Pop-Up Camping

fishinrich

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever camped in a Pop-Up trailer at Disney. I was wondering how your experiance was. I gues my main concern would be insects and lizards. My 10 year old is terrified of anything that crawls.

I love fw - but lizards are all over the place - at the WDW resorts too. So far I have not seen any snakes but they have to be there - too much prey. I have seem bunnies, foxes, deers, birds (to many to name), squirrls, chipmunks, and so forth. but disney definitely has lizards - these a green and are kind of cute - does that help

You might want to try this question on the Camping at Disney board, may have better luck getting answers. Lots of luck and have fun.

Lisa

sticker.gif

There should be lot's on the camping board. I've camped twice in a pop-up at WDW. We've had no trouble with critters inside. We even camped once in the same circle as the big rigs. Brought a portable TV since we had hookups.

Faith

I'm going to take the liberty of moving this post over to the Fort Wilderness camping board! You'll get lots of replies over there! See ya there! :D

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

I thought this was the FW camping board...is there another one? Post the link please..thanks!

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

This is it! Welcome! I just moved the whole post with the replies over here!

We just camped in a popup at FW for the first time in December and we had a great time!

There are not many insects - especially in the winter months. We see an occasional gecko (small lizard) but they are so afraid of people that they won't come around you. We see them in bushes or on trees if we really look. My son is just the opposite - he tries to catch them! But he's rarely successful! LOL!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

Ok...good! I thought I was missing out on something! :)

We camp in a popup at FW alot and have never had a problem with lizards, etc. Now, the last time we camped (in the 800 loop) we had a severe' ant problem the whole time we were there. They were tree ants (not biting) and they would fall from the trees and get all over the camper, etc. The whole loop had the problem and they had to come and spray several times during our 10 day stay. That was the first and only time we had this problem. (we are not staying in that loop this time). :)

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

Lets see pop-ups.
What do you want to know?
Well we have camped at disney for over 18 yrs not all in a camper the last 7yrs yes. No problems with ants,snakes,little crawlly things ops i take that back 2 yrs ago one got inside the camper man was it hard to catch. We got it out after about 15min or so .We love our pop-up it is the best.
Camping is like being in a differnt world all
together so quiet,piceful and all the other camper are soo friendly.People who camp with others are in there own element..

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}

We've camped at FW in our pop-up for the last 5 years. We have 3 children and they would much prefer the camping as opposed to a hotel. They have more freedom and we can relax while they play.

The only problem we ever had was 2 years ago when a tropical storm came through. The wind and rain weren't a problem but the tree frogs hatched and what a sound!!!! They sang all night long and we didn't sleep for a couple of nights. Looking back, it is funny . . . but at the time I was pretty miserable as my third child was only 6 weeks old and I was running on lack of sleep anyway.

Have a great time! Camping at Ft. Wilderness will spoil you for any other campground!!

lad-tra03.gif

We camped at FW in the spring and winter with the pop-up and had a great time. Wildlife is surprisingly abundant, but not intrusive and the insects were no where to be seen. I would suggest A/C if you're going during the summer months and heat if your going in the winter, but spring was tolerable with table fans. The only reptiles we saw where small chameleons, and then only outside, until we arrived home. While unpacking, we found a hitchhiking chameleon in the trailer. The kids just loved it!

We just camped there 2 weeks ago in a tent, and I can say that if there are any creepy crawly things there, they stay away. I only saw a few lizards, even. No snakes, spiders, nothing. My DW and I are looking at purchasing a Pop-Up by this summer, and we are looking foward to our next trip to Ft Wilderness. Enjoy!

DrewJ
The measure of a true hero is not the size of their strength, but the strength of their hearts.

DJBounce: Was it cold at night? Did you take any special equipment such as a tent heater etc?

aurora03.gif

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
DXL November 00
off-site March 01
DXL 200?

The coldest night was about 40 degrees according to the weatherman on the radio, but we did bring an electric space heater. It was nice and toasty inside with that and our sleeping bags. The latter part of the week was warmer so we opened a window to let fresh air in at night...still a little cool, but perfect sleeping weather!

DrewJ
The measure of a true hero is not the size of their strength, but the strength of their hearts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter