou Room (Refurbished) or HQ Version
POFQ Room (Refurbished) or HQ Version

Quicktime VR (obsolete format now, but the iPhone/iPad folks may still need these):

I think I might add these links to the FAQ post if they work OK for everyone.

Andre

Andre maintains another thread for POFQ, which is just as good as this one.

But thankfully it doesn't fill up as fast as the POR one! Time for yet another new POR thread later I think! Everyone just stop talking for a bit until I get a chance to do it! :) LOL

Any tips in which request would be best to get us the closest to the main area and bus stop?

If that's what you want, why not just ask for "close to main buildings and bus stop" and let them allocate you something suitable? There are some great locations in the northern wing of Parterre too, so asking for a specific building such as Oak might limit some other great room options.

Andre

If that's what you want, why not just ask for "close to main buildings and bus stop" and let them allocate you something suitable? There are some great locations in the northern wing of Parterre too, so asking for a specific building such as Oak might limit some other great room options.

Andre

OMG, my solo trip in 2010, I had the corner room at Parterre Place on the end of the second wing. It had a king bed at the time, because it was before the RR's.

I wasn't 30 feet off the river and NO one went past my door ever, since no one else was staying on that end. What a wonderful room that was!

I spent all my time at the resorts that year and no time at the parks, so I loved the little walk to the bridge to get to the marina. That was perfect that year, because I was less interested in getting to the food court in the morning, and more interested in getting to the front of the main building. The location could not have been better. I would hop on the water taxi around 11:00 am and go to DTD and just pick the first resort bus that came along.

I've finally finished tweaking the 360-degree panorama photos that I took last month (many thanks for all the patient help, David) and I've also re-done the older in-room ones to improve them a bit too. They can all be viewed directly at www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php, or the direct links to the various versions are given below.

The HQ versions are quite large, but they can be downloaded as files and stored on your computer if you want to view them regularly (right-click on the link and "Save Target As..."). If you do want to view them offline, I suggest downloading the small Stand Alone Flash Player from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp11 (scroll down that page a bit and download the "Flash Player Projector" for your operating system - e.g. the current Windows one is http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa.exe). This is much neater than viewing in a browser window, and is easier to view full-screen too (you can assign it as the default viewer program for .swf files if you wish).

Flash Player:

Quicktime VR (obsolete format now, but the iPhone/iPad folks may still need these:

Andre

Thank you, Andre! Those are beautiful! :) I checked out the entrance, lobby and RR :lovestruc

Flash Player:

Quicktime VR (obsolete format now, but the iPhone/iPad folks may still need these):

Andre

Impressive collection my good sir. Very nice!!!

Awesome videos, thanks for posting them!

Gosh, they really didn't leave much storage space in the bayou rooms, did they? It looks like enough space for my stuff, but no one else's!

Awesome videos, thanks for posting them!

Gosh, they really didn't leave much storage space in the bayou rooms, did they? It looks like enough space for my stuff, but no one else's!

This is my thought as well. We will be staying for 2 weeks at either POFQ or POR and I really fear where everything is going to go.

Slightly OT, but Andre, is there another FAQ in the works? We are about to hit 250 pages :flower3:

Flash Player:

Andre

Might be me but second set did not work for iPad2. Thanks for doh g this can't wait to see once on regular old-fashioned computer ;)

andrewilley said:
I just started on my second half-century on this planet this very morning :cake: --- just my luck that I gave myself a few hours off at the wrong moment. :) :) :)

Andre

Happy Birthday! At 50 , I started to subtract a year, so next year you will be 49. LOL

Yes, I mentioned that earlier, I'm going to do it when I get home in a few hours.

Everyone just stop talking in the meantime! :) :)

Andre

No rush we have went a lil over in the past with pages. It will be ok.

Hope you had a great birthday and better day today!

Originally we requested building 16 or 17 with our reservation. Now I'm thinking I should switch it to building 24 or 25 to be closer to the West bus stop. We'll have a double stroller and I think I'd like to be able to get it on an uncrowded bus easier. We're not that concerned about being close to the main building anymore either since we'll only be there for 3 nights before switching to a family suite at AoA. Should I call to change my request or just wait until on line check in to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter