Pop Warner Cheerleaders???

Originally posted by cyndibelle
ohh goodness we are gonna be there at this time....we are staying at pop century....do you think we are gonna get it as bad as the all stars do???:confused:

We are also going to be at PC during that week and I've wondered the same thing. I don't think I'll change though unless I find out that PC is one of their primary resorts. My kids are really looking forward to PC and we'll probably be up early heading off to the parks anyway.

If you are concerned, call the hotel and ask if they have someone handling large groups. I'm not sure they do since it is a value resort. But WDW does have someone handling large groups that "block out" a certain number of rooms. If you can figure out who that is they can tell you how many rooms are blocked for Pop Warner and then you would have the information you need.

I've been out of the meeting planning industry for several years now and am not sure how it is handled at WDW but someone there knows at what hotels those blocks of room are being held.

Hope that helps.

We are staying at POR this year. Last year there were "some" Pop Warner and Cheerleaders there. I met some of the mothers. But we did not see a lot of the kids.

With Pop Century open, I'm hoping the AS overflow will go there.

When we were at FQ one March, the Cheerleader groups were awful. They were rude, they would not offer their seats to mothers with babes in the arms on the busses (their packages were taking seats). And one morning, one of them walked by my table in the food court and actually sneezed (without covering their mouth) right on to my food.

My best friend was at AS and she said it was awful.

Try for a Deluxe to avoid this if you can.

I have been while the cheerleaders are there also. I had no problem with them in the parks, but at restaurants it was a little crazy. They would be yelling across the room at each other and switching tables like crazy. Basically, it felt like Whispering Canyon everywhere we went.

I will be at ASSp from the 2nd to the 7th so hopefully the 2 days I have to deal with them won't be as bad.

I remember being in Dis in 00 and staying at CBR and we saw a lot of cheerleaders there. I am sure it wasn't Pop Warner because it was end of Jan, early Feb and they were not bad at all and didn't have any problems.

Maybe they were the collage cheerleaders. I honestly didn't see them much except in the parking lots practicing.

A friend of mine is a highschool cheerleading coach. She was there for a competition last year at the end of January/the beginning of February(I can't remember which week). Does anyone know about this competition. Is it as crowded as in December?

Oh no! While we were at Magic Kingdom this summer there were VERY LARGE groups of foreign soccer teams and those kids were the rudest I have ever come across. They knocked down a few small children and they were up in the flowers for the fireworks an the CMs had to tell them about 10 times to get down and as soon as teh CM would leave they'd get right back up there. I know kids will be kids but there is no excuse for rudeness and where were thier chapperones?

Hi!
Checked the dates and we will be at AS during the time of Pop Cheerleaders! UGH! We get in Thurs night and their last day is Saturday. They will probably be there Sunday as well.
I don't mind the 7a practices - since we like to get early starts on the Parks, we will be eating breakfast then. Its the night thing I worry about with a 23m Toddler trying to sleep! Will the 'quiet' room recs on AllEars be valid during this time as well? I really, really don't want to shell out an additional $300 for 2 rooms at a Moderate (they budget is stretched as it is!) or get just 1 room (DH & I want our privacy!). Oh well, guess we'll make the best of it.

JamesMom
---------------------
Planning Trip #8 w/DS 23m
ASMu - Dec 9-14
(Dec 5-11 are the cheerleaders)

Does anyone know if these groups usually leave on Sunday or on Monday? We don't arrive until the 11th, but I was just wondering. We had planned to go to DTD on our first night there, but after finding out about Pop Warner we changed our plans for that night.

My husband's coworker had a bad time with the Pop Warner kids at All Stars, but I spoke to a lady who stayed in the moderates last year when Pop Warner was there. Besides the kids at the food court she said it wasn't bad for her at all. I guess it's who you ask.

We'll be there too celebrating dd's 5th birthday, which is on the 11th. We're just going down for a quick weekend from the 10-13. Does anyone know if they LEAVE on the 11th or is it just the last day of competitions?

BOOHOOO for us too! We will be visiting WDW Dec 3rd
thru Dec 11th.

Does anyone know what time these competitions are? Maybe they will spend most of the time at Wide world of Sports! Crossing my fingers all will go well!

***It's a shame spending so much money towards a vacation to have to worry about stuff like this. There will always be people that are rude, but groups are harder to deal with that loud and obnoxious!:confused3

If anyone gets first hand info on this fromWDW let us know. I am tryingto decide what hotel from Dec5012. I wanted ASMusic but may do PC if I find out it will be ok. Otherwise I may have to shell out the extra $$ for POFQ. Help me decide please!!

Does anyone know if they are at CBR We will be there Dec. 3 to Dec 10. I hope it wont be a problem.

From what I've read on these threads, Pop Warner cheerleaders and football players (they are there too, not just cheer) have overflowed to CBR and POR. I have not heard anyone say they were at CSR or POFQ. I am really hoping this is the case since we're staying at POFQ. Since Pop Century is new, I don't know if they will get any overflow or not. I have read that Pop is not set up to accomodate large groups. As far as when they leave, my guess would be that the competition ends Saturday and they will all leave on Sunday.

Daisylove, I would definitely switch out of ASMu. You'll probably be okay at Pop or POFQ.

Anyone know the status of this group overflowing to the POR?

We like to sleep in....9am or so.... I really can't even imagine being woken up to noise let alone cheering early in the am.

I'm just wondering now if it's necessary to upgrade from a Moderate to a Deluxe for our 1st four nights, as our last 4 nights will be at the poly. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!:wave2:

Ok, you guys are freaking me out a little again. I heard about Pop Warned before I booked our trip (Dec 5th-11th) but after reading a bunch of threads here about how you'd only have a problem if staying at All Star Music, I wasn't worried when I booked POFQ. Now reading this thread I'm getting worried again. If they spill over into POFQ I will NOT be happy....especially if we get woken up early to the sounds of cheering outside. :mad:

Also several people commented that they hardly saw them in the parks in past years because they are too busy practicing and competing......does this still hold true? .... Please tell me it does! I have nothing against cheerleaders, but large groups of loud obnoxious teenagers sounds a little worrisome.

Also, do they take over Disney Quest in the evenings and I wonder how Pleasure Island will be, especially since you don't have to pay to get in to just walk around now.

Lisa :earsboy:

I think if someone finds out exactly where Disney is "housing" the Pop Warner cheerleaders and football players, that would help everyone in their decision making.

If someone makes a call, they could let the others know. Otherwise, it is probably difficult to decide what to do without knowing where they might be staying, other than the AS.

They will only be there one day that we are at Disney and that is the day we are leaving so I think we are pretty safe.

Plus, at that time we are at the AKL....and I don't recall that they "bunk" there at all.

Hi all ~

I called this morning directly to POR. CM was really friendly, and said she would have to transfer me to someone who might better help my question.

My question is.....what resorts are slotted for Pop Warner in Decemeber. I was transferred to a reservation line that had sports topics. If you are with soccer press 1, baseball press 2, pop warner press 3. I immediately pressed 3, and my call was answered by a CM reservationalist.

When I posed my question to her...she said she didn't know but was going to ask her manager. Well ladies and gentlemen....I found out they are staying at "ALL STAR" AND "POR RIVERSIDE". I didn't push on and ask her which All Star resort, as I was in a gasp because she said POR Riverside....where we were staying for the 1st 4 nights of our trip that I've had booked forever!!!!

Needless to say, I changed my POR ressies to another resort. I personally do not want to take a chance. It may have ended up to be nothing, but the thoughts of
2 - 4 - 6 - 8 who do you appreciate in the early morning is something I don't want to possibly deal with due to the things I have read on the boards. This little change cost me $240 more for 4 nights!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps!

:wave:

I think that was a really good move, as I stated before I was
with them at CBR last December and it was terrible. I waited
in line 30 plus minutes just for food, and then had to take it
back to the room to eat since there was no place to sit. We
also could not use the main pool since there was about
200 of them in there at most times. Not even to mention the
fact that the buses were always full, with them of course!
Better to be safe than sorry.

Well, I just told my cousin's wife about this. She was in tears. This poor girl has her 10 day Disney vacation planned from Dec 4th to Dec 14th. She's staying at Riverside.

She can't afford to stay at a deluxe. Her flight tickets are non-refundable. She's taking her kids without her husband (he's overseas in the military).

My cousin's wife told me she's probably going to switch to Pop Century. She feels that if she's going to be stuck with the Pop Warner kids she might as well spend less money on a resort. She was really looking forward to Riverside, but like she said, she probably can't enjoy Riverside with swarms of kids in the food court, at the pools, etc. She was just so upset.

We had originally planned to go from Dec 6th, but change to arrive on Dec 11th due to Pop Warner.

I will never forget how terrible it was when we went to a family event in Maryland. The entire town was sold out of hotels. We stayed in a suite at Hampton Inn... and were stuck on a floor with a bunch of rowdy, vulgar, loud, rude preteen and teenagers there for a baseball tournament. They called our telephone over and over, banged on our door, threw balls against the walls, played loud music, ran up and down the halls screaming, slammed doors, etc. right until around 3am. We had to be at a family event at 10am. It was just awful. Then we had to put up with it again the following night. The staff did nothing. They did give me my money back though after I complained over and over again. My husband tried to talk to the parents, but was threatened with bodily harm for even complaining.

I'm not saying that Pop Warner kids will act like these baseball kids in Maryland did, but if I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation I certainly don't want to take that chance.

Mean for me to say, but I arrive on the 11th. I'm hoping a majority of them leave on the 12th.

I feel so badly for my cousin's wife. We was just so upset.

Thanks for telling us about what's going on though. That really helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter