Popcorn Question

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I have a question about popcorn at the TDR parks. Do you have to have a popcorn bucket to get the 35 cent refills? Or can you keep your box from earlier and get a refill in that? TIA!

I'm pretty sure you need to have purchased one of the keepsake popcorn buckets. I think the cheap refills are factored into the price of the buckets.

If I'm wrong, then colour me disappointed because we've never thought to get the cheap refills using the cheap / throwaway popcorn box!

35 cents?
Hmm the only refill is 500 yen and that's for all (and only for) the souvenir buckets bought in TDR.
Otherwise you have the regular "paper" box for 310 yen.

35 cents?
Hmm the only refill is 500 yen and that's for all (and only for) the souvenir buckets bought in TDR.
Otherwise you have the regular "paper" box for 310 yen.
I saw on two different vlogs on YouTube that they were 35 cent refills. That’s a bummer if they really are almost $5 for a refill

"35 cents refills" made me double check TDR site.:laughing:
The regular paper box is 350yen. Somehow someone thought 350yen= 35 cents.
Popcorn bucket refill is still listed as 500yen.
For 35 cents, my kid would be in popcorn heaven, and I don't mind paying either. :laughing:

Last edited:
"35 cents refills" made me double check TDR site.:laughing:
The regular paper box is 350yen. Somehow someone thought 350yen= 35 cents.
Popcorn bucket refill is still listed as 500yen.
For 35 cents, my kid would in popcorn heaven, and I don't mind paying either. :laughing:
Haha I can see where the confusion might’ve come from now. I would rather pay the rough $3.50 for a paper box. Why pay $5 when you can just get the paper one?

I think you get a lot more with a bucket refill. Maybe three times as much.
Which makes sense if you are paying more. We personally don't want a popcorn bucket because we know we will bring it home and it will never get used again. We bought a popcorn bucket from MNSSHP last year and it barely gets used. I think we will just plan to get the normal popcorn boxes and share between the two of us. I doubt we would want more than that anyway.

Which makes sense if you are paying more. We personally don't want a popcorn bucket because we know we will bring it home and it will never get used again. We bought a popcorn bucket from MNSSHP last year and it barely gets used. I think we will just plan to get the normal popcorn boxes and share between the two of us. I doubt we would want more than that anyway.
There were four of us trying the various flavours, but for only two it wouldn't make as much sense.

There were four of us trying the various flavours, but for only two it wouldn't make as much sense.
I think we should be okay sharing a popcorn box. Some flavors I definitely won’t like (curry, shrimp) but Dh will like them.

I am so looking forward to trying the curry and shrimp flavours! I prefer savoury popcorns. I hope they are not overly salty. :teeth:
I’m a really picky eater and don’t eat seafood lol. Dh has been on a curry/ramen kick lately for about a year now. I’m looking forward to the chocolate and blueberry popcorns

I am so looking forward to trying the curry and shrimp flavours! I prefer savoury popcorns. I hope they are not overly salty. :teeth:

Mmm...curry popcorn, my favorite! It's not too salty at all. Actually less salty than regular popcorn here. Wish I had eaten more, but lines were often long.

I’m a really picky eater and don’t eat seafood lol. Dh has been on a curry/ramen kick lately for about a year now. I’m looking forward to the chocolate and blueberry popcorns

The chocolate was a lot more subtle than I expected. I liked the honey a lot, so fragrant.

Mmm...curry popcorn, my favorite! It's not too salty at all. Actually less salty than regular popcorn here. Wish I had eaten more, but lines were often long.

The chocolate was a lot more subtle than I expected. I liked the honey a lot, so fragrant.
How’s the soy sauce? That one sounds good too! I only have one sit down meal planned and the rest will be for snacks and quick service meals. I’m a picky eater and I’ve read they don’t let you substitute or edit items on their menu. That’s gonna be a huge struggle for me. I only eat cheese pizza and only like cheese on my hamburgers

The 500 yen refill means 2x the paper cup size, and with us it goes very fast :D (a couple, no kids).
And watch out because some of the flavours, like all the food in TDR, come and go as they please, I never had the blueberry ones for example... And last November, my favorite one, tomato and herbs, was missing :(.

How’s the soy sauce? That one sounds good too! I only have one sit down meal planned and the rest will be for snacks and quick service meals. I’m a picky eater and I’ve read they don’t let you substitute or edit items on their menu. That’s gonna be a huge struggle for me. I only eat cheese pizza and only like cheese on my hamburgers
It’s true that you can’t substitute/change menu items. Japanese people really don’t understand “picky eaters” - but I don’t think you will have an issue finding food you like. Even if you can’t alter a particular item, there are so many choices that it would be really hard not to find something that suits you. There are lots of “plain” choices, non-seafood choices, vegetarian choices, etc. Restaurants are also starting to understand food allergies, but not really there yet.

Basically, while you can’t get anything custom, you also won’t be starved out :) & you can still try lots of cool things that aren’t unappetizing to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter