• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Preferred vs. Standard

GrimGrinningGhost in NJ

Earning My Ears
Tried to book a preferred room at Pop for 12/2-6 - none available. (our first time at a Value ... somewhat nervous) Do I need to be worried that the standard rooms are really far away from the bus stop / food court? The layout of the resort looks like it's smaller than some Moderates but this will be our 1st time travelling with our DSs (5 and 3) and I don't want to have to walk really far coming back from the parks. I didn't request a specific building (because I was surprised there weren't any Preferred available) - the CM told me I could call back and do that later.

Tell me not to worry! My DH thinks I'm nuts....

We've stayed at POP 9 times. Only twice was preferred. We always love to stay at POP. I would request a building if you want to be very close. We have stayed at the very last building and out by the last parking lot before and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there was some walking to get to the main building. It was still an awesome stay. There are paths to cut through no matter where you are staying so it's not as bad as it looks. Have a great stay!!!!

I have loved my standard rooms. I always request a lake view room, and it is so nice and quiet there. No problem with mid day napping or sleeping in the evening.

The moderates are usually just 2 stories, while the POP buildings are 4 stories, so the footprint of the resort is not big at all. I have never had a far walk to the main hub.

This picture is the back, standard of 70's facing the lake. If you look to your right you see a giant white 80 on the building. That is the food court and bus is right behind it.

2006_0509DisneyMay2006II0102.jpg

We have only stayed there once, and that was in a preferred. I just needed the preferred for the convienence of my 3 year old daughter.

I don't think it is overly necessary to have the preferred. Yes, I would pay the extra $$ for the preferred again, but it really isn't that bad of a walk. Just considered it a good morning stroll!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter