POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I have a question, can I request a room in the 60's if I did not book a preferred room? I booked a standard and from what I understand there are no standard rooms in the 60's. Would they even take my request if I don't have a preferred room booked? Thanks for any help!
There are standard rooms in every building! I think there's a good map of the "zones" on the front page of this FAQ, but basically the back of the 60s building not facing the pool and near the "top" are standards.

What is the deal with the Wi-Fi? Does it work or mostly hit and miss? DD will need to do some online classes while we are there.

I had a hard time just getting connected to it - it kept giving me error messages and kicking me out. Since we had an aircard, I gave up pretty quickly. I did try several times over the course of the trip though.

So for all those going the last week of August we will be the ones with the kid with a GREEN arm cast, yes I said green! And i didn't even mention it was a DIS colour to him (it is his ball team colour too). Feel free to come up and say hi if I am with him (may be creppy if he is by himself :eek: ) , you are welcome to say hi to my DH, he will happily say hi as he is used to me knowing people everywhere we go :lmao:

Now to convince him it is ok to have people sign it, he refuses to let his little brothers sign it so hopefully he will change his mind for Mickey !!

4 weeks from tomorrow we leave!!! 1 month from today we will already be there :banana::banana::banana:

There are standard rooms in every building! I think there's a good map of the "zones" on the front page of this FAQ, but basically the back of the 60s building not facing the pool and near the "top" are standards.

I called Disney today to put in my request for the 60's and the CM I spoke to said ALL the rooms in the 60's are preferred! I was suprised and did not fully believe what she said so I figured I'd post my qustion here and once again DIS people are WAY more informed then CM's!
I will call back tomm. and put in my request. Thanks for answering my question!

I called Disney today to put in my request for the 60's and the CM I spoke to said ALL the rooms in the 60's are preferred! I was suprised and did not fully believe what she said so I figured I'd post my qustion here and once again DIS people are WAY more informed then CM's!

Here's the link to the map. The lake view rooms are not preferred:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

I would like to book our room request but when I look at the map I can not tell building numbers? Like I was thinking the back of the 80's section facing the playground? Is there somewhere you can get more specific building numbers? Thanks for the information :thumbsup2

jsweeks@cogeco.ca said:
I would like to book our room request but when I look at the map I can not tell building numbers? Like I was thinking the back of the 80's section facing the playground? Is there somewhere you can get more specific building numbers? Thanks for the information :thumbsup2

The building number is the first number of the room number. So when you look at the Pop map on the first page, room 4114 would be building 4 for example. Hope that helps.

What is the deal with the Wi-Fi? Does it work or mostly hit and miss? DD will need to do some online classes while we are there.

Wi fi worked fine for me most of the time. However, when I really needed to get work done, I connected at 5:00 in the morning in or by Classic Hall -- got a couple hours in before DD got up. At busier times of the day, the wi fi was more spotty. I also have a mi-fi, which I brought along, but only used a couple of times.

As others have stated, 60s do indeed offer standard rooms, as every section/bldg does so.

Hopefully when you call today you will get a CM that is more knowledgeable. :goodvibes

We have a standard room for our August trip and requested lakeview, 60s with no problem. :)

So for all those going the last week of August we will be the ones with the kid with a GREEN arm cast, yes I said green! And i didn't even mention it was a DIS colour to him (it is his ball team colour too). Feel free to come up and say hi if I am with him (may be creppy if he is by himself :eek: ) , you are welcome to say hi to my DH, he will happily say hi as he is used to me knowing people everywhere we go :lmao:

Now to convince him it is ok to have people sign it, he refuses to let his little brothers sign it so hopefully he will change his mind for Mickey !!

4 weeks from tomorrow we leave!!! 1 month from today we will already be there :banana::banana::banana:

i see your from ontario, as am i. so if i see you here i can still say hi?? lol.
sorry to hear about your son but it will all be good and maybe he will get extra attention with the green cast. could produce a bit of pixie dust. pixiedust:

For future reference, there is a 2012 map on the first page (first post) of this FAQ thread, which does show the map of the resort, and bldg numbers in each section. :goodvibes

Also, there is the map showing the number layout that applies to all bldgs, which can be accessed here.

The building of the 80s facing the playground is bldg. 9.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24597789&postcount=1353

Thanks for the link(s) and info!

:) Wish we were still going to be there to say hi! Love the green cast :thumbsup2

Sure the not letting your little brothers sign it is a brotherly love thing ... and once he's in Disney it will seem cool to get autographs!!

Welcome home janet...soon you'll be at Pop :hug:

Thanks my friend!! :hug: Haven't made it over to our RC "pad" yet, but will do so today. :goodvibes It's been a bit overwhelming the last few weeks, so yes, it will great to be back at POP soon. :hippie:

So you are still at BC??? :flower3:

P.S. Did you get my VM?

i see your from ontario, as am i. so if i see you here i can still say hi?? lol.
sorry to hear about your son but it will all be good and maybe he will get extra attention with the green cast. could produce a bit of pixie dust. pixiedust:

Sure, although I am not sure where in Ontario you are!! We will be all over the province in the next month (North, East and we leave Southwestern Ontario area)

i don't see the point in worrying about my room. i've stayed in them all and really, you don't get to sit out on a balcony so who cares what your view is. i do understand that if you have younger children you would like to not have to travel to far but nothing is really to far. maybe people want to watch their children from the window?
the only buildings i didn't like were the 80's and 90's. they did have the advantage of begin able to walk across the parking lot and be right at the bus stop however i do like to walk through the main building just for the atmosphere. long story short, its not like your going to sit out and look at your surroundings so i just don't see the worry about the room. i don't get it.....any room at the pop is better than no room at the pop. :yay:

Thanks my friend!! :hug: Haven't made it over to our RC "pad" yet, but will do so today. :goodvibes It's been a bit overwhelming the last few weeks, so yes, it will great to be back at POP soon. :hippie:

So you are still at BC??? :flower3:

P.S. Did you get my VM?

I did get it this morning :hug: My phone froze & I charged it last night :headache:

Still at BC & double booked at RPR...at still at WL in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter