Pop Warner Cheerleaders???

Okay people....take a deep breath. I was there for the tail end of the Pop Warner run last Dec. I stayed, dare I say, at AllStarMusic. I hardly noticed them!!! During the day they were in competitions. At night I can't remember them being an issue in the parks. One night MGM closed a little bit early for a private party for the kids. We ate every breakfast in the food court. We did eat earlier than the kids evidently since we didn't run into them too much. Yes, they were practicing in the 'main' areas. But I never heard them at night or in the early morning. I did request the Jazz bldg, third floor on the back of the building. It was perfect. I have to say that it was the quietest stay we've had to date!!!! The kids were polite on the buses (for the most part!) They didn't shove to get in front of you in line. I may have been lucky in that I was there for their last 3 days and that's why I had so little problem with them.

As far as POR goes, it is a very spread out resort!!! I have stayed there when it has been at full capacity and you couldn't tell. The food court can get crowded but if you try to eat at off times, then it won't matter.

I really wouldn't start to panic. I'm sure that I'm not alone in not having a problem with these kids. I think that we usually only hear the horror stories!!!

vjc715 thank you so much for that info. We're booked for POFQ and I wonder if I should switch as well with the shared buses and close proximity to POR.

I feel so bad for having to pass along the information, but I wanted to know really bad for myself....so I felt others would want to know to be able to make an informed decision.

The CM said nothing about the other moderate resorts ~ just POR Riverside and the Value Resorts All Star. She made the comment that maybe I could switch to FQ side. I'm sorry I didn't ask which All Star so I could pass along more info.

Again...I called the main phone # for POR resort, got transerred to an automated attendant listing lost of sports, when I chose POP WARNER I spoke to a CM who was taking resort reservations. Since she didn't know...she put me on hold and gave me the answer I was dreading.

I personally don't want to take a chance. It may or may not be an issue, but I looked at the ages of the children and it's 8-14yrs old. Kids will be kids, but what concerned me was the large group going and what I had been reading on the boards....cheering early in the am! uggh! Although, it may have been one isolated incident.

We changed resorts because we do not have children, and was hoping for a romantic get away. Plus we are not early risers when going to WDW, we wake up much later than most would. I like to stay at places since it's just me and DH that are not noisy. Someday when we have kids, I probably wouldn't mind staying at the value resorts, but until then....I like it somewhat quiet. We really didn't have the extra $$$ to change hotels...but to me it's worth it. To DH, he thinks we should have just dealt with whatever came our way at POR. He thinks that it's probably not going to be 1/2 as bad as some of the negative stuff has been reported. Of course...since I am doing the planning, I made the executive decision to change! hahaha

And maybe it wouldn't be bad for those who have kids, because they will be waking up early already. If you are planning on getting up early, and being at the parks most of the day....maybe your encounters will be brief or none at all. And maybe all this is a big to do for nothing.

Again....if we weren't going on a romantic getaway for 2 adults, and had kids with us, I don't think it would be that bad. And it may not be......

If the noise is excessive, as I said before...kids will be kids...but if it's unacceptable, you can always try and talk to the front desk. Give the desk the opportunity to maybe correct the problems that might be occuring. I just don't even want to deal with the thought of being aggravated! LOL!

I personally just didn't want to chance it! Hopefully all this worrying for those who can't change will be for not! I didn't want to scare anyone.... I feel soooo bad for giving news that made someone cry

:guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

Hi All,

We switched our 12/5-12/9 trip to 12/12-12/17. We were originally going to stay off-site the first night in Orlando after our long drive, but then decided we didn't want to waste half a day moving from the hotel to WL. We found that when we wanted to add a night to our 12/5 trip (tried to add 12/4 or 12/9), the room we wanted was not available. We checked around on the Disney website, on Expedia, etc. and could not find another night at WL unless we wanted the VP suite or honeymoon suite. I talked w/reservations and she said that she had no idea why the resorts were filling, that usually it was quiet time of year.

Then, I went on to find out about Pop Warner, the Doll and Teddy Bear show at Epcot that ends on 12/5, and MouseFest that is sponsored by one of the unofficial Disney websites.

So, we changed our dates. Availability was wide open for a woods view room at WL at $132/night. Luckily for us, we were flexible with out dates. Now I'm just hoping that Disney Ticketing will exchange out MVMCP tickets that we have for 12/7.

Turns out, some of our best friends have a trip planned for the exact same dates at the WL! Our kids will be so surprised!

disneysnowflake -- why not have her switch her ressie to the
FQ side. They have their own food court -- and while it is smaller with a little less variety that Riverside it is still good. They also have their own pool -- and while guests at Riverside can use it the one at Riverside is much more suited to them and there are quite a few quiet pools which they can use. The chance of them taking the time and energy to walk to FQ is probably less likely. And, they won't be running around the resort area or practicing since they are at Riverside.

The only issue, then, to deal with would be the busses. And, I will tell you that if they are really busy that often they will run a separate bus for Riverside and FQ especially in the AM and PM when the hotels are full. If you have problems no the bus on/with the bus then I would immediately call transportation as well as let the guest services/front desk know. Then they can react to what is happening.

They are in competition during the day and not actively at the hotels and parks. But, they do have some down time at which time they are noticeable at both. Hopefully, though, there will be some chaperones to control certain parts of that.

But, switching to FQ might be a good option especially since she will be alone. It is a smaller resort and everything is much more compact. Might be easier to navigate when you have three kids by yourself.

I too was flexible with my dates so my daughter and I switched our dates from the 5th thru the 11th to the 12th thru the 18th. We won't be there on her birthday which is the 5th of Dec but we are going to celebrate it anyway. And we have switched to the Wilderness Lodge from the Polynesian with the Fall and Holiday package and we are saving a little money!! So more money to spend on -----US!!!!!! Yeah!!!

Joanie princess:

I have to cal tomorrow but I am worried. My friend tried to call today and she said that the CM said that nothing in value was available nor POFR. She got CBR and was told only CBR and CS was available 5-12. Does anyone like the CSR?

My cousin's wife called me back. She was just upset because she thought these Pop kids would be loud at night. She's going to be there with her 3 kids by herself since her husband is serving overseas.

She was afraid that the Pop kids would be noisy at night. She has PS breakfasts planned and was afraid these kids would be loud and her little ones wouldn't be able to sleep. Then everyone would be cranky all day. She was very disappointed.

She still says she's changing to Pop Century. She's calling in the morning. She never used the BAT code or anything with Riverside. She says unless she can get a deluxe with BAT at the same rate as she got with a mod using AAA she'll go to Pop Century.

I wouldn't feel bad because my cousin's wife cried. I think she's just disappointed, plus she misses her husband and such, too, plus she's nervous about taking 3 kids by herself to Disney. This whole Pop Warner thing just added onto her already worried self.

I do thank you for posting what you were told by the CM. :)

Heidi in PA

My dad was in the military and I was a military "brat." It is so difficult for the wives when husbands ship overseas ... and visa versa. I can understand her apprehension. Tell her that the expectation at all hotels is that after 10pm people are to respect the traditonal expectation of quiet. If for whatever reason, people are loud ... then I would call the front desk and very nicely ask that they send security and take care of the situation. Typically they will do that quickly as they don't want any other complaints or problems. If that doesn't take care of it then I would recommend she talk to the front desk or hotel general manager the next day and let them know of her dissatisfaction with the noise level and how unhappy she is that the hotel didn't address it that night or that if they did it didn't last for long. Remember to be nice but firm in your expectation for quiet at night.

The other thing she can do is fax the "room assignor" at the PORiverside about 8 days prior to arrival (they get the names, etc. anywhere from 8-10 days out) and ask that they place you at the opposite end of the resort from those who will be there for Pop Warner. Tell your cousin to explain that her husband is overseas serving in the military and she is taking this trip alone and concerned about her kids being able to sleep at night ... etc. I would guess they will do what they can to try to make her experience enjoyable.

And, please tell your cousin ... thank you ... for not only her husbands service but for her "manning" the homefront. Their sacrifice is deeply appreciated.

I sure will tell my cousin's wife that... but, you know what? If I tell her she will cry. lol. I'd be crying, too, if my husband was overseas. Thanks. :)

I don't mean to make her cry ... just want her to know that we do appreciate their sacrifice! I hope she has a wonderful time and "escapes" from life with her kids for just a little bit. We all need that ....

And, I know what you mean about crying ....

I just switched from POFQ to AKL. Pop Warner wasn't entirely my motivation, but it was a factor. Even though I was just at AKL in August and I like to try somewhere new, I really loved it and when a discount opened up, I had to take it. My cheerleader and football player worries are over.

As of yesterday...Pop Centry is not being used for ANY group events. I know because I am trying to put together a group trip to Disney. (not pop-warner...handicapped children for a senior trip). The groups CM said that Pop will not be used for groups at least through june of 05. And remember Pop Centry has it's own buses seperate from the All Stars!!

Originally posted by F1Julie
I just switched from POFQ to AKL. Pop Warner wasn't entirely my motivation, but it was a factor. Even though I was just at AKL in August and I like to try somewhere new, I really loved it and when a discount opened up, I had to take it. My cheerleader and football player worries are over.

Oh no, we changed from Pop to POFQ due to the Pop Warner invasion. Our dates are Dec 3-5th, I assumed I'd be okay at POFQ and Pop Warner would be at values, should I try to switch??

Pop Warner will be at POR, but no POFQ. You may run into them on the shared buses, but I don't think it will be too bad. They will not be at Pop, so you could switch back to that.

Originally posted by "thegirls"
As of yesterday...Pop Centry is not being used for ANY group events. I know because I am trying to put together a group trip to Disney. (not pop-warner...handicapped children for a senior trip). The groups CM said that Pop will not be used for groups at least through june of 05. And remember Pop Centry has it's own buses seperate from the All Stars!!

This is great news about PC! Looks like we'll be ok staying there during the Cheerleader:cheer2: competition.

Just curious, did the CM you spoke with tell you which resorts are used for group events. I know the All Stars are, but any Mods other than POR and any Deluxes?

Coronado Springs is considered a convention hotel as well as the Contemporary and I believe the Grand Floridian -- depending on the type of convention.

A lot will depend on what the group is looking for, also. The above have meeting room space and are more likely to attract "conventions" and "business type meetings" or large group meetings that need onsite space for the group to meet. Places like AS and POR do not have space and are just used for rooms.

Just got my ressies yesterday at POP. AP and Fla res rates were almost impossible to get but I think I got the last room under those rates. My friend (also a CM) called today and could not get 2 rooms at Fla res, Ap or her CM discount for a room at POP. So I guess a lot of people are choosing POP since POP Warner is taking over the other values.

Hello, I'm a mom who hopes her daughter's cheering squad makes it to Disney for Pop Warner Week. I've never been there in December and would love to go. I just found out that they changed the competition from one level of competition to three - novice, intermediate, and advanced. So, New England for example used to send sixteen teams to Florida, now they will send 48 teams, good for my daughter, scary for anyone booked into the All Stars that week. It's probably info that no one wanted to hear, but I thought I'd give a heads up. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter