Pop or Movies

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
I know alot of you will say Pop, and i would too. I stayed there in March and just loved it. We may possibley be going in Dec for my DD's third b-day. Assuming both are available when I book the trip (my Dh is so last minute I ahve started on him, but it may be a month before he decides)...would you go with pop again, or try something new. I really liked pop alot and recommend it to everyone ,but a part of me kind of wants to try out a new place as well. I just would like a little extra input and pictures of Movies if anyone has them.

If it were me, I'd still go with POP. We stayed at all 3 AS's before POP was completed & then jumped there after so many friends and family had raved about their stays. From now on it's POP for us. Love the huge food court and not sharing a bus with another hotel is a BIG plus!!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, you might want to try one of the AS's just to compare it to POP and see which you like best. :hourglass

I'm a Pop girl myself:thumbsup2 ! Love Pop! DBF and I stayed at All Star Movies in 2002 then when Pop was complete in 2003 we decided to try there. We LOVE it!! :love: If I had a choice, I'd prefer Pop over ASMo. The bus service is great (no bus sharing at Pop!) and I like the themeing. We usually prefer to stay in the 50's buildings; they're close enough to the main building but far enough away where it's not too noisy. I like the food court and the gift shop also.

I vote for Pop again also. I've been to both the All-Stars (Music) and Pop, both are fine, but I just prefer Pop. I just think it's better overall.

I like them both, but I like ASMo a little better. We've had better bus service @ ASMo, and the food court has more things that I like.

I think you should be able to access this link. We've stayed at ASmo two times now and we've just been thrilled. Our daughter just loved it, expecially the Toy Story building. This past April, I took lots of pictures of the ground around the resort, so take a look.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mom2evie/sets/72157600521703399/

We going back down in September and will be staying at Pop for the first time. Thanks to so many posters here, I know we're going to love it!

Mom2Evie. Your pictures are great! Which Princess meal was your favorite? I want to take DD to at least one on her b-day. It's such a hard decision on where to go. I know I love pop, but I think maybe I should give another place a try and have a different experience as well. I don't know much about moives yet though, because I didn't do much research on it yet. What sections are good (but not preferred)?

I love POP too...and totally understand. I would like to try ASMovies too...I think its good to try something different....I am the kind of person that likes different memories, different resort photos, different types of vacations..if that makes sense!
And remember...everyone who has an opinion on something...its usually based on THEIR experience....so until YOU experience it....good luck in deciding!

Gotta go with ....................

Disney200700047.jpg

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We have stayed at both...and my vote is definately ASMovies! I think little ones appreciate the theming so much more than POP. Nothing started my daughters Disney Day better than saying good morning to Woody and Buzz. :thumbsup2

I have stayed at them all and of the Values, Pop is by far my 1st choice with Movies 2nd. Wherever it is it will be wonderful - it is WDW!!:banana:

I am leaning towards trying Movies, but I guess my biggest worry is the buses. We didn't really ever eat at Pops food court, so I guess I wouldn't know the difference on that. Does the movies have the sudaue bar like pop? I heard godd reviews of it, but we were so busy we ever made it there. if we take this trip I plan to do a day at the hotel and relax (weather permitting)and should be able to give it a try.
Also is Dec good for swimming at all?

Mom2Evie. Your pictures are great! Which Princess meal was your favorite? I want to take DD to at least one on her b-day. It's such a hard decision on where to go. I know I love pop, but I think maybe I should give another place a try and have a different experience as well. I don't know much about moives yet though, because I didn't do much research on it yet. What sections are good (but not preferred)?

Let's see. This is for your DD third birthday? I think I definitely would hold off on doing Cinderella's Castle. We did that when DD was almost 5 years old and I still wish I'd waited. I don't think she got as much out of the experience as she would have had we waited until past April (5yo) or this coming September (6yo). Cinderella's Royal Table is double the price of the Princess breakfast is Akerhaus but DD loves the experience at Akerhaus just as much (if not more). I'd think pick Akerhaus over the castle. They have great character interaction, the food is traditional American fare served family style and we've gotten great service each and every time. If your DD is into princesses, this is really the way to go.... no contest.

We've also done the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian, you saw the pics I think (Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Pooh, etc.). That was a great experience but DD wouldn't go near the fuzzy characters like Tigger or Pooh until the past trip. There's no way she would have enjoyed that breakfast any younger. The breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is a buffet. If your DD doesn't like the traditional eggs, bacon & sausage, then you may want to choose 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace. They have a great selection of ANY breakfast food you could imagine.

Now, movies. We've stayed in Fantasia (preferred $10 more) and Toy Story. DD just loved the Toy Story building, but only in the last year did she get into Woody, Buzz & Jessie. We walked all over the grounds and some buildings just didn't spark DD's interest. First, I'd book a standard view room, but ask if they have preferred/Fantasia available when I checked in. They wouldn't charge you extra upon check in if you did it that way. Both Fantasia & Toy Story are close to the kiddie pool and the large pool, but since we were on the opposite side of the building, the noise never bothered us. Next, I think I'd choose 101 Dalmations. It's an adorable set of buildings, close to the main building but not on top of either pool. You wouldn't have to pay preferred and if your daughter loves dogs at all, this would be great for her.

100_1422.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_1412.jpg

100_1414-1.jpg

100_1231.jpg

100_1229.jpg

I am leaning towards trying Movies, but I guess my biggest worry is the buses.

We didn't really ever eat at Pops food court, so I guess I wouldn't know the difference on that. Does the movies have the sudaue bar like pop?

Also is Dec good for swimming at all?

We never once had an issue with the buses in both our trips at All Star Movies. Sure, buses were pretty full, but we were there Easter Week in both 2006 & 2007. EVERYTHING was full that week!!

I really liked the ASMo food court. They didn't have a sundae bar where to top things yourself, but they do have scoop ice cream & sundaes that a cast member makes for you.

December swimming could be hit or miss. It depends on how cool you're willing to be in December. We were there in December back in 98 and a couple of days were definitely warm enough to swim. I would pack swimsuits, but be prepared for it to be just a bit too cool to swim.
December
Average High Temperature: 72ºF
Days about 90ºF: 0
Average Low Temperature: 51ºF
Days with Lows below Freezing: 9
Average Rainfall Amount: 2.0"
Days With Rain: 6
Days with Thunderstorms: 1
Days with Fog: 15

Thanks for the info. We have been going over your pictures ALOT! DD loves the character pictures and I have to keep scrolling through and she names them.
I was thinking of NOT doing th CRT too. I just didn't think I wanted to spend the money or use two meal credits. She seems to like all characters right now. At least she did in March when we were there. I have so many desicions to make and still to get the OK from DH! LOL!
I am thinking of doing the other 2 Princess meals though, and jsut spread them out over our trip. I think lunch over breakfast though for us.
We did Chef Mickeys breakfast and that was a big hit, and we did crystal palace dinner and agian a big hit. So I am thinking of doing mostly character meals. Have you done the Hoop Dee Doo yet? I am curious if she would like it as well. I think she would becuase she loves to sing and dnace. She liked stopping at the street shows in EPCOT and watching them.

Do i love POP...yes.
Do i love Movies....yes.

hummm...this is a hard one. I would say try something new...why not? It's basically the same hotel as you know, but for a 3yo I would say Movies. DD loves Movies the best so far...too bad for her, Mommie and Daddy love WL..lol. Pictures? omg..i have pictures...

DSCF0234_0164.jpg

9-28-2005-166.jpg

9-28-2005-164.jpg

9-28-2005-163.jpg

Thanks again everyone. And the more pictures the better. I never get tired of looking. I have learned so much on these boards.

Claire loved Pop. We were near the Mickey phone and she just adores Mickey, so that was a highlight for her. But I think she wil lbe happy at either place. How are the beds there at Movies? I had an awesome bed at Pop and am almost afraid to jinx myself. LOL!

Just a thought...since you were talking abt CRT....I dont feel its worth 2 credits..we did it...there is a wonderful character meal with Princesses at Epcot in Norway...when I think we could have eaten at Narcoosees again...yikes:{ We are trying Cape May Cafe Breakfast this trip...just 1 credit:)
THose pics of ASMo look fantastic:)

We actually had Hoop Dee Doo reservations this time but cancelled them for MNSSHP instead. We can do HDDR nex time we go. I doube we'll go in September or October again!

If you're interested in a character dinner with at least one princess, there's one at 1900 Park Fare as well. This one has Cinderella, her prince, Fairy Godmother and two mice. We were scheduled for it this past April as well, but DD best friend got really sick that day. We were both down for Spring Break and had planned dinner together. They couldn't change our reservation from 8 to 3 on short notice!!

We are doing dinner at CRT for dinner this trip, but we're paying out of pocket instead of using two TS credits. That's just crazy but we did it the first year, not knowing any better. :) The dinner is different that breakfast & lunch. The characters don't come around to tables & do autographs. We're not too worried since we'll have already done Crystal Palace & Akerhaus in Epcot earlier in the week.

Here are pics from our 2006 vacation. The CRT pics are here, with Cinderella, inside the castle, with princesses, etc.
http://flickr.com/photos/mom2evie/sets/72157600521699127/

I hope you really enjoy your trip and good luck with whatever decision you make!

I personally love POP. I have talked with several people who have stayed at the AllStars and wasn't too impressed. As far as the bus goes, if you want to stay at the AllStars, I would stay at the Sports. It is first on the bus stop coming and going so you will have a better chance of getting a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter