POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been forever since I've posted on the DIS, been forever since I stayed at POP. I had a one night stay during my visit last week. Brought back wonderful memories of my 2007 trip when I took my mom and DD who was 10 at the time. I could remember every spot we took photos, including the bridge to nowhere.
My friend and I ran the running trail at midnight and it was actually awesome:) Since 2007 my DD has grown into a teenager and I lost my mom...:(... So even tho I just stayed one night, it was magical because of the great memories I had at Pop.

DisneyBride'03 said:
It's been forever since I've posted on the DIS, been forever since I stayed at POP. I had a one night stay during my visit last week. Brought back wonderful memories of my 2007 trip when I took my mom and DD who was 10 at the time. I could remember every spot we took photos, including the bridge to nowhere.
My friend and I ran the running trail at midnight and it was actually awesome:) Since 2007 my DD has grown into a teenager and I lost my mom...:(... So even tho I just stayed one night, it was magical because of the great memories I had at Pop.

Awww....so sorry for the loss of your mom but so glad to hear that POP brought back such Great Memories!!

I know it will be that way for me!! We have spent SO much time there!! And esp with older DD being a CM and all the time we spent together there....her and I. Memories I will NEVER forget! It is a great Place! Glad you were able to enjoy your time even if it only was one night. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Awww....so sorry for the loss of your mom but so glad to hear that POP brought back such Great Memories!!

I know it will be that way for me!! We have spent SO much time there!! And esp with older DD being a CM and all the time we spent together there....her and I. Memories I will NEVER forget! It is a great Place! Glad you were able to enjoy your time even if it only was one night. Thanks for sharing!! :)

Thanks:) I do love it there, maybe not the food court at night, but just walking around,all the pop culture....you are right, memories you won't forget:)) I love the pool bar and just enjoying the sights and sounds. Congrats on your daughter being a CM!
In 2007, I actually began the Mr Coffee swap! It went for awhile! I didn't do the behind the scenes organizing, just purchased the coffee maker and began it:)

anyone have any photos of Pop's Christmas Decor from last year?

This is my first time staying on site and also first time going in December so I am curious to know how they decorate pop for the season? (Didn't even know they did until I read through this thread! so excited)

At POP now, leaving Sunday to go back to the cold :furious:
My question is anyone seeing any bounce back offers? :confused3

wingnut3443 said:
At POP now, leaving Sunday to go back to the cold :furious:
My question is anyone seeing any bounce back offers? :confused3

It should be in your welcome packet. If not call the bounce back number from your room ask, 8844.

We check in 3 weeks from Saturday. We got our Magic Bands earlier this week, but no Mickey mail yet. Should I call about it or is it too early for it to come? Thanks!

We check in 3 weeks from Saturday. We got our Magic Bands earlier this week, but no Mickey mail yet. Should I call about it or is it too early for it to come? Thanks!

It is not too early for Mickey Mail; 3 weeks out means it's either a little late or will come any day.

Do you have a package or a room-only reservation? I've read that with room-only reservations you don't receive any Mickey Mail detailing your reservation. I tend to always have a package so I've always gotten something like 4 weeks out or so.

It is not too early for Mickey Mail; 3 weeks out means it's either a little late or will come any day. Do you have a package or a room-only reservation? I've read that with room-only reservations you don't receive any Mickey Mail detailing your reservation. I tend to always have a package so I've always gotten something like 4 weeks out or so.

It's room only. This is a trip we had to reschedule from May which was room only, and we got something then. It was like a Toy Story book with our reservations listed in it along with info about the hotel and parks. Didn't come today either, so hopefully soon.

It's room only. This is a trip we had to reschedule from May which was room only, and we got something then. It was like a Toy Story book with our reservations listed in it along with info about the hotel and parks. Didn't come today either, so hopefully soon.

In my experience you only get one of those "Your Story" books. I received my book of that type for an All-Star Sports reservation that I subsequently changed to All-Star Movies. There was no second booklet (thankfully; I don't find that booklet all that useful!)

The other type of "Mickey Mail" is more detailed than the Your Story booklet and covers all the aspects of a package booking, and sometimes that mailing is combined with Disney Magical Express luggage tags. That one arrives 3-4 weeks prior to arrival.

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that I was at POP 2 months ago (for 5 days, then 5 days at AoA) and I'll be returning for a quick weekend trip in 7 days! Can't wait, I've never done a short trip before. I'm a planner, but for this one in winging it. Eeeek!

Anyway although I could have double dipped on FP, and planned to, I didn't actually need to. 3 FP+ is too few but you get really used to not having the hassle of running all around the park to get a FP-. So when you're at Pooh and it has a 20 minute wait, you can wait or go pull FP- and come back in 2 hours, I ended up waiting. Still got to do everything. I quite liked FP+ and don't mind then taking FP- away.

That being said, for those who worry, I heard old room - only KTTW cards still work, as do APs. If you have any of those, use them!

But if you don't, don't worry too much. It's not as bad as it sounds.

We are considering staying at POP in February. My question is: Can you walk across the bridge from POP to AOA to see that resort? AOA isn't part of the room only special in February but we'd like to go over there and see the Cars area especially for my son. Of course we can take a bus but I don't mind walking - it appears to be a short walk.

THANKS!

We are considering staying at POP in February. My question is: Can you walk across the bridge from POP to AOA to see that resort? AOA isn't part of the room only special in February but we'd like to go over there and see the Cars area especially for my son. Of course we can take a bus but I don't mind walking - it appears to be a short walk.

THANKS!

Yes you can.

THANKS!

Yes it's a very short walk. When we stayed at AoA we took a stroll over to Pop actually - because I like their giftshop and foodcourt better.

And in exactly 2 weeks, we'll be on our way to Pop! :cool1:

In addition to old KTTW cards (which seem to be hit and miss) and APs, the plastic park tickets with stripes on the back should also work to pull FP- if used to enter the park. That's good for anyone who purchased tickets separately and did not book a package.

Hello! Am I correct in understanding that an iron and ironing board have to be requested and are offered free of charge? Is it better to arrange this ahead of time or can it be done at check-in? Thanks! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter