Pop or SOG... I just don't know!

clkelley - I'm just curious, why do you not like inside hallways. This is usually a plus for everyone especially ME.

SoG has queen sized beds which is nice compared to the doubles at any of the Value Resorts. I've stayed there twice and while it was bland, the price was great and the proximity to Magic Kingdom and the monorail was nice. Now we stay at Disney resorts where we find more "magic" to our experience as we have a 2 year old that needs to return to room for naps during the afternoon. We like the themeing of the Disney resorts as we found SoG too boring and felt as if we were staying at a hotel in Kissimmee or the LBV area.

Anyway, for those that just like the rate and could care less about the magic feeling cuz they're already at the happiest place on earth, then SoG is a great deal; plus their food is really great at their restaurants.

clkelley - I'm just curious, why do you not like inside hallways. This is usually a plus for everyone especially ME.

I never have. I'm also very partial to first floor rooms. I am a smoker, (please no debates), but it really has nothing to do with that. Just being able to walk outside the door to a courtyard, pool, or other attractive landscaped area is just important to me.

Maybe if it was a ground floor inside hallway that would be nice, cause the patio leads to directly outside, but I know it's not recommended that you leave and enter the room that way, cause you can't lock the patio door from the outside.

Hi Hilarie! It was nice to see you at Open House yesterday!! Anyways, have you checked into the family suite at one of the value resorts? I have only heard about them and not sure what they offer. I believe they sleep 5 or 6.

p.s. glad to see you back on the boards! Too bad you couldn't join us at OKW in October for the girls getaway!!

Thanks for all the responses! It has given me much food for thought. I still don't know which we'll choose but your input sure helps. Dh and I have much to discuss. We may go with SOG and use the money we'd save to put toward a 3 day DCL cruise! Wouldn't that be great???

And, hi Michelle! It was fun hanging with you on the field trip today :goodvibes

Personally (and I haven't been there since before the remodel), I'd go with SOG.

Thanks for all the responses! It has given me much food for thought. I still don't know which we'll choose but your input sure helps. Dh and I have much to discuss. We may go with SOG and use the money we'd save to put toward a 3 day DCL cruise! Wouldn't that be great???

While you are still deciding I will put in my 2 cents.

I stayed at Pop on a solo trip this past Feb and I loved it.
Loved the atmosphere, the icons, music playing all of the time, not sharing buses with other resorts and the food court. There are activities for kids, several pools you can use and a playground. There is a bar inside and a pool/outside bar. The walk around the resort on Memory Lane is nice and you can walk onto the bridge onto Hourglass Lake. I loved using DME.

I have stayed at SOG a couple of times and am staying there next year. We are only able to stay there when my BIL sponsors us.
This resort is a deluxe resort. The rooms are bigger and have queen sized beds and a fold out couch (which DS says was comfortable), double sinks, a coffee pot, fridge, your own patio or balcony and an inside hallway. There is a hot tub there (none at Pop) and 2 large pools and one kiddie pool and a playground. The grounds are beautiful and the resort is quiet as you do not seem to have all the people running around like you do at Pop. The buses run on a schedule and we like that. We know when the bus will be at the bus stop so no long waits at the bus stop. We rent a car while staying at SOG and have to pay for parking at the resort. The inlaws like to go into Kissimmee to eat sometimes. You can walk to the Poly. It is a beautiful resort and has an awesome beach over looking MK, Grand Floridian and the Contemp. We watched wishes from the beach last time and it is so beautiful on the beach at night. No food court at SOG so you have to order and wait for your food at Evergreens (we watched a Red Sox game while eating there one night). They have a breakfast buffet at the Garden Gallery every morning and dinner buffets at night (different theme each night). There is a bar called Eagles Food and Spirits that we did not visit last time so I can't tell you about that. SOG has an old fashioned icecream parlor, a coffee place and just inside the doors from the bus stop is Express Cafe where you can get breakfast snacks, coffee, water etc. and bag lunches.

So let us know what you decide to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter