POR Building Requests

Tink2312

<font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess
I have read around this topic on the boards and know there's no hard and fast answer, but I have a few queries regarding room requests:

1. Can you make your requests when making your resort reservation direct through Disney?

2. We are a party of 3 adults, is it likely we will be placed in Mansions even if we request AB? (We will be travelling in value season, will this make a difference?)

3. I know all the resorts are changing to non-smoking, but how do we find out which buildings used to be smoking optional?

Thanks for any comments :goodvibes

You will love POR. I always request a building when I make the reservation and then I fax a letter to POR three days before. We love the AB section aand I don't see why that would be a problem, we request bldg 14 or 15. CRO should be able to tell you which ones were smoking, or there might be a website.
Have fun

This is our first time staying onsite at WDW. We will arrive on the 15th of May. I was just wondering what you say in your fax and what number do you fax it to. Thank you in advance.

I am wondering the same things! :thumbsup2

eeyoresmomthree, why do you like buildings #14 and #15? It will be me, DH, and our 3 children. Are those building close to amenities/bus stops? :goodvibes

i actualy have those same questions were staying at por-riverside in november and i was wanting to know what were the newest rooms ther e or whats the best place to say in the resort?

If you were standing at the main entrance of POR a few hundred feet to your right if the main bus depot. BLDG 14 and 15 are behind this depot you have to go down a short sidewalk, across a small, unbusy parking lot to the buildings, some have parking lot view and some have garden view.

It takes about 5 minutes to get from BLDG 14 or 15 to the bus
About 7-8 minutes for a leisurely stroll to the food court/main lobby. It is a bit fo a hike to OLD MAN SWIMMING HOLE, but that is on an island and is a bit of a walk from any room. THe entire area is shady which is wonderful on a hot day.

I fax the POR main desk, I am so sorry I don't have the number but there are websites that have it or call CRO and ask them for the number.
I just state as nicely as possible that I requested Buiding 14 or 15 when I made my original reservation and I just wanted to make sure they received the information. If they have any questions regarding my request they may contact me at (phone #) or (e-mail)

I don't always make my reservations through DIZ CRO, so if I use United vacations, or Southwest vacations, I call a few weeks before and then follow up with an fax.

I have never had a problem.

As far as which rooms are the newest, we stayed at BLDG 14 last Aug and the room bathroom ahd been redone, everything was really fresh and clean

The food court at POR is great for breakfast, light lunches and snacks. Lots of choices

I have read around this topic on the boards and know there's no hard and fast answer, but I have a few queries regarding room requests:

1. Can you make your requests when making your resort reservation direct through Disney?

2. We are a party of 3 adults, is it likely we will be placed in Mansions even if we request AB? (We will be travelling in value season, will this make a difference?)

3. I know all the resorts are changing to non-smoking, but how do we find out which buildings used to be smoking optional?

Thanks for any comments :goodvibes

For Question #1. I added my request to my ressies when I called the Disney Travel Agency and they said no problem and added it to the Special Request.
Not Guarented to get my request but it's in there. We also want Mansions section and since we only have 2 Adults and 1 child (11 yrs.) I think it will be easy to get since the AB section is mostly for Families of 5.
Question #3- I had also requested Non Smoking before I had found out it was all going NS. I would think Disney will do a major Cleaning and maybe replacing of Carpet, Bedding, Wall Paper to that a Future Guest with allergys to Smoke would not have a Problem. I would not be concerned about that, Disney is watching it's back. :thumbsup2

i hope they change the carpet at least and the beds b/c i hate smoke or the slightest smell of it bothers with me. but its disney they should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter