POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are also from Ontario but aren't arriving till the 12 th. anyone else going at that time?

Are you referring to August 12th?? We arrived on Aug 19th! :cool1:

i don't see the point in worrying about my room. i've stayed in them all and really, you don't get to sit out on a balcony so who cares what your view is. i do understand that if you have younger children you would like to not have to travel to far but nothing is really to far. maybe people want to watch their children from the window?
the only buildings i didn't like were the 80's and 90's. they did have the advantage of begin able to walk across the parking lot and be right at the bus stop however i do like to walk through the main building just for the atmosphere. long story short, its not like your going to sit out and look at your surroundings so i just don't see the worry about the room. i don't get it.....any room at the pop is better than no room at the pop. :yay:

Great attitidue!! :thumbsup2 We don't worry about the room either, we just prefer certain areas (we like the lakeview rooms) and if we are fortunate enough to get them, that's great! The one time we asked for another location, we had our room in the 80s which we really liked.

We have stayed in all sections (except the 70s) and have liked them all. :cool1:

I did get it this morning :hug: My phone froze & I charged it last night :headache:

Still at BC & double booked at RPR...at still at WL in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

:yay: RPR seems like a sweet deal ... Still holding LM for sept ... have no clue what we are doing ... like usual :rotfl2:

And I predict you WILL stay at WL!! (so don't prove me wrong :))

For future reference, there is a 2012 map on the first page (first post) of this FAQ thread, which does show the map of the resort, and bldg numbers in each section. :goodvibes

Also, there is the map showing the number layout that applies to all bldgs, which can be accessed here.

Thanks for the link(s) and info!
Thank you for the reply to our room request it REALLY HELPS :)

Welcome home janet...soon you'll be at Pop :hug:

Janet a big welcome back from me too! Hope you had a wonderful trip. POP in a couple of weeks!!! :cool1:

:yay: RPR seems like a sweet deal ... Still holding LM for sept ... have no clue what we are doing ... like usual :rotfl2:

And I predict you WILL stay at WL!! (so don't prove me wrong :))

I'm hoping she stays at WL too but with our RC Queen you never know until the trip is over where she'll be! :rotfl2:

tinkerone said:
big town of kingston, should i look for you??? lol

I guess I should have been more specific. I have to wait until September 12... I'm going crazy as I am in the south pacific for two weeks prior to our trip and have less than 20 hours at home before our flight to Disney !
I am from boring Ottawa...

Couple of more questions as we enter the final countdown!!

1) If we decide to go to the pool on our last day, are there hairdryers in the changing rooms by the pool? I can keep my travel dryer in a carry-on if I need to but rather not if I don't have to.

2) Are there generally taxis waiting around or will I need to ask the concierge desk for assistance? We will probably use one on our DTD night and the night we head to the Poly for dinner.

Thanks!!! Getting REALLY excited!! :goodvibes

Just wanted to say how excited we are to be returning to Pop this Nov. :cool1: I have been reading along for awhile now and have found the first page very helpful. So much info. Great job Janet B and all the other poppers who are so helpful.

Tammy

Would really like some help with room request. Ok I"ve studied the maps I have booked a preferred room there is a note on my booking I would like the 50 building I am one of those awful people who need a nicotine fix and am travelling solo so have identified any rooms between 1101-1111 or 3161-3172 any thoughts on these choices
Thanks in advance

29days! 29 days! 29 days!!!!!!!!! AND we got our papers from Disney yesterday and our luggage tags for the airplane! I am sososososoooooooo excited to go to Pop for the first time! I want to shout it to the world lol. Maybe I should do a Pre Trip report...I've been reading some of those here lately.............. I do have a question tho... If I've called for a room request in the 50s building and if I do the online checking will I still get my request?

29days! 29 days! 29 days!!!!!!!!! AND we got our papers from Disney yesterday and our luggage tags for the airplane! I am sososososoooooooo excited to go to Pop for the first time! I want to shout it to the world lol. Maybe I should do a Pre Trip report...I've been reading some of those here lately.............. I do have a question tho... If I've called for a room request in the 50s building and if I do the online checking will I still get my request?

There's no guarantee you'll get your room request regardless of calling, etc. You won't know until you actually check in if they have honored your request...at least that has been my experience when requesting a specific area at a resort. They will make note of your request, and my experience has always been positive...always get my request. Hoping I am lucky on my upcoming trip and get my lake facing room request!
I am sure if things have changed in regards to room requests, someone else will chime in.

Would really like some help with room request. Ok I"ve studied the maps I have booked a preferred room there is a note on my booking I would like the 50 building I am one of those awful people who need a nicotine fix and am travelling solo so have identified any rooms between 1101-1111 or 3161-3172 any thoughts on these choices
Thanks in advance

You're not an awful person. :smokin: When we were there last year, we met lots of friendly people in the smoking areas. It was one of the best vacations we had at Disney.

Thanks in advance

If you don't get what you want you can always ask at check in to be moved.

No matter which resort we stay at, I ALWAYS have some type of request (a certain floor or view etc). I have always gotten what I wanted. I just have it noted by CRO when making my ressie. I am going to try on-line check in for the first time, so hopefully my streak continues! :goodvibes

Our vacation is quickly approaching. All the posts here have been so helpful.

One more question: We are having dinner at Reglan Road our first night there. We will be taking bus there. Are there multiple stops at DTD? And if so, which stop do we take?

TIA, Helen :)

Janet a big welcome back from me too! Hope you had a wonderful trip. POP in a couple of weeks!!! :cool1:

Thanks Linda!! :) It was nice to visit my friend and for Sam to see her BFF (she's still there). And the next 3 weeks will fly by and then its POP and WDW!! :dance3:

Couple of more questions as we enter the final countdown!!

1) If we decide to go to the pool on our last day, are there hairdryers in the changing rooms by the pool? I can keep my travel dryer in a carry-on if I need to but rather not if I don't have to.

2) Are there generally taxis waiting around or will I need to ask the concierge desk for assistance? We will probably use one on our DTD night and the night we head to the Poly for dinner.

Thanks!!! Getting REALLY excited!! :goodvibes

:wave2:
Not sure about the hair dryer question .. maybe other POPers can answer this. We have always seen taxis in front of POP ... if you really want to be sure, the conceirage desk can provide you with the Yellow Cab phone number so you can call and reserve one in advance. :)

Just wanted to say how excited we are to be returning to Pop this Nov. :cool1: I have been reading along for awhile now and have found the first page very helpful. So much info. Great job Janet B and all the other poppers who are so helpful.

Tammy

Hi Tammy!! Happy that you find the thread helpful! :hippie: POP in November! :cool1: Nice weather, and depending on when you go, you may see the Christmas decorations!

31 days! I know...I'm obsessed.:wave2: LOL Anyone from Wisconsin on here making the drive down?:car:

Hi!! I just came back from Wisconsin!!! (Trevor area) so quite close to the Illinois border!

:cool1: We are there in later August too! As Kelly stated you can always ask the CM at check in to be moved if you are not happy with your room location.

In our experience, we have been gotten our first choice most of the time .. and even when we didn't, we discovered a new area that we liked as well. :goodvibes It can't hurt your odds having it on the reservation and doing on line check in. :)

Our vacation is quickly approaching. All the posts here have been so helpful.

One more question: We are having dinner at Reglan Road our first night there. We will be taking bus there. Are there multiple stops at DTD? And if so, which stop do we take?

TIA, Helen :)

Hi Helen! :)Yes ... you want to get off at the second stop, Pleasure Island (believe it is still named that). It will be after the Marketplace East stop (which is the first). :goodvibes

No matter which resort we stay at, I ALWAYS have some type of request (a certain floor or view etc). I have always gotten what I wanted. I just have it noted by CRO when making my ressie. I am going to try on-line check in for the first time, so hopefully my streak continues! :goodvibes

After last years wait. I will be doing online check in as well. Just hoping I can get my reservation pulled up. The disney sight don't like my resort reservations just my one adr comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter